• Saturday

Votes: 328 94.3%
  • Sunday

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Recently got into this discussion with a friend. I argued that Saturday is better, knowing that you could waste the entire day do nothing and still have all of the next day to make up for it. He argued that Sunday is better because it's a day off after a day of rest, whereas Saturday is a day off after the end of a long week. I always thought Saturday was the better day, but I think he has a point?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saturday for the same reason you argued. Not only do you have the entire Saturday off, but you can also stay up later and not worry about work the next day. You have Friday night to rest after the work week.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saturday for sure. Sunday all I can think about is how I have to go to work the next day.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Saturday night is the only time I can stay up late. On Sundays I have to think about work the next day and on Fridays I'm too tired to stay up later.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
easily Saturday--it's hard to relax when you know you've got work to do tomorrow

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Saturday is nothing but stuff to look forward to because you know you have a full day off after to just relax or take care of chores or whatever. Sunday will forever have Monday looking over its shoulder, spoiling all the fun.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Sunday blows everywhere is so crowded and it takes 5 hours to get into cracker barrel b/c church gets out at 11

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can do anything on a Saturday. I can't get super drunk or stay out late on Sunday because I need to get ready for Monday.

Saturday is the better day.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Your friend is wrong. Knowing I have to go to bed at a decent time on Sunday ruins that day. Saturday is perfect. You can sleep in if you want and/or stay up late if you want. You have the whole day to do whatever without worrying about if you'll be trashed the the next day because of it. It's great.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Saturday is forever.
Sunday is like you eat late breakfast and it's already 6:30 and suns going down.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Saturday is all about getting shit done and social obligations and whatnot. Often times that can be great, but sometimes it can be a mixed bag.

Sunday is my fucking day, MY FUCKING DAY.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I wanted to say Sunday (or the equivalent second day off), because personally that's the day I can rest after rushing through weekend chores the day before... but the points in the OP are correct. It's kinda hard to fully relax when you have a workday looming around the corner.

The best is the second half of Saturday, when I've finished what I need to do and can do whatever I want while keeping in mind there's a whole other day off after. It's a great feeling.

Oct 25, 2017
Friday night, party, go out, stay up late, and you STILL get Saturday off to recover and do the same shit all over again.

Sunday is chore day. School night. Go to bed early.

Saturday by a country mile. It's the most free day of the week.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Everyone knows Saturday is the heart of the weekend. It's the day that makes Friday as fun as it is because you're looking forward to it, and it's the day you spend most of Sunday missing.

Future Gazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sunday is filled with anxiety about the week ahead. Saturday is the only day you can really forget how shitty your life is.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Saturday for fucks sake Sunday sucks.

The only thing Sunday is good for is football. Better sports and entertainment are usually on Sundays but that's because Saturday is an objectively better day so people are out enjoying their lives instead of sitting in front of the TV

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
How is this even a discussion. Saturday is awesome. Sunday is just the day I sit around not wanting to mow the yard instead of just mowing the yard until the last minute. It's awful.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I like the relaxed nature of Sunday. Saturday is mostly recovering from the week and errands. Then you fit some social event at night to make it worthwhile. It's a whirlwind.

Sunday is a full day of relaxation.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Saturday.

Sunday is awful because you know you have work/school the next day. And if you have school, chances are there's an assignment that you haven't done that's due at midnight or the next day.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Saturday sucks. Every where is crowded and you usually have plans.

Sundays you get to chill all day and sleep in.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
All day long on Sunday I'm depressed because I know I have to go back to work.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'll give Sunday is that places are less crowded. Sunday morning bike rides are bliss. I still vote Saturday though.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday needs more respect there are people out there thinking it's the first day of the week, like it's not part of the weekend

Saturday is better though

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Saturday is no doubt better. With the exception of 3 day weekend sundays. Those are the best days.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Saturday. Sunday (personally) for me has always been a day where I need to spend the day doing something in particular. My father always had off on Sundays, so that memory of always doing something with him on that day is in my brain.