ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica and 0 are the only ones in dire need of modernization, total slogs to get through. Code Veronica more so.

I have a feeling they'll do RE4 too, but I also have a feeling a remake just wouldn't live up to it, the sum of RE4's parts mesh together in perfect harmony. The best case scenario would probably be remastering it in next-gen assets.. which I would be completely fine with.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't mind a modern remake of 4 that is a bit more grounded, we'll always have the original and it's 1000 ports, a fresh take will probably never the heights of re4, but nothing ever will. They're definitely doing 4 though, it's easy money for them

RECV I never really liked, so I personally don't have any real nostalgia for it, but they can only make it better I guess, still I'd hope they'd just move onto mainline re games and side stories after 4.

Ab4dd0n

Oct 25, 2017
ELcurgNW4AAqWpk
ELcurgNXkAELajS

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
The only one that needs it is Code Veronica, and I don't think Capcom will bother with how lukewarm people are on that one. None of the others need full fledged remakes so RE3 will probably be the end of the line.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Re
Well I don't need remakes if they make good NEW games, but if the remakes are 10x better than games like RE5 and RE6 then I take Remakes any day of the week. If it is up to me they can remake 4,5,6, Code Veronica X, 1 (which also has been remade) and 0 aswell, but I would prefer a TRUE NEW Resident Evil 8 which is in quality as good as RE2 Remake or better (with some tiny adjustments).

I know ERA loves RE4 unreasonably much, but it is definitely the one I would most love to see a Remake of, because I think the controls are clunky and the graphics aren't that great. I have an easier time playing the Playstation 1 RE1,2,3 games than I have playing 4.

The Revelations and 7 obviously don't need a remake because they are still decently new and are okay games on their own. As far as 5 and 6 go they may just as well not exist for me.
I don't see how Capcom doesn't remake 4.
Some will get mad about it, but there is too much money on the table for that one. RE4, is the GTA of Capcom. It's impossible to not buy it over, and over. 😋

CV
RE4
RE1
RE0

Are at the top of my list after 3.
7, and the Revs games don't need it imo.

I'm going to need some convincing, and retconning with 5, and 6

Oct 25, 2017
CVX has the most to gain from a REmake. take all the good ideas, jettison all the bad and maybe make the story tie better into the fall of Umbrella. Also bring back RE2's Claire voice actress as she is brilliant.

I'd be okay with an RE4 REmake. It's showing it's age now as could use a new coat of paint. Plus maybe they could make the castle portion of the game...good?

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
I think CV should be the last remake. If any.

4 still holds up pretty well IMHO. I don't think it needs a remake. But ain't complaining if they are going to do it

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they take a break with 3 and do some new projects or Dino Crisis.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
CV should be remade but only acknowledging that it was mediocre and being a genuine attempt to improve it on every level. It needs to show zero respect for the source material beyond its protagonists and core premise. So for all intents and purposes, it would basically be a new game.

After that, I would love for 4 to recieve something akin to the Anniversary treatment Halo 2 got, as you can't iterate on perfection.

Regardless, I'm fine as long as they're good. Going too far into remaking everything may make things a tad played out or to feel unnecessary, but as long as they're good and appropiately distinctive, I'm ok with them just remaking things, they can keep going. More quality RE is a good thing, remakes or not.

Lost Knight

Mar 17, 2019
West Virginia
Not sure what we would benefit from an RE4 remake, aside from some graphical upgrades, the game is just perfect as it is. RE2 and RE3 needed to be overhauled for today's standards.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Stop at CV for current/coming platforms (crossgen). Save RE4 for the next next gen leap.

If they want another remake before that just do RE1 again in the 2/3 style. Or throw in something else like Dino Crisis.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
RE4 seems like a logical stopping point. The remakes are making them play like RE 4 so that remake seems redundant.

But Capcom won't stop. Make no mistake. They smell the money. Its gonna happen.

So the real question is... should they reboot Resident Evil 5 and 6 to bring them back to their horror roots...?

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Why are you guys so mean to RE0.

It's Rebecca's adventure :(

I want a remake of that

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's funny how they keep talking about RE5 like it's bad or the black sheep, yet it's the most sold Resident Evil title, not because it was a sequel to 4, because it keeps selling even nowadays.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Remake Code Veronica for sure.

Remake Outbreak

Dunno bout zero.

No point or demand to remake 4 and beyond since people are buying it again already every gen.

Jun 4, 2018
There is plenty to be remade! I thought it was interesting that they mentioned a remake of REmake, but these folks do a great job, so I can see it... I think the next will be Code Veronica. RE4 is so universally-beloved, I think they're gonna allow for some time for that one.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Outbreak getting remakes (or another sequel with a new set of victims!) is pretty much all I want. Resistance seems to be somewhat a prep for that, so I can only hope for the best.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
0 and CV are great you jerk 🤬

CV and REmake are good candidates for a reimagining.

Problem with RE4 is that its MASSIVE but if they get around it i wouldn't complain ,4 alone is bigger than RE2+3 combined

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd take a remake of REmake. Keep it within the original trilogy. I thought Veronica through to 6 were either lacklustre or didn't feel like resident evil.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
After 4. But I doubt they do 4.

Remaking 4 at a high enough quality seems impossible to me.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I love Zero but i don't see them making a REmake, its remaster still holds up extremely well and its quite lovely and recent,plus some people dont like it for some reason

RE1 however needs an update, the remaster was ass and it needs new cutscenes

Coolsambob

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love them all to be in the same style. 7 seems like a reboot of the series, so would be cool to have 0 - 6.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
RE3 should be the last one imo. All the mainline PS1 games have been redone, no need to redo the PS2/GC stuff as that still holds up.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
RE4. Both CVX and Zero have serious aspects that don´t work on both the gameplay and story fronts due to a messy development cycle. RE4 is perfect as is and stayed that. Something something REmake 6. But don´t do that though.

I actually don´t mind a REmake remake either if it´s as different as the other 3 remakes are. It will turn 20 in 2022, which is long enough to touch it again. I always thought that this would be a good way to reboot too but RE really fixed itself in all aspects with it´s soft-reboot in 2017 so keep the canon going I say.
Just stick to your face and voice actors for one Capcom. Looking at all the people who voiced, mo-capped, mo-capped the stunts and leant their faces to Chris alone is nightmarish.

And Remake Outbreak as fast as you can Capcom. You came a decade too early and on the wrong console but it´s high time now.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Probably RE4. I don't feel like any gen 7 game should ever be remade unless it was on the Wii. Most of those games hold up pretty well.