• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
the leaks killed the hype. so glad they came out tbh so i didn't waste my money on it.

if i ever do play it then it'll be when it's on sale for like <£10 (if it doesn't hit this price then i guess i'll never play it...) AND only if i'm really bored and having nothing else to play.

i loved the first game but this looks absolute rubbish.

nobody is doubting it will sell well....
How was the gameplay? Appears that you've already played or seen most of the game.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Be interesting to see how the general tone changes when 9s and 10s start pouring in.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I'm even more hyped now than I was before the leaks tbh.

Also the gameplay footage looks awesome, can't wait to play. I'm excited to see how the AI enemies are and if they're as smart as claimed.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
TLOU is in my top 10 of all time, and I was super hyped for the sequel. But this whole leak thing has absolutely killed my hype. I have no idea what the spoilers are, but based on the reactions it looks like it's really divisive, which is unfortunate. I've decided I'm just going to pass on this, and replay the original.
I'd at least wait till reviews before such a decision. Impressions of out of context spoilers aren't exactly indicative of a video game.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my most anticipated game this year but I'm not touching anything related to it before it releases.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Aside from the malcontents screaming about the game, the interest does seem to be kind of...flat. The stories I write about the game don't get the kind of traffic you would expect from a AAA Sony exclusive (games like God of War, Death Stranding, and Horizon Zero Dawn generated a lot more traffic). This was the case even before the leaks, so I don't think it's a case of people avoiding spoilers.

I dunno -- I think the game has just been in development so long and delayed so many times that it's kind of missed its hype peak. People can only anticipate something for so long before they move onto the next shiny thing.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to play it but I'm ignoring all threads about the game just as a precaution lol. On twitter I've silenced every word related to the game. I'm also ignoring this thread from now on. Sorry and best of luck with the wait y'all! I don't even want to read people's reactions to the spoilers.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
I was hyped before, voluntarily spoiled myself, and I'm even more hyped.

But then again I may be one of the few who understand that 33 minutes of largely incomplete cutscenes aren't representative of how good or bad the game is, especially when it's presumably gonna be 25 to 30 or more hours long.

And TLOU2 is ranking pretty damn well on Amazon, including the special editions. The anti-SJW brigade's boycott seems to be working lmao NOT.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
TLOU is in my top 10 of all time, and I was super hyped for the sequel. But this whole leak thing has absolutely killed my hype. I have no idea what the spoilers are, but based on the reactions it looks like it's really divisive, which is unfortunate. I've decided I'm just going to pass on this, and replay the original.

Wait you're saying you're not getting the game simply because of the reactions to the leaks ?

This is ridiculous.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm mad excited and doing my best to stay away from everything that could possibly leak it, I saw one comment on a summer game fest video and I dont know if it was a spoiler or jus t a random off hand comment someone said just to rile people up even though its made up but I was pissed and now will be thinking about the entire time.

The game will probably have a 92 meta and sell 10 to 14 million copies don't worry about buzz. Not everything needs to be "the most liked gaming tweet" of all time or the "most liked logo on the internet. The game will be awesome and people will overall enjoy it and if they dont who gives AF.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to avoid as much spoilers as possible. The buzz will come after release.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I ignore all TLOU2 threads to avoid spoilers, as I missed the first round, and I am going to do the same with this one.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I felt The Last of Us was a great singular title, but was never interested in a "The Last of Us" franchise. I'm sure it will be a great game, but I find the gritty end of the world setting boring now.

It will no doubt sell incredibly well, but everything around it just screams boring to me. Which sucks, because I really enjoyed the first one.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
I read the leaks and it went from a game I was kinda excited for to one I'm super hyped for. There just aren't many discussions because people are worried about spoilers

Oct 25, 2017
I think most fans will hate the game.

I'm still so baffled what the spoilers could be that would make fans of the original feel that way. I don't know the spoilers and don't want to know but I'm really curious, because it seems like it riled up a lot anti "SJW" types on youtube but there are plenty of people here who say they're not interested either after the leaks.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I imagine it's because you've either read the leaks and hate them, or read the leaks and loved them but can't really discuss the game with anyone anymore, or haven't read the leaks and are worried that entering TLOU discussions will accidentally get you spoiled.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine skipping probably one of the best game this gen because you saw some shit online. Their loss i guess, but i bet 90% of them will be there day 1 after the reviews...

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It will almost certainly sell very well.

It will almost certainly be a very good game.

I will almost certainly pick it up at launch but I'd be lying if I said I'm excited at all for it right now.

I've never wanted a sequel to TLOU, particularly so with the same characters. And with the world in its even more fucked up than normal state, adding on to the everyday misery that is my life, I've got zero excitement for something so bleak looking.

Maybe that will change in a few weeks, who knows.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Count me in among people avoiding spoilers. Based on the warnings here I haven't even been clicking Naughty Dog tweets let alone joining in discussions. No YouTube, no anything. Even this thread I'm just replying to the OP right now after skimming through, just in case.

I imagine it's the same for many. But I'm still hyped, can't fucking wait to play it.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I'm even scared while browsing this thread, I noticed at least 2 resetera members gets banned because they were intentionally spoiling the game, thankfully mods are very fast.

Oct 25, 2017

You need to learn to think for yourself.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017

Why is being divisive unfortunate? Means you'll either love it or hate it, what if you love it?

Shit that isn't at least somewhat divisive is usually safe and boring. I'd rather a bunch of people be pissed off if it means the end product is more interesting.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want to see more gameplay to see if it's still on the same level as the e3 demo. At the same time I also don't want to see anything of the game anymore with all those spoilers out there.

With the leaks and the discussion surrounding them there's also that annoyance that I'll inevitably be thinking about what got people so mad while playing the game, distracting from the game itself, but I guess that's my own problem.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I instantly put every thead with TLoU Pt.II on ignore because of possible arseholes with spoilers.....this is the first one I've posted in since the spoiler incident,this one is going on ignore now too,no offence OP.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
There's like two or three threads about TLOU which almost never leaves the main page; it is frequently in the top selling games on Amazon and other places online; each trailer put out racks up millions of views; a PS4 pro TLOU console is being released; the game frequently trends on social media—I'd say there's some "buzz".

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Didn't like the original game.

The second teaser trailer for this game (2017) made it look a lot more interesting. Watching more recent official gameplay videos, however, makes it apparent that the gameplay is very similar to the first so I'm going to skip it.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
it got delayed and then leaked.

not to mention im sure they were planning a bit more of a marketing push for it which got cancelled/changed.

still looking forward to it, but personally less so

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
the leaks killed the hype. so glad they came out tbh so i didn't waste my money on it.

if i ever do play it then it'll be when it's on sale for like <£10 (if it doesn't hit this price then i guess i'll never play it...) AND only if i'm really bored and having nothing else to play.

i loved the first game but this looks absolute rubbish.

nobody is doubting it will sell well....

So radical wow!

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Leaks + Ghost of Tsushima completely replaced any hype I had for TLoU2. I also don't have this deep attachment for the first one many have. TLoU is just not an interesting franchise to me anymore.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
On a side note, who ever spoils the game for me before I can play it will be found and unspeakable things will be done to his bottom parts!!! :D

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
When even this placed had people casually spoiling the game, I've been avoiding almost any thread or conversation based on the it.