Better Organization XIII

• Original

Votes: 157 95.2%
  • True

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So Kingdom Hearts features two versions of Organization XIII the original one seen in Chain of Memories and II and the true one seen in 3D and II. So which one did you find better?

Original:

latest

True:

1200px-Real_Organization_XIII_KHIII.png

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
The original didn't have 5 members that were just slight variants of the same person. It's easy to poke fun at that, but more variety makes for a more interesting group to me.

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The original one because that's where I stole my gamertag from.... (I didn't know she was a girl at the time because she was hooded but kept it anyways.)

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I like DDD and KH3 more than your usual Resetera User but come on this is no competition. Organization XIII was a cast of unique characters, all brand new, all with unique powers and weapons, and they were a huge part of why their three games were great. True Organization XIII is mostly made up of Xehanort variants, past villains, and leftover Organization members sitting on the bench for most of the game. It's not even close.

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
Original and it's not even remotely within the same galaxy of comparisonsā€¦the "true" are so similar to each other and forgettable.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Original actually felt like an organization. It's fun to think of Saix being the grumpy hardass because he probably was the one who had to do deal with all the reports and all the paperwork. I also enjoyed how they were depicted in the manga.

True had the better boss fights, but by start of KH3 they were still trying to round out their ranks. Imagine being that unprepared that close to the execution of the grand plan. Closest they felt to an organization to me was in Vexen and Demyx's conversation with each other, and those two were benchwarmers.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Original actually felt like an organization. It's fun to think of Saix being the grumpy hardass because he probably was the one who had to do deal with all the reports and all the paperwork. I also enjoyed how they were depicted in the manga.

True had the better boss fights, but by start of KH3 they were still trying to round out their ranks. Imagine being that unprepared that close to the execution of the grand plan. Closest they felt to an organization to me was in Vexen and Demyx's conversation with each other, and those two were benchwarmers.

Something which confused me is how they all allegedly had pieces of Xehanort's heart but it didn't influence their behaviour at all

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
New XIII is a mess and funny to think about with all the added context post KH3.

5 of the members are the same person (3 of which from different points in time), One is a replica of Riku, another is a reconstructed replica of the absolute mess that is Sora's memories (Xion), Marluxia is an amnesiac time travelling keyblade faction leader from several hundred years in the past, Larxene is also an amnesiac keyblade wielder from the distant past, Vanitas is the physical manifestation of True Darkness that possessed Ventus several hundred years ago and time traveled with him to BBS's present. Xigbar is a body hopping keyblade master, and finally Luxord is the most suspicious character in the series so far.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Original has a dude whose blade is a guitar.

The true group is some Kang level multiversal self bullshit (which, while killing variety, is my kind of dumb story shit)

Original wins.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Something which confused me is how they all allegedly had pieces of Xehanort's heart but it didn't influence their behaviour at all

I didn't mind that because it underscored the difference between Sora and Xehanort. Sora's friends are his power while Xehanort can't trust anyone to the point that he'd rather create 13 copies of himself. And even when he does, he doesn't bother to secure their loyalty or friendship or anything meaningful like that. This is echoed in Xemnas realizing he took his comrades for granted, leaving him with nothing but emptiness. Also echoed in Xehanort himself having no one to honor his legacy while Eraqus was able to share an embrace with his students before he passed on.

LimeTime

Jul 17, 2023
I am in the extreme minority I guess but for me the true one still has most of the best guys from the original (Xigbar, Marluxia, Larxene, Saix) while adding dudes like Xemnas, Ansem, and Master Xehanort who are all-time great Kingdom Hearts antagonists. I don't think it's far and away the better of the two (I like them both) but the true organization gets the edge.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The original - in between KH2 and 358/2 Days - the character interactions and back stories were really good. BBS provided origin stories for them too.

The "True" one consist half of the members being different versions of the same person lol

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
as a lot of people have said, this is basically "which is better, Organization XIII or Xehanort?"

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Original. But Young Xehanort was such a hater and I appreciate that.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I got second hand embarrassment because of out everything related to the True Organization XIII. A plot device that was created with no clear plan to execute it, or willingness to commit to the concept.

When you have to fill in the numbers with Riku's damned replica, Xion, 4 guys that didn't even know why they were there, Xehanort 4 timesā€¦ it was a damn mess.

KH3 should have been Terranort, Braig and Isa teaming up and that's it. 10 lights against 3 darknesses. There you have it. number 13.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I love both honestly. Playing the KH3 data fights and realizing how much is only possible from building on a 20 year history - from the music to the movesets - makes me wanna give it to true though.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
New XIII is a mess and funny to think about with all the added context post KH3.

5 of the members are the same person (3 of which from different points in time), One is a replica of Riku, another is a reconstructed replica of the absolute mess that is Sora's memories (Xion), Marluxia is an amnesiac time travelling keyblade faction leader from several hundred years in the past, Larxene is also an amnesiac keyblade wielder from the distant past, Vanitas is the physical manifestation of True Darkness that possessed Ventus several hundred years ago and time traveled with him to BBS's present. Xigbar is a body hopping keyblade master, and finally Luxord is the most suspicious character in the series so far.

Vanitas is what?

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Original for sure. They had more interesting internal conflicts due to their different stances prior to the acquisition, where they just became extensions of Xehanort and how boring he was.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
The true one has all the cool characters from the first one, while adding the likes of Ansem, Terranort, and Vanitas (and young Xehanort I guess).

So true all the way.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Union X lore

www.khwiki.com

Darkness (character)

The thirteen original Darknesses, also referred to as true darkness, are a group of characters introduced in Kingdom Hearts Union Ļ‡ who possess a history with the Master of Masters. Darkness is an ancient entity locked in an eternal battle with the...

Ugh......

Also given Young Xehanort is a member couldn't Xehanort have just gotten 13 different versions of himself from the past to fill the Organization?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I honestly didn't even know theres a true one. Or I forgot. One of the other. (have only played KH1 and 2 for context)

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I got second hand embarrassment because of out everything related to the True Organization XIII. A plot device that was created with no clear plan to execute it, or willingness to commit to the concept.

When you have to fill in the numbers with Riku's damned replica, Xion, 4 guys that didn't even know why they were there, Xehanort 4 timesā€¦ it was a damn mess.

KH3 should have been Terranort, Braig and Isa teaming up and that's it. 10 lights against 3 darknesses. There you have it. number 13.
someone one said that Xehanort never had the same motivation in every single game he's been in and I couldn't stop laughing

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that fell off partway through II because I found all of the characters and overall story atrocious, I'm super amused that there's actually something worse than Org XIII. A whole second Org XIII. šŸ˜‚

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
You've done it Era, you've created the most brain dead poll results of all time.

New Organization is an objective improvement over the Original. Original has 5 absolute fucking bench warmers : Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, and Demyx fucking suck and have no coherent motivations or goals. Xaldin and Lexaeus turn out to be FUCKING GATE GUARDS for Ansem the Wise. Vexen and Zexion only become interesting after being recompleted and going back to their original roles as researchers alongside Ansem the Wise. Demyx is at least entertaining, but as proven by his behavior in KH3, he had absolutely no rhyme or reason to help the Organization in 2 and Days.

New Organization makes the absolutely cracked and BASED decision to compile all the bad guys from previous games via time traveling heart bullshit, which lines up perfectly with Xehanort's "can't trust anyone but myself, I don't need friends" villain mentality PLUS brings back all the actually cool and interesting original Organization members for EVEN BETTER fights than they had in KH2.

These poll results prove that Era is hard addicted to nostalgia.

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
You've done it Era, you've created the most brain dead poll results of all time.

New Organization is an objective improvement over the Original. Original has 5 absolutely fucking bench warmers : Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, and Demyx fucking suck and have no coherent motivations or goals. Xaldin and Lexaeus turn out to be FUCKING GATE GUARDS for Ansem the Wise. Vexen and Zexion only become interesting after being recompleted and going back to their original roles as researchers alongside Ansem the Wise. Demyx is at least entertaining, but as proven by his behavior in KH3, he had absolutely no rhyme or reason to help the Organization in 2 and Days.

New Organization makes the absolutely cracked and BASED decision to compile all the bad guys from previous games via time traveling heart bullshit, which lines up perfectly with Xehanort's "can't trust anyone but myself, I don't need friends" villain mentality PLUS brings back all the actually cool and interesting original Organization members for EVEN BETTER fights than they had in KH2.

These poll results prove that Era is hard addicted to nostalgia.
Yeh but original is just iconic soooooooo šŸ˜Œ

You right though for real for real. Original did have some fuckin jobbers, and true really was fitting for an asshole like Xehanort.