• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
New 2012 Ford Focus.

They rushed out a new transmission that their own engineers had said was not roadworthy. Whole car would shudder and groan to shift out of first (sometimes second) gear. Ford told their dealers to explain it to customers as a normal feature, not to worry.

Then the transmission just dies.

Fuck Ford, never again.

I had a Samsung laptop fully die within days of purchase. But they're not on my shit list yet.

Razer. I got a new mouse a couple years back, was broken out of the box. The LED in the replacement had since stopped working correctly. Mouse still does mouse things, though.

I also dislike Apple, but not because of anything physically breaking. I just find their whole user experience frustrating. Just yesterday, using my wife's Apple TV, simply browsing for a movie to watch was fucking dumb as they seemed to be in random order and I could not find a search function, or more than two genre categories. Then, subtitles were on by default for some reason and finding the correct option to turn them off, even finding tips online, was a fucking struggle.

Jul 1, 2020
Razer. I had a mouse from them that failed and had to be replaced under warranty but then failed again just beyond the warranty period. I'm also wary of buying any more Vizio products due to an issue with my TV where a third to half of the screen will randomly dim when using HDR. Vizio does not service any of their products beyond their warranty period.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Acer - I work for a school district and had to deal with so many shit Acer products over the years. Hundreds of Acer Chromebooks that were treated like shit by kids and literally fell apart from the inside. Monitors that would burn out and die within a year. Laptops that barely work and have more driver issues than I've ever seen on any computer before. I will never buy an Acer product for myself or ever recommend them to anyone.

Deleted member 15311

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Renault. When I met my wife, she had a Renault Clio, and it is unambiguously the worst and least reliable car I've ever had the displeasure of driving.

In the space of two years, the suspension had to be completely rebuilt, one of the wing mirrors just fell off on the motorway, two pieces of trim came loose when I washing it, the transmission failed TWICE, and a few other things I forget. This was not an old car; she bought it new, and it had only done about 15k miles.

It was an awful, awful vehicle, and I'll never go near a Renault again as a result. I feel bad for the garage we sold it to, and the person or scrapyard they passed it on to afterwards.

EDIT: Also Samsung. I've owned two Samsung TVs and one monitor in my lifetime, and they all broke after a couple of years. The PSU failed on both TVs, and the monitor just quit turning on one day, so I didn't even bother trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I'll never buy another Samsung product.
Nah not my experience at all with the Megane. In fact as of now they might have the most reliable engine on the market below 2.0 cc. You just had a lemon. It is the go to car for companies around here, dozens and dozens of them and not too many problems. In cars i will never go near an Opel again, holly shit, money drain alert. Worse is not anedoctal, those are chronic problems they refuse to adress.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Tweaked Audio earbuds are not very good. They sponsor a shitload of podcasts, so I tried them a few times. The first pair I got sounded fine and lasted about a year, which was honestly okay. Most of my earbuds last about a year. Got a second pair which sounded a little fuzzy and lasted only a few months. Got a replacement from their warranty, and those also failed pretty fast.

Now i use Apple earbuds. Those things are tanks.

Work related products, Meech make static meters that feel and look like fucking toys. Once a year I get a phone call from a Meech rep asking me if i want to see their new products, and every year I tell him no. Simco stuff is the goddamn bomb and they got me for good. Even if keyence has that "smart bar" shit going on, which honestly I think is half bullshit but my boss thinks its magic so...

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
I'm not fond of Apple products due to how they price their products and make it to where you pretty much need to buy the new shiny thing as soon as it comes out. I don't appreciate that they slow down the old phones to make you buy the new one. I also think the company is trash and will do whatever they can to avoid paying taxes.

I have a preference for Skullcandy products. Their headphones are excellent quality, last a while, and the customer service is terrific.

On the video game side, I'll buy anything developed by From Soft and Ryu Ga Gotoku.

Ever since working at Best Buy, I refuse to buy HP products. The build quality is horrendous and I don't like that they reuse old internal components on NEW devices.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Google products. The Google Pixel phones in particular. I've seen multiple people have the batteries die after 2 year mark just like I did. Never trusting them again.

Also the 2012 Nexus 7 I had sucked as well. A flaw in the flash memory caused it to get slower and slower over time. Made 2010 android phones faster than it at web browsing after the year and half mark which made no sense. That may be ASUS's fault though since they did the hardware, but I guess that depends who picked the supplier for the memory.

Apple computer's are iffy. Have the 2009/10 iMac with a 100% faulty GPU that fails over time. In fact there's a whole dedicated thread on MacRumors that's got thousands of posts with devs making firmware for certain GPUs that are deemed compatible. I baked the GPU a few months ago and it's working ok yet, the iMac has got something else wrong now though which I haven't figured out.

Butterfly keyboard. My mom constantly has problems with keys getting stuck on her 2018 MBA. Sucks.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Nah not my experience at all with the Megane. In fact as of now they might have the most reliable engine on the market below 2.0 cc. You just had a lemon. It is the go to car for companies around here, dozens and dozens of them and not too many problems. In cars i will never go near an Opel again, holly shit, money drain alert. Worse is not anedoctal, those are chronic problems they refuse to adress.
To be fair, my sister and her wife had a Megane for years, and that thing was bulletproof. But even though I know that that particular Clio was just a cursed car, the experience completely soured me on the brand as a whole. It's irrational, but that's how these things go sometimes.

Google products. The Google Pixel phones in particular. I've seen multiple people have the batteries die after 2 year mark just like I did. Never trusting them again.

Also the 2012 Nexus 7 I had sucked as well. A flaw in the flash memory caused it to get slower and slower over time. Made 2010 android phones faster than it at web browsing after the year and half mark which made no sense. That may be ASUS's fault though since they did the hardware, but I guess that depends who picked the supplier for the memory.
This is one area that I've only just learnt my lesson on. I've owned a Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 5X and now a Pixel 2XL, and they've all developed hardware problems way before the end of their useful lifespans. The Nexus 4 power button broke; the Nexus 5 power button broke, but by that time the battery had also shrunk to about 1/3 of its starting capacity; the 5X did ok until the charging port stopped working; the Pixel 2XL had been going strong until last month when... you guessed it, the power button broke.

As a Mac user, I've always had to find reasons not to get an iPhone (I had them before I switched to Android) and I've run out of those reasons now. If the Pixel 2XL gives up the ghost completely next year, I'l be getting an iPhone.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I had a C230 Kompressor coupe during the Daimler-Chrysler era, and it had such shoddy build quality. I was showing off the sunroof to my friend, and it just broke. Brand new car, and the fucking rail holding the cover just snapped, leaving the cover to hang down into the cabin. Then at 55k miles, an engine valve burnt out. Then at 80k, the transmission sludged up, and that was it for the car. "Daimler-Crisis."

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Mini. Their cars are a joy to drive, but they need maintenance far too often and just about everything with them costs a fortune. Mine was in the shop nearly every other month before I sold it, and a friend's recently died on him.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Google.

Never gonna use another google phone, even if someone gave it to me for free.

Even their new software offerings I am not willing to try anymore.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I've more-or-less had issues with almost all the big brand electronics I have in my house - Apple, Roku, Nintendo, Dell, etc. Nothing major but annoying nonethless.

Honestly, the best luck I've had in the last decade is with the TVs I have. Both the Samsung and Vizio TVs in my house have been stellar without an issues at all.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't appreciate that they slow down the old phones to make you buy the new one.
Don't want to derail, but that's a myth an not accurate.

One of the reason that they have the fastest chip in the industry is for future proofing so that your device will still be able to run iOS 18 in 5 years. If you're referring to the battery management thing, they do underclock the CPU when the battery gets old to prevent random phone shutdown. You just have to replace your battery and your phone is as good as new. The phones now tells you when that happens.

You can keep an Apple device for very long and it'll still be able to perform well. I have a 7 years old MacBook Air that is still faster hold a better battery charge than my GFs Lenovo laptop from 3 years ago. Yes they are more expensive, but they last longer.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never trust Sony with credit card details again or user account systems. The big PSN/Sony customer data hack of ~10 years ago soiled me there, but then just the 2 or 3 years of not resolving it really turned me off from ever trusting them with any customer data.

I got PSN for a few months with the PS4, but just used subscription cards I bought on Amazon because even 10+ years later, I didn't trust them with customer information.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck NISSAN.

2010 Nissan Cube

The transmission was changed May 2014. First they tried some valve or what not, but then ended up changing the whole thing. Under warranty.

Around 98,000 miles (late January early February 2015) it did that familiar 'surging' thing again. I was scared to drive the car as it was icy out, and when it would 'surge' it would speed up on some slippery road, which was not safe, so I couldn't put it off no more, I had to have the dealership look at it.

When I took it in they looked at it for a while and they didn't really determine anything. What they did do was update the transmission software, cleared the SES light and told me to drive it for a week, and if it didn't clear up they would change the transmission again.

Well it didn't last a week. I had it looked at on a Thursday, drove it Friday to and from work (about 60 miles), and then Monday on my way home it died. It wouldn't restart. So I had to wait for towing (which I paid for not Nissan, $140). I had it towed directly to Nissan and waited for a call.

Well they looked at my car (this is Feb. 10, 2015). Bad news. It's not my transmission, it's my engine. Cylinder 4 is not firing (or compressing, I don't remember the wording now). My engine is not under warranty (I think that was up at 60,000 miles). So they have two options for me, a new engine that will cost me $7,000+ or a used one with 45,000 miles that costs $3,400 +/-.

So Feb. 21, 2015 I get a call. Good news and bad news the service manager says. Bad news, they won't have my car done until tomorrow and they found another problem. The good news is that it won't cost me anything. They found a leak from the transmission. They tell me that they have one on the way and are replacing it (that's right, 2nd one in less than two years).

I just confused how a faulty transmission, wouldn't screw up an engine.

Mid-January of this year, again my transmission was acting up. At 123K miles, just 3K miles out of warranty, transmission was slipping and would need to be replaced. 3rd one in less than 3 years. I traded it in. No Nissans again, or CVTs for that matter.

Deleted member 61002

Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Best: Capcom

Worst: Capcom

Moral of the story: Never trust Capcom to not Capcom things up. But Capcom can be a pretty good Capcom when they don't Capcom things.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
www.eneba.com

There’s Plenty to Explore in Eneba’s Game Store | ENEBA

Eneba store has games for all seasons, every mood, every fantasy, and every urge. Buy them, play them, complete them. You want it — we have it!

This fucking company. Do not buy from them. I bought an Amazon voucher that did not work and they refused to refund me despite providing evidence it was faulty.

It gotten so bad that I had to ask who their supplier for the codes were and recieved a refund through them, instead. Embarassing.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
USAA

As soon as my car insurance policy is up with them in April, I'll be dropping them.

I'm a veteran and have been with them for 7 years. Last year, a Visa database was hacked and USAA sent out a letter informing people that they would be cancelling debit cards and reissuing new ones. This I don't have an issue with, as they were being proactive.

My issue stemmed from the fact that my debit card got shut off before I got my replacement one and it took almost a week (and me calling multiple times) in order to get one overnighted to me. I was effectively locked out of my bank account for a week because USAA has no branches in the Minneapolis area and my debit card was shut off.

I dropped them as my bank not long after that and kept them on for my car insurance.

The reason I'm dropping them from my insurance is because they can't give me a straight answer on what I need to pay to get caught back up. I feel behind due to not having any money from due to COVID and I called a couple of days ago to get what I needed. I can't access my information in their app because it keeps telling me that they're updating my billing information. That's another reason why I'm dropping them. If I can't access my information via their primary means to access said information, what's the point.

I was on the phone with a rep for over an hour setting up payment arrangement options and what I would need to pay to get my past due balance figured out.

My regular cost is around $150 a month and she told me that I would be paying around $175 till April (which is when my current policy ends). This figure includes my past due amount and my current policy. I told them I could put $300 down towards my past due and was told that everything was good. She notarized everything on the account and I would call back in the morning when I got paid.

When I called in, the rep pulled the notes up from the night prior and informed me that everything we discussed was wrong and that I would actually be paying $264 for the next four months. When I asked why, she couldn't give me a straight answer.

I'm going to spend the next few months looking at different options for car insurance and I'll be cancelling my policy with them at the end of April.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Samsung. After the Galaxy S3 and two TVs from them (with the shittiest OS ever and shitty speakers) I'm done with them.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another one for Seagate. They're the only drives that I've had go from failing to dead fast enough for me to not be able to salvage stuff off of them.

Also Ford. Everyone I know that has owned one has had nothing but trouble with them. My parents bought a brand new 2005 F-150 that ended up getting outlived by the two Chevys that they had had since the 90's (which are both still kicking 28 and 23 years later, respectively). It ended up needing a complete engine replacement around 2016 that would have run far more than what the car was worth, so they just junked it and replaced it with a new Silverado. I'm less knowledgeable on the specifics, but I know that my uncle had a lot of problems with his Mustang from the early 2000's, and my cousin had problems with his Focus from around the same time period.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I'll never trust Sony with credit card details again or user account systems. The big PSN/Sony customer data hack of ~10 years ago soiled me there, but then just the 2 or 3 years of not resolving it really turned me off from ever trusting them with any customer data.

I got PSN for a few months with the PS4, but just used subscription cards I bought on Amazon because even 10+ years later, I didn't trust them with customer information.

This is why I still buy prepaid vouchers for PSN. I would never put my payment details on there.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
FCA has horrible electronics and quality control. A very notable component is the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) that has a high failure rate and they decided to substitute your standard automotive relays with ones soldered onto the PCB buried in the box. Or poor welds that can compromise the vehicles frame.

Their software is also shit and there are tons of service bulletins about known problems that require software updates to fix. It's like they looked at game developers who rush a broken game out of the door that needs patch after patch to work correctly and thought it was a great idea to apply that methodology to a 2-ton hunk of metal flying down the highway.

And the worst of that for independent shops is their vehicles are also the most expensive ones for software support. Between buying a MicroPod for FCA vehicles, a Tech Authority subscription, and a WiTech subscription (you can bundle the last two for around $87 for three days of access) costs add up. Never mind labor time and parts if needed, because a replacement TIPM needs "paired" with the vehicle so it functions appropriately.

In recent years they've taken to adding what they call a Secure Gateway Module between the ODB-II connector and the rest of the vehicle so you have to login to your Tech Authority account for access to some information and bi-directional controls.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Considering it's all anecdotal, I gotta say I've been quite lucky with certain brands that have been criticized in this thread and plain unlucky with others that have been praised. Funny how that works. And with others, of course, I agree.

Take HP, for example: the first HP desktop my dad bought (back in... 2000? 2001?) was an HP Pavilion. I loved that thing. It looked beautiful, imo. Lasted 2 years *at the most* before it randomly crapped out on me and I thought I was to blame (that I had gotten a virus or something). Disk error, IIRC. Had no idea if it was actually my fault or not. One of my dad's coworkers had a look at it, decided to format the drive and install Windows XP. Lasted like 3 months after that and it crapped out again. We gave up the thing to a neighbor - not sold, gave. I don't think I've ever gotten over it.
Also, an HP Laptop I bought over a decade ago. Big screen, powerful NVIDIA GPU.

Lasted like a year and a half before it -again- crapped out.

Googled around and it seems it was a faulty NVIDIA line. Like, the whole line of mobile GPUs was faulty and they eventually all died. I remember seeing a class action suit about it. Considering I don't live in the US, it was a no go. And I had spent lots of money trying to fix it, to no avail. Eventually just gave it to my dad after yet another of his coworkers tried to fix it. I don't think it ever ran that well after that "fix", but at least it was usable.

On the other hand - Samsung phones. Had the Galaxy S, the S3 and the S7 (current). Never had a single issue with them. I had an LG G3 between the Galaxy S3 and S7 and it eventually developed audio issues one day, which then became so big that the phone bricked itself and refused to turn on. Again, lasted like two years or so. Might've been just a dud, but I don't think I'll buy another LG phone.

The reverse is true with my parents' experience with TVs - bought Samsung TVs twice, and twice they had issues from the start. From bad image quality, or refusing to turn on, shit like that. Returned them to the store and got LG TVs as replacements... and they still work. With issues that developed over time, yes, but still work.

Considering what people have been saying ITT, I'll probably never buy a Razer accessory hahaha

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think most clothes and shoes I bought over the years that use to be pretty solid are just really crap now. Big Brands mind but things like Timberland, shoes are terrible and last no time at all but like most, Levi's are pretty rubbish now. I don't know were you buy quality stuff anymore that isn't vintage made extortion.

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
Ford As soon as i hit 100,000 miles on my Aerostar van, the engine cracked in two, the muffler somehow broke and was bent straight down to the street causing sparks and it caught on fire

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ford, purely because of my first experience in one of their dealerships.

For context, I'm Asian.

So I walk into a dealership and ask a sales guy at the desk if I can have one of those pamphlet/booklet things that every car dealership makes about their cars.

The guy goes "sure, give me a sec" and walks off.

A minute later, a Chinese sales lady comes up to me and starts talking to me in Mandarin. I don't even know Mandarin.

She proceeds to waste around an hour trying to show me their website and not actually getting me the pamphlet that I asked for.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Razer and lately Logitech. Had a razer keyboard fall about on me and spent a lot on a fancy Logitech mouse that now incessantly double clicks (which is apparently a frequent issue).

Logitech has a good support service though. I've had them replace two (different model) mouses of mine over the years for d-click issues. The first time was pretty easy and they went back to me a couple of times for details. The second time they only asked to details once, but I had to do the following in addition to the standard "reinstall software, update firmware, try mouse on another PC" type steps:

Use the website below to verify/confirm Double Clicking
  1. Go to https://codepen.io/nfxpnk/pen/vERyxK
  2. Capture/Record a video while doing the troubleshooting
  3. Video needs to show the website on the screen and the mouse
  4. Register at least 100 clicks
  5. The website will indicate if there are double clicks
  6. Also include the mouse' Serial Number and a handwritten note of the ticket number in the video
I'm not sure if that's their new procedure or if it was just for me because I've submitted tickets for device replacement before, but after I recorded a video the the problem and sent it to them, they promptly mailed me a replacement mouse.

In both cases I never had to ship back my old mouse.

So why do I keep buying Logitech if I've have multiple issues with them? Also had Razer and Steelseries break on me, but they broke just outside of their warranty period, so I was SOL.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lenovo.

For how "reliable" they are known for being with their ThinkPads, both my T61 and T420 had horrendous reliability and build quality issues. T61 had a spontaneous dead mainboard, T420 had 2 spontaneous dead mainboards, dead combo audio jack, and the plastic on the wrist rests started to crack and break after just 2 years.

My 2014 rMBP is still as good as new, 6 years later.

Fuck Lenovo and fuck ThinkPads and their "durability".
I'll never have another Ford.
I've since moved on, but I loved my little Fiesta SFE with its 1.0L EcoBoost. Only had it for a 2-year lease, though.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
GameStop

1. Tried to buy Star Ocean The Last Hope for PS3 - they told me it was available, came for pick up and said they didnt have it and that I could go and pick it up at the closest location which was about 300 miles away. Ended up buying from Tiger Direct.

2. Tried to buy Bayonetta 2 for WiiU when it was $25, they had it on sale but when I got there, they gave me a disc in a plastic bag or something - told me it was used as a demo....was like wtf - left and went to Best Buy - price matched and got myself a new copy.

3. Tried to buy something online but when I go to check out, it gave me some bizarre error, tried a different browser and a different device - same thing, just considered it as a sign that I shouldnt try shopping from here ever and havent tried since (this was like 4 years ago)

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
FML, I just bought my sister a Razer keyboard for her birthday.

Ugh...Well, her old one was dying anyway so I suppose it's better than nothing. I hope it at least lasts long enough for her to get her no money's worth out of it...

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Comcast refused to fix my connection problem for almost a year. And since it's the only option at the time in my area I don't really have a choice.
Fiber internet from a local service became available and I switched luckily.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung. Sold a phone years ago that advertised 16gb of space. But less then 8gb was actually useable. So I've avoided anything Samsung for the last 7 years.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hewlett-Packard!!! I'm never buying their printers again. Garbage. Only had it a year, barely used it (maybe printed 20 pages in a year)and when I needed it the most the printer head is magically broken. Now it's a sitting scan machine brick til I find a good deal online on something else

Fitbit, kept it in great condition. Only used it to track my running. Completely died in a few months. I tried to work something out with customer service and they gave me a 10% off coupon for another device. Never again.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Man that first post....fuck Razer. I remember buying their headphones when I got my first gaming PC and I took care of that thing; didnt bang it about, made sure the wires didnt get twsited up or anything but still, after 7 months the thing just started getting trouble with the sound on the left side. I was able to get it working for maybe a month by playing around with the wires but eventually it gave out. Swore never to buy anything from them again and kept that promise.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Samsung and Ford

Every Samsung product that myself or those in my family have had barring one (a TV we got a good 10 years ago now) has been an utter piece of shit. This includes two phones (S5 and one of the Note phones), a computer monitor (CFG70 24in which had burn in twice), a shitty laptop and various other pieces of tech. Not to mention their shitty customer service and that their repair facility sucks.

Ford because every vehicle from them that either my family or close friends have had has been a complete piece of shit that mostly lives in the shop. My family's 2004 Ford Expedition was the worst of the bunch, it broke down and needed a new transmission with less than 80,000 miles on it, and had already had a shit ton of other repairs done to it. The Chrysler Aspen that my family replaced it with was much better in terms of reliability and lasted a good 270,000 miles before my parents traded it in

dc3k

Feb 10, 2018
not america
I always thought Comcast couldn't be that bad. Comcast is that bad.

Samsung phones. Got one as a work phone. Filled with bloatware apps I can't remove. Ads on the home screen. Some remote control app would launch itself to show me full screen ads. Never ever again, even if it's free.

May 10, 2018
I guess for me would be ASUS.

I had a laptop and the charging port stopped working in less than a year. If I needed to charge I would have to push the cable in the port and hold it for it to charge.

I even got it fixed and it lasted about the same time as before.

I know MacBooks aren't perfect but I upgraded to a MBP and never looked back. No issues at all.

Dec 29, 2017
BMW. So many people I know who have owned one it's been nothing but problems and high cost of repairs. Buy or lease new, and once the warranty is up, sell it as fast as you can. They seem to only be built to last a few years and then break down.

Any car company that uses a CVT. The worst transmission technology ever made.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Like many here, I've had nothing but bad luck with Logitech devices. I've tried three of their mice and every one has ended up having the exact same issues. I'll never use one again. Now I have some offbrand mouse I bought off Amazon and I like it much more than the Logitech crap I had before.

LG phone was garbage. I don't remember which model it was but this was about five years ago. I've switched to Motorola and I've been reasonably happy with their phones. I've been thinking about switching to iPhone due to my distrust of Google, but I don't know. I've only ever had Android smartphones and it seems like a big change.

Chevrolet and Dodge cars. Back in the 90s my dad had a Chevy truck and my stepmom had a Dodge SUV of some sort. Both of them sucked. Once it got above about 50k miles, the Chevy just totally crapped out. The Dodge was a fucking lemon from day one. That thing was in the shop more often than it was on the road. As for me, I'm a Toyota guy for life. I've been driving them since I got my license and they're always great.

I've always been pleased with Sony and Asus products. Never had any major trouble with either.