• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Example I moved, recently same state but I don't need to update my license for 4 years soo I'm not gonna go to the DMV and update it. Anything that triggers your voting location update

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
You will have to update your voter registration. Some states allow you to do it online, in others you have to mail in paperwork or visit the office in person.

Last edited:

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I think some places it's easier to just go to the DMV, but in my city I was able to go into an elections office and get it updated...I think I needed a couple pieces of proof that showed my new address and that's it. It was easy. Depends on where you live though.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how it is in other places, but in my state you update your address with the DMV/DLD and then once that goes through you update your voter registration. All of that could be done online and since my license was still years away from needing to be renewed they didn't send a new one just told me to keep using my current one.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
You can do it through the DMV, but you can just go to your local county clerk/elections/voter registration office. Generally speaking, you'll need a few forms of ID. Some states may need more forms of ID than others. Where I live it's like license, birth certificate and proof of residency (i.e. like a bill with your new address on it.) If you don't update it, you won't be on your local precinct's voter rolls.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In MN I actually think there's some kind of hook up with the usps because whenever I change my address on there I get the voter registration info, even with an outdated DL address.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every state is different. Learn about Google sometime.

Also if you do a Change of Address through the USPS they should prompt you to update your voter info.