Oct 28, 2017
So the switch is a pretty cool console with some unique features it's rivals don't have.

Such as detachable controllers, handheld mode, games on cartridges, HD rumble, a small footprint, and so on.

Out of everything the switch has, which part would you like to see possibly included as a design feature on the eventual PS5 and Xbox Two?

Or would you rather they take nothing from switch and go their own route?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Switch, but I also appreciate what Sony and MS bring to the table currently, so I'd be fine with them continuing down that path.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I like what they are doing now. Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch, but I also love playing a game on my TV while sitting on my couch marveling over the 4K graphics in front of me.

nycgamer4ever

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who likes some Nintendo games but don't love them If all three consoles were very similar I wouldnt have a real need for the Switch. I bought it simply because of the uniqueness of the console/handheld. I will still appreciate what the other consoles are known for so I'm fine with the consoles occupying their own space.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Nothing. Even when i have disliked their approach, i have always liked Nintendo doing their own thing. On the reverse, i've always hated when the other two tried to copy them(playstation all stars, move, kinect, six axis ect)

So as far as im concerned, they can stay as far away as possible from each other.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to turn into a Switch hate thread isn't it.

That said, I don't really want them to do anything. Sony and MS typically don't do well when they copy Nintendo.

Last edited:

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
They only thing that needs copying is the gaming on the go. And that is a highly doubtful prospect.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The simple and quick os. The fact that the switch takes seconds to go from standby to gaming is phenomenal.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really. I'm fine with Sony and Microsoft putting out solid no frills hardware and leaving the gimmicks to Nintendo.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Portabiltiy. Halo/Forza on the go would be killer.

Split controllers would also be great

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely nothing (and the same applies vice versa). But if I had to answer, I'd go with split controllers as well.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
honestly... the portability I guess? Switch needs the most help of the big 2. Like a actual online infrastructure.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
This is going to turn into a Switch hate thread isn't it

Not if you abstain from raising the point!

To the OP: Nothing, really. All three players have their own strengths and particularities, and all bring something, if not totally separate, at least different enough to justify them holding to their respective paradigms...For now, at least...

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a detachable Dual shock but idk. I'd rather Sony make a tablet PS4. 7nm should get it down to the 15-30W range depending what energy they can save by swapping HDD for flash memory, no disc drive, etc. idk if it's possible. I'd imagine it'd be a 10 inch tablet (foldable please!) that comes with a standard dual shock 4

In a perfect world of course

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
I like the thing Nintendo does where it tells you how long you have been playing a game

Oct 27, 2017
Would cartridges be an offensive answer?

I don't like CD's.
Carts add too much to cost. Devs already charge more on Switch coz they have to. Console games are getting into 80-100GBs with 4K so unless 128GB cartridges suddenly become $1 to make, this is likely a decade away.

A cheaper solution is UHD BluRay (100GB) or Blu Ray XL (up to 128GB) discs next gen.

Is there a 32GB Switch retail game? Maybe Dragon Quest Heroes?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The 40 hour battery life on the pro controller, the instant play feature (forgot what its called, you dont have to quit the game you can just turn the system off), and telling you how many hours into a game you are.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Super friendly regions switching digital store.

Xbox people probably would also like the ability to post screenshot on Twitter

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Well I want Sony to apply the Switch modularity concept to their vr not their main console.

I want ms to embrace even more their niche in pc. If they released a console that matches the ps5 and a cheaper low end machine that is mildly better than a switch docked with 60% of the price the console space would be in a good place.