bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 2 is the best movie he is in. But that is a James Cameron movie that he stars in.

The best Arnold movie is of course Predator.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Total Recall. Peak late 80's early 90's sci-fi action movie. Pastel colour ways, ostentatious fashions, funny but gross special effects that aren't CGI, humour that is truly of its time, self aware, really shit fighting, fun story.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
T2 was the first R rated movie I ever saw in theaters. It was the coolest moment of my life up to that point. I will never forget it.

Thanks bestfriend older brother for taking me!

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
This reminds me of Bridgette Wilson...God she was cute

0159.jpg

Was?

bridgette-wilsonsampras-during-aerin-lauder-hosts-luncheon-in-honor-picture-id106999058

I have not seen Last Action Hero in a long time. I need to watch it again.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Overall? Probably Terminator 2. Then again...

Conan : Best sountrack / OST (Basil Poledouris)
Commando: Best one-liner collection
Predator: Best shooting in any movie ever (contaaaaaact!)
True Lies: Best laugh (his day dream of killing that car guy played by Bill Paxton)
Last Action Hero: Best cut-away (Hamlet)

This is the correct answer, really. But overall for me it's Commando.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
Total Recall is also my favorite. I'm a sucker for good sci-fi and it cannot be understated the contributions Schwarzenegger made to the genre. I even remember the build-up to the movie. The scene where he goes through the X-ray at the airport had an entire segment on Good Morning America about the money spent on it and how groundbreaking it was. I was also really excited for the trailer, the moment when Benny revealed his mutant arm I was pretty much sold. It has amazing one-liners, great visuals, and a plot that leaves the question open...is he living out a fantasy in his mind or did the events really happen? I could watch that movie on repeat.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I'm going with Total Recall. It has a great OST and I'm a sucker for movies that take place somewhere other than Earth. Hopefully we get a sequel about the party Richter went to.

A close second would probably be Commando just for how untouchable he is. I don't think he suffers a single setback in that movie outside of the opening ten minutes once he gets going.

I'm sorry but last action hero is a must in this list.

Such a fun movie, and it's even better now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Total Recall is also my favorite. I'm a sucker for good sci-fi and it cannot be understated the contributions Schwarzenegger made to the genre. I even remember the build-up to the movie. The scene where he goes through the X-ray at the airport had an entire segment on Good Morning America about the money spent on it and how groundbreaking it was. I was also really excited for the trailer, the moment when Benny revealed his mutant arm I was pretty much sold. It has amazing one-liners, great visuals, and a plot that leaves the question open...is he living out a fantasy in his mind or did the events really happen? I could watch that movie on repeat.
I think the somewhat ambiguous ending is what I love about it too. It's been so many years since I've seen it though. I don't remember many details anymore and I don't remember whether it turned out to be a dream or not. Do you know?

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I think the somewhat ambiguous ending is what I love about it too. It's been so many years since I've seen it though. I don't remember many details anymore and I don't remember whether it turned out to be a dream or not. Do you know?

I read an article that Verhoeven purposely left it ambiguous. So it's really up to the viewer. Personally, I actually think it's all in his head. All the clues from his visit to Recall point to that. When they are putting him under, the lab workers mention blue skies on Mars and alien artifacts. The biggest clue comes when he describes his perfect mate, the final result is an image of Mileena. Too big of a coincidence for me.

Edit: That said, he did dream of Mileena ahead of time, so maybe the monitor thing isn't as big of deal now that I think of it.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I read an article that Verhoeven purposely left it ambiguous. So it's really up to the viewer. Personally, I actually think it's all in his head. All the clues from his visit to Recall point to that. When they are putting him under, the lab workers mention blue skies on Mars and alien artifacts. The biggest clue comes when he describes his perfect mate, the final result is an image of Mileena. Too big of a coincidence for me.

Edit: That said, he did dream of Mileena ahead of time, so maybe the monitor thing isn't as big of deal now that I think of it.
And thus the beauty of the ending :)

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Commando easily. That movie is just beyond fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Tough question. Predator probably my favorite overall and yet Commando is the most fun and has the most Arnold one-liners

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Terminator

just think its an excellent crafted film with a great story, plus it being a dark scifi horror movie is also nice

Scottius

Oct 31, 2017
Where's all the Twins love?

Seriously though. Here's my list.

Predator
Commando
Terminator
Conan the Barbarian

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my favorite works are some of the worst movies.
The Running Man is a movie I can watch any time any day and enjoy. The incredibly forced one liners foreshadow his Mr. Freeze performance and the over the top nonsense of the movie's plot gets buried under the weight of Arnie, Jessie Ventura, and Richard fucking Dawson. It's brilliant and insane and I love it. This is my favorite Arnold movie and it's not even close.

Honorable mention to True Lies and Last Action Hero. TL got worse with age and LAH actually got better with time.

Last edited:

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Conan the Barbarian because it taught me what is best in life. It also features the greatest film score ever composed.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
No love for Junior or End of Days? /s

I loved Terminator 1/2 (1 more for the horror/80s dread, 2 is more of a popcorn flick) , The Running Man, Total Recall, and I vaguely remember Conan. Never saw Commando nor Predator but I'm sure they hold up well. Any movie where he has hilarious one-liners such "GET TO DA CHOPPA" and "Come with me if you want to live" are the best. I also loved seeing him ham it up in Batman and Robin as Mr. Freeze. "All right everybody *pause* chill" gets to me every time.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Commando

It's one of my all-time favorite movies in general. I love the one-liners, as well as the sheer ridiculousness as far as how everything unfolds. Just watching Arnold recklessly force his way through every single situation with very little in the way of ultimate consequence is really entertaining.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Commando & Kindergarten Cop are up there in the ones that I've seen the most. It's been a long time since I've rewatched his other stuff, though. I also want to throw in Jingle All The Way; It's one of my favorite christmas movies.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I was a kid my Dad would let me stay up and watch the heavily edited Total Recall that was on cable at night every now and then. I loved that movie and one year I got it on VHS as a gift and must have watched it another 100 times.

It's my go to Arnold movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Either Total Recall or Predator. Both are immensly quotable, gory classics with few weaknesses.

But then again, the first two Terminators are fantastic as well. This is too hard...

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Commando is an endlessly entertaining movie-sometimes inadvertently.

But T2 is one of the greatest movies of all time.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
T1, just like the first Alien, is a full on horror movie to me. Both sequels(T2 and Aliens) ramped up the action and lost that vibe. I get why people like T2 better, its a large movie in many ways. But T1 for life.

Followed by the first Conan. Any movie that has plot reasons for his bad acting helps.