Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tenor.gif

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone knows the ninjas are the best thing about the series' lore. And the series... period.

Reptile

wp2818570.jpg

A reptilian creature under the command of the emperor of Outworld, Shao Khan, Reptile is an enigmatic character who is the last surviving member of his species. Able to take on a human guise while in Earthrealm, his true lizard-like nature allows him to spit lethal acid and perform otherwise inhuman feats. Reptile is perhaps best known for being the original secret character in a fighting game.

Who's your favorite, and why?

There's something about the human Reptile design that clicks with me, you know? Even as a kid I loved this particular green ninja. His moveset, name, etc. I really can't describe it.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I used to love Reptile in MK2. But the more unique, and less human they made him, the less interested I became.

It's a hard choice between Sub-zero , and scorpion. But, ultimately, I think I'd go with Subs.

I want an open world action adventure game in the MK world. 😭

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
From the original trilogy: Reptile

From the newer games: Scorpion, I really like the personality they gave him as Hanzo.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Ermac just for the kinetic slam. I loved his juggles in UMK3.
Haven't really tried him much in 11.

Reptile is a close 2nd.

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017
<- takes a look at his avatar... well, the answer is quite simple :P

Last edited:

Geedorah

Oct 27, 2017
Always been a huge fan of Scorpion. Very iconic character. First that comes to mind when I think of MK series.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Could never really decide. I want to say Rain, but only because he grew on me after I ended up maining him in MK9. I thought he was lame as shit at first.

I would also say Noob as he was badassery incarnate before MK11, now he's still cool but they kind of crossed the line with the edginess. It was kinda like he didn't realise he was edgy before, now he revels in it and it makes his character feel slightly silly.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion, he's just a lot of fun to play and I really jive with the hell and fire aesthetic they've added to him in the modern games.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Scorpion is basically the perfect ninja. Fire powers and undead.

Cyber Smoke is a close second.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Noob, followed by Rain, followed by Sub-Zero.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As a kid with MK2 I was all about Reptile, but was actually better at playing Sub-Zero or Scorpion. That said, there was always something magical about the "unselectable" characters Smoke and Noob though, I used to use an action replay to use these guys on the Mega Drive back in the day.

I grew to love Smoke, both as a robot Scorpion replacement in MK3, to the mystique of the extra human version and the rumours of how to access him in UMK3.

Over time Reptile has just devolved, both as a character and design, and I've completely lost interest in him. Smoke, along with Noob, have become my go-to guys.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Been a huge fan of Reptile ever since UMK3, just because of how his acid balls were in it. Just thought they were the coolest thing ever.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion, particularly thanks to his human form appearances in MKX and MK11

The one thing I absolutely have to give to Sub Zero is this banger tho

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rain, because he's purple. I really don't have any logic beyond that!

In general, though, I do think the more vivid, deeper colors (Reptile, Rain, Ermac) look better than the lighter colors on Scorpion and Sub-Zero, so they have a lot more appeal to me on that alone.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Sub-Zero and it's not even close, tho Scorpion has grown on me a lot since MKX.

I do like Rain's powerset a lot.

May 26, 2018
Amazing how distinct the tiers of popularity are here.

Tier 1:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion

Tier 2:
Reptile

Tier 3:
Noob Saibot
Rain

Tier 4:
Ermac
Smoke

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Easily Sub Zero, Ice has always been my favorite Element.

2: Smoke

3: Rain

4: Noob

5: Scorp

6: Ermac

7: Chameleon

8: Reptile.