• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I know plenty of left wing people are shitty. But I'm watching Lindsay Ellis video on the shitty fan fic writer and I can't help but think "probably a Trump supporter." Maybe that's unfair and liberal bubble thinking. But whatever. I reserve the right to assume anyone who cuts off is a Trump supporter.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine there is a correlation between shitty personalities and shitty politics, but I don't know how strong it is and I know they don't go fully hand in hand. So eh.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Eh, I assume Trump supporters are shitty people, not the other way around. Though sometimes the signs are so blatant I can't help it but to assume.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Nah, plenty of shitty people on both sides of the political spectrum.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup lmao! I work in retail and every time I have to deal with a customer raising a shitfit I can't help but think "this fucker's voting Trump".

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Most people's personalities aren't defined by the box they check on the ballot.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
There's plenty of shitty people that don't vote at all and even more shitty people that live outside the US so... no

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on more than just "being a shitty person."

There's levels and methods to shittiness.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Shitty like being a bigot, racist, sexist, anti mask, etc? Then yes. I also think people who have "dont tread on me" plates are also Trump supporters.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Every bully, brute, meathead, and jackass I knew in school became a Trumper. So yeah, mostly.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Not at all. Shittyness comes in many different forms. It's not a left or right thing. It's a human being thing.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
A bit perhaps.
Much, much, much more the other way ofc - i.e
if(person.supports.Contains("Trump"))
return PersonType.Shitty

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the case for certain kinds of shitty... but there are a lot of kinds of shitty people.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't live in the US so that would be weird.

Also that's a very weird way of thinking.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
No, not at all. I read some pretty vile shit the night RBG passed on social media. And it wasn't from the right.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Absolutely, and to be frank, it generally pans out to be true. I've never once been surprised to find out someone was far right leaning, simply based on personality alone. Anyone can be shitty, but conservatism is defined by a dense matrix of so very many kind of interconnected forms of shittiness, and it's extraordinarily rare for a person to be shitty in just one way.

Most people's personalities aren't defined by the box they check on the ballot.
But there's a heavy correlation, and in fact a strong case for causation if reversed.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
not shitty per se but you can smell from miles away the republican stench with some people.

specially on social media, if you see a popular white guy not saying a word about voting in 2020 you can asume they'll vote Trump.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Trump supporter do overlap with shitty person in venn diagrams, but latter do overlap with so many other things as well.