MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I was hoping to buy or preorder something next gen by now: the PS5, Xbox Series X, or RTX 3080. But so far, all three have been experiencing significant shortages.

Anyone have any theories for when these shortages might end? I'm not the kind of person to just be stalking websites hoping to get lucky.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm expecting at least six months. Demand for both systems is high, and then with covid demand for gaming stuff is double high. Shipments of 5-20 consoles per store will sell out super fast for months.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is making a lot of units, so I expect that will be available relatively quickly.

Nvidia I heard is considering sending some of the prototypes out to begin the manufacturing process some time next year. But they are still deliberating.

No idea where MS is at.

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
If it plays out anything like 2013/2014 PS4/Xbox One release, I'd say you'll be lucky to find one before February. These will remain hot items for a while, and supply might catch up to demand around February or March.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I remember getting a Wii off of Ebay 9 months after launch, and that wasn't easy and I'm pretty sure I overpaid just to get it. And that was during a non-holiday, non-pandemic period at the height of an economic cycle. So...outlook not so good?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is why I'm hesitant to cancel my preorder. I'd cancel if I can get a PS5 in March, but there's no guarantee stock will be free flowing by then.