• Korean Air

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • United

Votes: 45 10.4%

• Total voters

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really can't wait until I figure out how to use my 65,000 United points and then switch to another FF service. EVA is probably a better option living in Asia.

Use those United points for ANA. I never had an issue with United, but all domestic US airlines sucks. Virgin America probably least offensive

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So reading this thread makes me wonder if there are any worthwhile airlines for domestic travel in the US 😂

(Haven't traveled domestically so not familiar)
I flew from Seattle to Nashville via United and it sucked. Had to take a 3 hour layover in Houston, very little amenities on the plane. Couldn't sit next to my girlfriend on the second leg of the flight. This was basically a red eye journey too. Only thing at a decent price. No carry ons allowed btw, just a personal item. Didn't affect us this journey but it has in the past.

I flew from Nashville back to Seattle on Alaska. It was awesome. We got to pick our seats. I got amazing views of Montana and the Cascades/Rainer/Volcanos. And there were free movies we could watch from our seat via screens on the seat in front of us.

United has only ever offered that "watch on your phone" bullshit where the connection is always crappy.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So reading this thread makes me wonder if there are any worthwhile airlines for domestic travel in the US 😂

If you have status and accept that US domestic is shit tier compared to Asia and more like Europe but without the dirt cheap options, then Alaska has the best on time, baggage, service and Mileage Plan record, year after year. If you don't have status, it can be less awesome. For example, if you have even basic MVP status, you can check a bike for the same price as a normal bag. If you have MVP Gold 75k, you can check a bike for free PLUS a free suitcase of basically any size, pick your seats (with more legroom and treats) and get frequent (I mean, like, more than 50% of the time) upgrades to First Class depending on route.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I flew from Seattle to Nashville via United and it sucked. Had to take a 3 hour layover in Houston, very little amenities on the plane. Couldn't sit next to my girlfriend on the second leg of the flight. This was basically a red eye journey too. Only thing at a decent price. No carry ons allowed btw, just a personal item. Didn't affect us this journey but it has in the past.

I flew from Nashville back to Seattle on Alaska. It was awesome. We got to pick our seats. I got amazing views of Montana and the Cascades/Rainer/Volcanos. And there were free movies we could watch from our seat via screens on the seat in front of us.

United has only ever offered that "watch on your phone" bullshit where the connection is always crappy.

Wow...

That's a far cry from my experience with international flights like Emirates lol

Damn, no carry ons and only one device, I guess the trip is short and the pricing is a good thing...

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

As long as you don't have expectations of flying Air Emirates or something like that, Southwest is usually the best option. Open seating, good customer service, good flight staff, hardly any delays or cancellations, decent entertainment options on board, best leg room of the major airlines, free carry-ons and checked bags, and cheaper than Delta, American, or United's non-economy options. Others may have had different experiences, but I don't fly with anyone other than Southwest if I can. I did take Alaska and Hawaiian Airlines on my honeymoon, and loved them as well. But they don't fly everywhere in the US.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I've flown quite a bit, and had nothing but awful experiences with Alaska and Frontier. United has been the one I've been going with recently as they seem to have a lot of flights that don't require a layover. The customer service at United is by far worse than the other two I mentioned, but the actual flights have been okay (minus some non working plugs).

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I always figured Spirit to the bargain bin of flights. I've never flown, but I've heard stories.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had a good experience with Air India in my whole life and stopped flying them around 11 years ago on my trips to India. "Highlights" include:
  • Some of the surliest, most unfriendly air crew
  • Stewardesses and Stewards getting into verbal fights that once escalated to what sounded a lot like slaps and then quiet sobs back around 2004
  • Two stewardesses kicking passengers' luggage underneath the chairs to make them fit in the space
  • Awful meals and terrible handling of meal change requests
  • Ridiculously dirty interiors
My wife had airport security called on her by a Spirit employee for complaining to them about a 7 hour delay at LAX. The cop who responded came up and told her "Ma'am, you're flying the worst airline at this airport. What did you expect?"

Even with all that, I'd rather fly Spirit or Air India then step foot inside an Aeroflot plane. I value my life too much.