Where do you think Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will end?

• Shinra Mansion

Votes: 20 2.9%
  • Nibelheim

Votes: 43 6.2%
  • Temple of the Ancients

Votes: 141 20.3%
  • City of the Ancients

Votes: 215 31.0%
  • North Crater

Votes: 308 44.4%
  • Other option (write which one)

Votes: 18 2.6%

• Total voters

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
If they keep the famous scene from City of the Ancients in the game, is hard for me to believe that they're not gonna end at that point

But I agree that the Northern crater part would be a better point to end the game

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
Here's a wild take: I think it will finish on a completely different point from the original.

The first part was called "Remake" because they were "making" the universe again. Setting the basics of how it operates. The second part is called "Rebirth" because it is giving place to something new.

I think that, now it has been established that the Remake is not following the OG to the letter, the story will start to deviate more and more, and it will reach a point in which it will be a completely different and separate thing. The most obvious thing, IMO, is that Aerith will live. And from then on, everything is fair game.

Yeah, I know that the trailer showed them going through familiar places... But 1. we don't know the context of those scenes and 2. trailers can mislead or outright lie :)

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Idk, they even got PS to tweet about it with emphasis on it being 2 discs. It could absolutely just be one installation disc and one playable disc, but if it is it's nothing to warrant this much focus on it given a lot of games have already done it. We'll have to see I guess.

View: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1666921455685369857?s=20

I think it's more cause this is the first PS5 game to need 2 discs, and each disc holds 100gb instead of 50gb on PS4

Also just a fun callback more than anything

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a wild take: I think it will finish on a completely different point from the original.

The first part was called "Remake" because they were "making" the universe again. Setting the basics of how it operates. The second part is called "Rebirth" because it is giving place to something new.

I think that, now it has been established that the Remake is not following the OG to the letter, the story will start to deviate more and more, and it will reach a point in which it will be a completely different and separate thing. The most obvious thing, IMO, is that Aerith will live. And from then on, everything is fair game.

Yeah, I know that the trailer showed them going through familiar places... But 1. we don't know the context of those scenes and 2. trailers can mislead or outright lie :)
"Yeah, I know that the trailer showed them going through familiar places... But 1. we don't know the context of those scenes and 2. trailers can mislead or outright lie :)"

You have to believe they're lying in interviews as well saying that it's the same path with some curveballs, they've had a consistency for saying that.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I want to say Northern Crater like pretty much everyone else, but it's hard to say how different this is going to be from the original after the Part 1's ending.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It depends how many locations they shuffle around in the order of progression. I have a hard time seeing Rebirth end at Whirlwind Maze even if they move Wutai to part three because nearly all of the remaining locations would have to be in part two. Aside from Mideel and the final dungeon, the rest of the post-Whirlwind Maze story beats all take place in previously visited locations IIRC. That's just so much to stuff into part two, but we'll see. Ending at City of the Ancients would let Square get away with saving a presumed large snow biome zone, Icicle Inn, Great Glacier, Gaea's Cliff and Whirlwind Maze for part three.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
The crazy longshot is that Disc 1 ends at Northern Crater. Disc 2 ends with fighting Diamond Weapon so the third game starts with infiltrating Midgar.

And then the third game goes completely off the rails after that.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
It depends how many locations they shuffle around in the order of progression. I have a hard time seeing Rebirth end at Whirlwind Maze even if they move Wutai to part three because nearly all of the remaining locations would have to be in part two. Aside from Mideel and the final dungeon, the rest of the post-Whirlwind Maze story beats all take place in previously visited locations IIRC. That's just so much to stuff into part two, but we'll see. Ending at City of the Ancients would let Square get away with saving a presumed large snow biome zone, Icicle Inn, Great Glacier, Gaea's Cliff and Whirlwind Maze for part three.

Wutai is DLC

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Well, if it's two discs then I hope Northern Crater.

The world is fucked, Cloud is missing, Sephiroth has 'won', we just lost (or didn't!) a friend, and our group is in prison awaiting execution.

Perfect Empire Strikes Back downer, cliff-hanger ending. They'd be stupid not to end this installment there.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if it's two discs then I hope Northern Crater.

The world is fucked, Cloud is missing, Sephiroth has 'won', we just lost (or didn't!) a friend, and our group is in prison awaiting execution.

Perfect Empire Strikes Back downer, cliff-hanger ending. They'd be stupid not to end this installment there.
I agree but I guess some extra curveball like the party fight brainwashed Cloud in a black materia pocket dimension, or some weird twist in the nature of the remake series, the characters defeat him but he manages to give cocooned Sephiroth the materia.

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
"Yeah, I know that the trailer showed them going through familiar places... But 1. we don't know the context of those scenes and 2. trailers can mislead or outright lie :)"

You have to believe they're lying in interviews as well saying that it's the same path with some curveballs, they've had a consistency for saying that.

No, what I mean is that trailers do not need to represent the final product. What they show in a trailer can be taken at face value to be similar to the OG game, then recontextualized within the new game and be given a new meaning.

The ending of Part 1 was a massive departure from the original plot. Even if they say that they'll show "the same path", how they get there and, more importantly, what they do there can be wildly different, and that doesn't necessarily contradict their statements.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Northern Crater seems like the obvious choice.
The WEAPONS unleashed, Sephiroth escapes, Cloud is lost, Shinra returns in force.

www.youtube.com

[FFVII FMV] The Weapons Get Released

ffvii pc fmv where the weapons get released from the crater on disc 2 i believe? correct me if im wrong. comments welcome. FMV copyright of squaresoft :]
Yeah everything goes to shit. Would make for a good cliffhanger.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I just hope hitting the same beats as the original FF7 is not a huge assumption. We did beat the things that were keeping everything nearly the same as the original in Remake.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Idk, they even got PS to tweet about it with emphasis on it being 2 discs. It could absolutely just be one installation disc and one playable disc, but if it is it's nothing to warrant this much focus on it given a lot of games have already done it. We'll have to see I guess.

View: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1666921455685369857?s=20

It just means its a big game. Remake is one disc on PS5 w/ DLC - this potentially has twice the content etc...

Think we end at Northern Crater - evil Cloud fight with the rest of the party and then Cloud v Sephiroth one on one in the whirlwind maze hallucination invaded by Sephiroth bc I think all games will end with a Sephiroth fight.

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely by the end of Disc 1 of the original game BUT with different twist and cliffhanger.

I don't think it will end by the North Crater because it will be too much.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
It will end with the team joining forces with Squall and Co. as they all prepare to fight the Ultimecia / Jenova fusion.

Oct 28, 2017
Northern Crater makes sense. The last 1/4 of FF7 feels like a different game already. First few couple hours is also a fun romp, you have Tifa going through Cloud's mind while the gang is running around the map (4-6 hours easily). Seeing how the world has now changed with the threats of the Weapons, Shinra going all out and etc. You eventually go underwater with a submarine. So many fun things you can pace throughout the final game.

The final dungeon + fight probably takes a good 5-7 hours. Factoring cutscenes into all this.

Maximilian Dood's idea makes sense where the Knights of the Round becomes canon and mandatory which adds a lot. With the areas/zones mostly developed too you're mostly changing the appearance of areas.

Having said that - it won't end at the proper 1:1 natural end point of the PS1 game. It's too bleak - that's where the fun Nomura plot twist comes in to introduce a bit of hope through Zack.

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
Having said that - it won't end at the proper 1:1 natural end point of the PS1 game. It's too bleak - that's where the fun Nomura plot twist comes in to introduce a bit of hope through Zack.

I've been pretty sour on the seemingly inevitable change to keep Aeris alive because I have always loved the willingness to sacrifice such a pivotal character like that, especially with all of the connotations and reasons why it happened. But, now that you mention the PS1 game's original ending, I have to agree that they're going to want to avoid that solemn turnout and keeping her alive will be integral to that end. Maybe I'll warm up to these changes by the grand conclusion -- and I really did enjoy part 1/Intergrade a ton -- but I was among those vanilla lowbrow clowns who really just wanted a faithful recreation of the same game with modern graphics, sound, and mechanics. Cheers to new experiences.

Also, I'm a bit surprised at how many people think it'll end where Disc 1 did. Part 3 would have to be colossal to cram the rest of the game into one final chapter, or we'd be foregoing a lot of places/events entirely. I agree with the suggestion that the Junon escape would be a perfect tutorial for Part 3, so perhaps my first estimation was a bit hamfisted.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Probably before we set foot on the Northern Continent.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not at the event in City of the Ancients, I expect it to be at the Northern Crater, with the character being frozen in mako not being Sephiroth this time, leaving a huge twist to be resolved for the third game and basically confirming the Rebuild of VII.

Instead of Sephiroth, who we already know that might be the OG one and he's not frozen in the crater, Cloud will find another Aerith, after the RE Aerith follows the fate of the original in City of the Ancients, making the player think that at the end, event won't change, until this reveal

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
If they want it to be three discs, North Crater. End it on
Tifa and Barret waking up in prison, looking outside, and seeing Meteor.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Why make a poll about which will be the end point yet allow multiple answers?

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
wg4KQ7X.png

858829e7-aed0-4c91-a23b-2ec63c72de7b.jpg

Anyway, my pick is City of the Ancients where Aerith will not die. Not yet, at least.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Northern Crater seems like the obvious choice.
The WEAPONS unleashed, Sephiroth escapes, Cloud is lost, Shinra returns in force.

www.youtube.com

[FFVII FMV] The Weapons Get Released

ffvii pc fmv where the weapons get released from the crater on disc 2 i believe? correct me if im wrong. comments welcome. FMV copyright of squaresoft :]
The ultimate cliffhanger ending... I like it.

Hope they do it.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting it to go off the rails 20 hours in and essentially stop pretending to be a remake.

Maybe it'll end in Spira, for all I know.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
Anything before Northern Crater leaves too much left for the final game, but at the same time, Midgar-Northern Crater is literally 80% of the entire game's areas and assets. So. I have no fuckin clue. If I was doing it I'd probably cut heavily, skip Mt. Corel, Rocket Town, Gongaga, skip Gold Saucer and put all the focus on Wutai, Cosmo Canyon and Nibelheim. But what they've showed so far has been pretty commited to including all the areas on the initial journey outside of Midgar so unless this is the longest game in the universe I don't think they can realistically push it past Nibelheim.

I guess ultimately, who knows. I don't have a good prediction. I hope they radically change the structure now that they don't have to follow the original and questions like this won't matter so much but they keep coming out in every interview and saying no no we're not cutting anything so, who cay say. Genuinely impossible to predict lmao this project is crazy.

You are describing my ultimate nightmare scenario by stating you would skip iconic locations like Gold Saucer and Rocket Town. It gives me shivers imagining not getting Gold Saucer..

I already know the plot has gone and will go crazy and am also thinking they are about to keep Aerith alive. Not a fan of that at all if they go for that choice..matter of fact...I would hate that.

BUT..as long as all the iconic locations are in, look amazing atmosphere wise, explorable, with beautiful renditions of the classic songs..I will be happy.