Mar 26, 2018
It is very high demand as you see in the thread; gaming companies are just clueless as to how many women actually play games. Someone's gonna get rich in this thread if they've got the business knowledge to license and sell gaming clothes for women. Harry Potter, DC/Marvel and Star Wars are everywhere but you never see like kingdom hearts bras or mass effect tank tops.
I agree with you 100 percent, women buy more clothes than men in my mind. I have seen men who do love to shop but when I think of my sister, grandmother, friends you will see a ton of clothes for them and they also buy for their kids. Men, not nearly as much. There are a ton of women gamers too and I have no idea what some places are thinking. Most that I see do go after women though. tanks too.. and I mean look at this beast. Personally, I am more for stuff like this even if I don't love the game.

Listed for women, tanks and long sleeve there.

https://pixelretro.com/products/rise-from-your-grave-blue

Altered_Beast_Blue_Men_in_Black_1024x1024@2x.png

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be a sheep and make your own ! :)

Some Videogames-themed scrap books pages are well worthy of a quality transfer.
That's what i always did anyway, create my own designs... my lil sis loved them as well :)

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Everything in this thread is just terrible...

I think I only ever liked the Titanfall 2 hoodie

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You have to go to E3 for that.

Pwned_by_a_girl_Womens_Dark_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg

e2c2306562c62f0755e11fe0d82afbb9.jpg

They have shirts of similar quality. :P

But yeah, most of the actual good "subtle" video game shirts are just going to be found online, and while they'll have a few female tops, most of the variety will be in the unisex clothing.
I'm not picky with clothes (usually I just take what's cheapest among the comfortable fitting clothes), but this is mighty cringey. Who in their right mind wants to wear such shirts?

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'd highly recommend insert coin. They have a lot of cool stuff.

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com

Yep, Insert Coin for non-tacky / meme free gaming wares. I just grabbed the Jigglypuff this week:

550_2.jpg

Very sad this Bioshock one is out of stock:

611_1.jpg

Their tie ins appear to be the most official of all the gaming lines.

They've also got women's fit as well. I like you can also browse by game too.

422_1.jpg

Last edited:

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
Every piece of clothing posted in this thread looks pretty awful - including the non ironic stuff. Video games and clothes don't go together.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
InsertCoinClothing[.com] if you want some. Its a great site for gamer related stuff, a lot of it is female so there you go! I buy from there too, the material quality is what brings me back.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018

But yeah, most of the actual good "subtle" video game shirts are just going to be found online, and while they'll have a few female tops, most of the variety will be in the unisex clothing.

6040-heathered_gray_nl-md-t-girls-can-be-nerds-too.png

in case you didnt know

yay Gamer Girl shirt thread!
images

images

images

images

images

images

images

last two are bonuses

Burn these with fire

Jerry

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't sure which side this belongs to.

I'm tired of going into "geek/nerd" stores and just finding Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and a shitton of Wonder Woman at the girls' section. Every year it's gonna be the same thing too, because there's always some movie coming out. At department stores you find cool Mario and Zelda graphic tees for guys and little boys, but the only thing women and girls get on theirs is Fanta, #VIBES, and Looney Tunes or something.

Sometimes Forever 21 has game-related t-shirts, like a Mega Man shirt I saw the other day, but 100% of the time they're plain white and never creative. They're framed in this, "remember that game you used to play when you were 6?" way, you know?

Anyway, TLDR; I can't find nice game-related clothes for myself and am jealous that guys always get the coolest stuff.

>Gamer clothes
>Cool

Pick one.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I tried making the worst gamer girl shirt I could think of (Minions is cheating). And I tried Googling every variation of the phrase I could think of, so if I'm the first to unleash this on the world, I'm sorry.
8c0Qi2rh.jpg

Someone call the Geneva Convention. This shit is a human right's violation.

I'll add to the Teefury style site, Teepublic. You can get all designs in multiple men's and women's styles. They are a bit on the pricier side, but I love their sizing chart. It shows you the shirts on actual people with various body types--lists their height and weight for reference.

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
If it is the fit of unisex/men's shirts that bothers you, there are a bunch of guides online for how to modify them for a more comfortable and flattering look for women.
Here's a few: http://tallystreasury.com/category/wearable/t-shirt-modifications/
I know "make your own" (or ask a sewing friend for help) isn't a great answer, and companies should continue trying better to offer variety, but it is another option to consider if you see a design you really enjoy, but it isn't in a preferred fit or style.

Also there are places that let you design and print your own fabric by the yard, which is nice if you want to add a subtly themed accent to something that already works for you. I've made some simple bag liners and coin purses this way, for example.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The top one is interesting commentary because it only reads like an insult if you're misogynistic

The second one is slightly misogynistic itself tho.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Uniqlo when they do collabs but that's about it.

Ambition

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The majority of "Gamer" T-shirts are unisex bruv.
Also gamer clothes isn't cool in the slightest lol

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The OP was not referring to cringeworthy shirts with text jokes on them about "tee hee, I'm a girl!" The OP was referring to, for example, licensed clothing for games.

Most of the joke posts I have never even seen in my life. The closest was maybe when working in retail and little boy graphic tees would say something like "I'd rather play games than do my homework" or whatever.

I've been to a bunch of cons, and they almost always have shirts for men and women, with actual good designs. The crap posted previously are pretty much just memes at this point, and probably aren't even really for sale anymore, anyways.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Some of these clothes makes me cringe. I personally wouldn't ever want to wear gamer clothes. thinkemoji

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
While not gaming. I was very happy to see the amount of Jurassic Park clothing at Hot Topic for women.
There was more there than the Men's stuff which was cool.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
While not gaming. I was very happy to see the amount of Jurassic Park clothing at Hot Topic for women.
There was more there than the Men's stuff which was cool.

I was browsing Hot Topic for JP stuff recently, and yeah it was great to see. Even for little girls I saw things like JP pjs at Target. Still pink and blue and stuff, but nice to see! Growing it, it was just black baggy tshirts/pjs/etc for boys only. Back then, no one thought girls were into boys stuff. The fact that now there is Marvel, Star Wars, and other similar "guy fandoms" for everyone, is really great to see. I think Disney, at least, got it; sell to everyone.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Okay - I'm reallly big on gaming apparel and think there is a huge opportunity for "nice" clothes displaying or inspired by games. Yes, tshirts and other things are relatively unisex, but women's bodies are different and shouldn't be constantly forced into ill-fitting clothes (unless that's the aesthetic - some women ROCK mens-cut clothing). There is a severe need here, but below are some examples I think are great. That being said - I'm a male and can't really say what is "right" or "wrong" for women haha.

Bloomingdales has an AMAZING collection (I spent wayyyy too much money on the men's stuff)

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/search?keyword=nintendo

odIQPee.png

TuAjqTZ.png

(This is a great unisex option)

rdt9D9y.png

Target also has some good women's and unisex choices

https://www.target.com/c/gaming-apparel/-/N-4rr4m

ybHw3Yc.png
iIEFYTM.png
07DRXn9.png

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Glad this thread exists and I also share your frustration. Going into the local department stores around here I see all kinds of game-ish shirts across the aisles in the mens section but nothing ever in the womens sections and I'm not a fan of super heroes so WW doesn't do much for me. I have had quite the bit of luck with Hot Topic though, between in store and online I have so many cute Pokemon t-shirts and a few anime/disney princess tops.

Yeah, you have to go online unfortunately, and they're kind of limited even then. It sucks for me because I'm picky, I don't like to wear T-shirts since they make my boobs look too big. You could hit up Hot Topic or Spenser's, but that's usually a total crapshoot. Etsy is also very good, but you have to wait a long, long time in most cases. I agree they have HP stuff EVERYWHERE. I've got so many gryfndor tops, socks, and pairs of panties that it's nuts. I have no more need for HP or Star Wars apparel thx -_-; Oh! Try Fifth Sun! I have a bunch of stuff from them:

https://www.fifthsun.com/brands/video-games/nintendo#/filter:gender:Womens

https://www.fifthsun.com/womens#/filter:brand:Cuphead

I love some of those things in the first link. Been dying for an animal crossing shirt/top forever now but sadly never seen any of them, and while I'm not the most petite woman ever, I'm slim enough for relaxed fit/unisex shirts look awful on me and are all super boxy and bleh looking. Really seems to be a lack on fitted game tee's unfortunately.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
My first double post. Apologies to the forum and it's readers. I shall sojourn to the naughty stool.

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only thing missing in most shirts people posted is the correct spelling : gamer gurls.

Gamer grill is also acceptable.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a hard time finding all this apparently awesome stuff that is for men-only. It all kinda looks like trash.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I wasn't sure which side this belongs to.

I'm tired of going into "geek/nerd" stores and just finding Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and a shitton of Wonder Woman at the girls' section. Every year it's gonna be the same thing too, because there's always some movie coming out. At department stores you find cool Mario and Zelda graphic tees for guys and little boys, but the only thing women and girls get on theirs is Fanta, #VIBES, and Looney Tunes or something.

Sometimes Forever 21 has game-related t-shirts, like a Mega Man shirt I saw the other day, but 100% of the time they're plain white and never creative. They're framed in this, "remember that game you used to play when you were 6?" way, you know?

Anyway, TLDR; I can't find nice game-related clothes for myself and am jealous that guys always get the coolest stuff.

My wife has this t-shirt, a Skyrim shirt, and an Uncharted 4 shirt.

61a.jpg