• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Did he? I can't remember Itsuno himself ever stating DMC2 was far off in the future. Even then, it would have been something said a long time ago. Him saying heaven not existing was something he said in an interview done by Capcom themselves when promoting DMC4SE. At any rate it was never a terribly important detail. Heaven existing however would be a massive paradigm shift, and a way bigger development than anything DMC2-related.

A lot of people assumed that heaven is a thing in the DMC universe until Itsuno said otherwise.

That's the thing, though. Expect from Heaven. They expect it because they're thinking in terms of a Judeo-Christian framework. Remove that and it stops being "heaven" and instead something abstract and demon.

As for demonic angels, Bayonetta already does something like that.
DMC2's placement in the series timeline was set in the far future during the promotion for DMC4. This was the series canon until a few months ago.

The "Demon World" of DMC is also known as the Hell, the Underworld, Netherworld, and, Dark World, and Demon Kingdom, but is an apparent yet distinct allegory for Judeo-Christian Hell, and a 'Divine World' could be a distinct yet apparent allegory for a polar opposite. There are already Divinity Statues and Holy Water in this series, so I think expanding upon the nature of those particular elements would be a boon for the series.

An unprecedented imbalance of power in the 'Divine World' could be whipped up by any plot author to explain its emergence in the series, and should truly have no bearing or even tonal shift on the game.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either a reboot/soft reboot or just a sequel to DmC. Like, I might even play a sequel to 5, but I have no hope in it ever having an interesting story, especially after 5.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
Said superfluous style exhibitions are at the core of DMC's design. Remove that and it stops being DMC.

I didn't say remove it. The appeal of jump cancelling my way to SSS against helpless enemies by showing off how many moves I've remembered for my extensive collection of weapons is wearing thin these days, though.

By all means keep the style system. You're right, it wouldn't be DMC without it. But a return to a smaller and more relevant moveset in line with DMC1, with highly aggressive enemies to match, would be refreshing and welcome at this point.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I don't buy it. The Order of the Sword, while being a demon worshiping cult, went out of their way to disguise their demon-powered constructs as angels. They wouldn't try to disguise demons as something else if people knew that the only supernatural force was demonic in nature. I think that's as much of a confirmation that there's a Heaven somewhere in the DMC universe we could get.
The current world of DMC (with Itsuno) is without heaven , there are churches,'angels' (but they are demons in disguise) , etc but its a war between humans and demons, or demons and demons.
There is the chance they introduce proper angels later, but it would be a retcon because it isn't like the Bayonetta or DmC worlds.

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Nero needs his own rival.

Someone completely new-not in any way related to any existing character. And that has to be the main conflict, Dante is not involved at all.

Otherwise it still feels hes coasting on Dante's coattails.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
weird seeing a bunch of comments essentially going "Take out the fun and make it dark and gritty"...

Reminds me of this IGN Preview for Kingdom Hearts i read years ago when they said they wanted the franchise to drop the Friendship stuff and focus more on how evil and dark the organization 13 could be...

Like... what?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC6 needs Dante and Vergil to get sidelined for a game. *they can pop up in dlc or bloody palace*

Let Nero grow into his devil powers towards mastery, Give Nero at least 1 extra melee weapon (Spear) and gun (Assault rifle), give him a rival and high level challenge to overcome.

Then bring back and completely wrap up Dante and Vergil in DMC7 *deaths or other things*

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Somewhere that doesn't have grotty demonic intestine tunnels.

The DMCV team clearly had the chops to make really nice looking environments, and yet, the latter half of the game.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
LOL at people saying Dante has nothing to do and has no purpose. Such a lazy excuse. The writers would give him something to do. I need Dante his is the best character and the face of the series. Dante, Nero and Vergil should take on whatever creates demons in the first place. Hell make Sparda the ultimate boss for some reason. We never see him or seen him die. Do we even know he is 100% dead. He could be somewhere. Just give me any excuse for more Dante hijinx. The character is too fun.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Just keep it above ground, too much time not above ground for my liking, environmenta became too samey.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play Vergil in a main story line capacity. Vergil, Lady, Nero and Lucia go rescue Dante. And Patty helps or something.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
When are we going to get a co-op character action explosionfest that will have Dante and Vergil fighting out of the underworld together? That is what we deserve.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DMC6: Buddy Cop Game with Dante and Vergil stopping a corrupt Nero (his devil trigger lines after you do new game plus show he's going about this power thing way to much and Nico's reports indicate he's obsessing over arms and power)

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
Loving DMC5, but I'd like for them to evolve the enter area, magic whatever blocks the arena, and you have to kill everything to pass through level structure. Also wouldn't mind they evolve the combat to make more use of level design than all your moves being based around flat arena spaces with in-air juggling.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no need to reinvent the wheel, just make another big bad appear and dante,virgiland nero try to stop it

oh also make all three characters selectable from the start and not tied to levels

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'ma say space, and since people are saying heaven doesn't exist in DMC5, heaven is in space so thats why nobodys found it yet

and also Bayonetta is there

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
Two Millennia later.

Cyberpunk.

Red Grave City is now a haven for demons who simply want to live alongside humans peacefully. Humanity themselves are all mixed with demonic blood. Some have the ability to Devil Trigger, others do not. But they can all say they have demonic blood within them.

A descendant of Dante runs a lone wolf operation smuggling things to and from the Demon World and the Human World thanks to the Yamato. An expert in all types of weapons and magic, this descendant hears rumors of the demon king Mundus' return. And apparently, he has been asking about a certain Devil Hunter from long ago's descendant. But they are just rumors.

...Right?

Sorry if that got too dramatic lol

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Lady Doesn't Cry!

Or like, some kind of anthology title, with Lady, Trish, and the rest of the crew in-between the world ending missions, where they just go to exotic locales and beat up demons who are trying to take over a mansion, or a graveyard, etc.

Basically a jet-setting adventure that's more about variety (via short, individual campaigns) than a narrative that builds to an all-encompassing end. Lady meets another badass human that reminds her of herself in DMC3 and mentors them, Trish is a model that has to solve all the problems surrounding her exotic set, Nero and Kyrie are on their honeymoon but demons keep invading and Nero looks like a bad husband because he keeps standing her up and ducking out without raising alarm, etc.

The short, fun interactions are DMCs strength and I'd love a game that's purely built around them.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Sparda Family bonding in hell.
They could also introduce heaven and angels as the new big bads.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Two Millennia later.

Cyberpunk.

Red Grave City is now a haven for demons who simply want to live alongside humans peacefully. Humanity themselves are all mixed with demonic blood. Some have the ability to Devil Trigger, others do not. But they can all say they have demonic blood within them.

A descendant of Dante runs a lone wolf operation smuggling things to and from the Demon World and the Human World thanks to the Yamato. An expert in all types of weapons and magic, this descendant hears rumors of the demon king Mundus' return. And apparently, he has been asking about a certain Devil Hunter from long ago's descendant. But they are just rumors.

...Right?

Sorry if that got too dramatic lol

I like this fanfic. I'm in.

Oct 27, 2017
The series needs to get away from the way they've going in 4 and 5. Where you're moving forward through distinct areas that don't really feel connected. Just a loose collection of levels. Give me a single distinct and unique location with varied but cohesive subareas that the game explores and picks apart. Go back to the Resident Evil inspired roots. We're almost there.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
New protag where you are literally the antagonist (not being coy like V), and Nero is trying to stop you. You switch back and forth between the two/you have two different runs like RE2.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I really want to see DMC1, 2, and 3 to be remade from the ground up.

They haven't aged well graphically and 2 needs to be redeemed.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
  • Single character (preferably Dante) with an A-Z story (instead of this jumping around bullshit).
  • More moves for each weapon instead of more weapons.
  • Make the characters interact with the world better, atm almost everything in the world that cannot be interacted with has this invisible wall feeling where your character just slides off it, feels weird and cheap.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Sequel-prequel. Hear me out.

Two stories that play into each other, one in the past and one in the present.

The present is Nero dealing with whatever, maybe some ancient rival of Sparda coming for the bloodline.

The past is the story of Sparda, with Sparda as a playable character. He could have a movset similar to Dante, but still unique to himself.

Both stories would work together to tell a cohesive narrative, WITHOUT timey wimey shenanigans. Just Sparda and his grandson picking up the pieces years later.

Dante and Vergil can be in or out. I'd prefer them to be non-playable (at least in the main narrative) but I do want to see more of them interacting with Nero, especially Vergil.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Full open world as Nero the defender of the human world. Should be like Spider-man where Nero is basically a superhero going around saving people and combat encounters are instanced.

No Dante, no Vergil. Kyrie reappears as a robot wife while transforms into a plane, bike, or speedboat.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Honestly don't care what direction it goes, I trust it to be rad no matter what.

Just keep the cheese and the combo fuckery and I'm good. Nero is rad, Dante is rad, Vergil is rad, even V's gameplay was rad and I wouldn't mind seeing a refined version of it show up again.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
No tree, slime, or alien looking levels. Bring back the Gothic architecture from dmc 1.

Pick one character and focus gameplay on that character. Have a different available after complefing the game.

Open up the levels a bit like souls games but keep tight, no open world crap.

More iconic bosses, dmc5 bosses were kinda lame other than vergil and the first boss.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Have this in Dmc 6

A portal opens up and Guildenstern from onimusha starts causing havoc.

And Nero can have a rivalry with Gogadantes