Votes: 296 14.5%
  • A lot

Votes: 895 43.9%

• Total voters

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox consoles have the dumbest names

Should have just gone 1,2,3,4 if Xbox one and Xbox series X are the best they could come up with

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not answering the poll as I've never had the displeasure of hearing someone say that except as a joke when the name was first revealed

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I can't say it in any other way if not SeX. SeX is significantly more easier to read for me than "XSX".

Ps5 is easy to read and pronounce it, just like SeX is. XSX is like a Morse code.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Its utterly immature when people call it that way

But then again, gaming side does have a huge share of bad jokes and unnecessary snark

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say it in any other way if not SeX. SeX is significantly more easier to read for me than "XSX".

Ps5 is easy to read and pronounce it, just like SeX is. XSX is like a Morse code.

Basically this. Try saying "XSX" five times fast. It's a difficult to pronounce, bad name. Like every Xbox other than the original.

Try giving a non-gamer a list of Xbox consoles and ask them which one is the newest.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I refer to it as SeX

tenor.gif

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
I'm glad I've never heard this. Sounds like it would be something that makes you cringe into another dimension.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've always just called them The Xbox, 360 and The One, but I actually like the series abbreviations and look forward to using XSX & XSS when discussing consoles this generation.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
'Series X' is the exact same amount of syllables as 'PS5' and not that difficult to type

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at people who are outright insulted or cringe at it. It's the silliest fucking joke just like the "360 and walk away" line.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always just called them The Xbox, 360 and The One, but I actually like the series abbreviations and look forward to using XSX & XSS when discussing consoles this generation.
I'm surprised there hasn't been much "concern" about the XSS and how, if you try really really hard, it might be sorta kinda close to sounding like the Nazi SS.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I was going to call it the xbox sx but then they started mentioning the series s and that runs that naming conventions cant go xbox ss can we? So that why I shortent to SeX, but only when typing on my phone, when speaking it would just be series X.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
It's called Series X. Saying SeX is okay, that's what I call it. Same as Xbone.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
This isn't Xbox's first rodeo when it comes to sexually-charged console nicknames derived from the console's terrible name (ie. Xbox One -> Xbone). And it survived just fine.

All this discussion trying to shame people from making fun of Xbox Series X (ie. XSeX) is only doing a Streisand effect on how bad the next-gen Xbox branding really is.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It doesn't make me cringe that someone says it, but it makes me cringe that someone actually finds it funny. I don't care if it's used, but if you use it, it tells me a lot about your maturity level and your sense of humor.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
It's not as bad as "snessss" instead of "ess enn e ess", that's for sure.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lot of SeX-negative people here, think I'll use it just to get under their skin.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thats what they get for picking such dumb console names tbh. At least XSeX is more flatering than XBone.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I find I don't get all that fussed either way. We, as in men, have been yukking it up at '69' and 'bone' related nonsense since forever. If MS wants to name their console in a way that can be shortened to sex then that is on them. The Xbox Sex was inevitable. Being cringe at it is denying the all-encompassing juvenile nature of gamers, as in men, since forever.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i like every term that piss off Gamers™, especially when they are "wrong" like SeX and GEoW.