• Korean Air

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • United

Votes: 45 10.4%

• Total voters

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't fly often enough to have a strong opinion (once or twice a year at most).

As long as I can get WiFi and a bloody mary I'm pretty content.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are those dirt cheap russian ones that crash all the time?

Mintaro

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
My connecting flight to Frankfurt was delayed slightly and as a result, my luggage wasn't able to get transferred on the plane. It took me 2 months for them to get me my shit back. Thanks United.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
As i'm from the UK Ryanair has to be the worst. The seats are dirty and the leg room is a joke. Have to pay £12 each way to get about 6inches extra leg room.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
From everything I've read online over the years, Ryanair seems to be the overwhelming choice for most people.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
United to Europe (and back) was fucking glorious coming back from Italy a couple weeks ago.

Air Canada, going to Italy, was fucking brutal. I wanted to die on that flight. No AC vents. And the cabin was hot as fuck. NO AC VENTS!

Let room was worse than usual as we well.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I don't know about "worst airline in the world", but I haven't had the best experiences in the U.S. when it comes to American Airlines and United. Even during the few times I decided to fly them, almost every flight was wrought with either delays or other nonsense that I don't deal with as much otherwise.

I haven't even tried Spirit or Frontier and don't have any plans to in the future.

I pretty much fly Delta and Southwest exclusively when it comes to domestic travel.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Korean (N) Air burger has been DNA tested and it came back as mostly pork and zero human, so United wins this by default. United is the only airline I've flown that ratchets immediate punitive behaviors if your mileage status lapses. If I lapse in status on Alaska, I lose benefits after about a year, with some certificates lasting even longer - and they simply revert me to my prior status. On United, I board last and then on the gangway, they put a sack over my head and beat me with pipes before throwing me in the bilge hold.

why is Air Koryo* on the list, korean air is great

It's the North Korean airline and it has extremely low safety and service scores. But it's way nicer than United. United Airlines once drugged me with potent hallucinogens and powerful laxatives, taped all of my orifices but one nostril shut with metal ducting tape, tattooed anti-Mongolian phrases on my forehead, burned my documents and transported me in a burlap sack to Ulan Bator because I had the temerity to ask for a whole can of soda on a 10 hour flight. United flight attendants by contract, have to eat egg kebabs and Mr. Pibb so that when crop dusting passengers, the stinging noxious bum-stingers can produce tears in passengers because they refuse to humidify the cabins.

One time I asked the United flight attendant what gate we were arriving at and she smashed me in the face with a crate of glasses from first class, breaking my nose and splinters of glass in the soft tissue under my eyes, and she said back to me in a mocking voice, "mmmwat gaaaateee are we arrrriiivvving atttt your ladyshippppp!"

One time I tried to book a vegetarian meal on the United website for our grandma's flight to a cancer institute and when I tried to pay the "convenience fee" United took control of my home title and sold it to a debt collection agency for pedophiles. When we got on the plane they served grandma a pile of raw organ meat and told her it was fine because at 10,000 feet the cabin is extremely radiated and the fauna in the organs will be sterilized.

* Names of some airlines have been altered to fit the narrative

Last edited:

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't fly often but I've flown with RyanAir a few times and yeah, they are not great, but they can be super cheap so I don't think they are the worst. I mean I've flown from Frankfurt to Glasgow in 2017 for 10€!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's Spirit.

I remember there was a woman on a flight sitting behind us and it was clear she was fucked up. Her husband was trying to wake her up while simultaneously telling the steward that she was fine (My theory to this day was that they were drug runners and a baggie had came apart in her stomach or something). So I called the steward over and said, "Listen man, I think that woman needs a doctor or something before we take off."

"She bought her ticket." and he walked away.

BennyBeGoode

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Only flew with United once and had no issues (US to Europe).

Ryanair is the absolute worst. I once flew from Barcelona to Cologne and had one of the front seats and could see the flight attendents most of the time. They all made the impression, that they were unhappy. Probably because of the bad salary.
Also, the seats are super small and most of the services which are provided free on other airlines, are charged extra for.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
What's crazy is not how bad the bad ones are, but how little of a difference there is between the bad ones and the "good" ones.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Whichever ones are blacklisted from flying to the EU.

Ryanair is the worst I've personally flown.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
United is shit, it sucks living in Houston because that's the majority of the flights coming out of Bush. Don't know why everyone is saying Spirit, I mean you get what you pay for. Took a last minute flight from them to Tampa for $20 one time, will be a fan forever after that.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's crazy is not how bad the bad ones are, but how little of a difference there is between the bad ones and the "good" ones.

I have really enjoyed flying Copa, Lufthansa, Singapore, Avianca, British Air, Swiss, Qantas, etc. Their overall flight experience is pretty good.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ryanair is definitely the worst I've been on, the two flights I've taken with them were both distinctly unpleasant experiences. What kind of shitty airline gives you a giant laminated menu of inflight upcharged food items but then doesn't have a seat pocket so you have to hold it in your lap for the whole flight? United clearly has its issues but I've never experienced any of them despite flying several times a year with them, so no harm no foul there

OP
OP
whatsinaname

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
tbh, I don't fly Spirit that much (I am in a Delta hub). But the few times I have had to, they have been decent - except for the nickle-and-diming of course. But I went in expecting that.

why is korean air on the list, korean air is great

I just wanted to rant about United. And listed a couple of other airlines that I or my family have had bad experiences with.

Korean Air was supposed to be great and my parents were excited to fly them. But after a couple of different trips, they came away with a 'maybe Korean Air offers better service if you are not Brown' feeling.