• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Just started replaying Mafia 3, I'd love to see a full game starring John Donovan, as he is one the highlights of the game. Just break off his hunt for those responsible for the Kennedy assassination and make it into a full game, I'd definitely play it.

Which side characters from any game would you like to see get their own standalone game?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Sae Nijima from Persona 5 for sure. Great character design(s), they've already got an excellent English VA for her, and she's just an excellent no-nonsense character that I'd love to see as the protagonist of her own story.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Playing through Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time made me realize Dingodile deserves his own game. Let me throw down in the swamp forest to protect my restaurant.

Solidpanic

Oct 28, 2017
Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Not sharing a game with Sora like in DDD. A proper standalone game. Come on Nomura.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Not sharing a game with Sora like in DDD. A proper standalone game. Come on Nomura.
honestly playing as any kingdom hearts character other than sora > playing as sora
Trish, Lucia, and Lady could easily carry their own DMC game together
Yeah, DMC5SE not including Trish and Lady made me sad. Hideaki Itsuno really ought to figure out how to flesh those two out gameplay-wise as much as Dante/Nero/Vergil have been.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Garrus Vakarian and Urdnot Wrex could easily star in their own standalone Mass Effect games.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I thought Grieving Mother from Pillars of Eternity was a fascinating character that I'd like to learn more about, but I also think it'd be weird to play as her.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't know if Rivet qualified as side character, but if so, her.
One of the character you encounter in Jedi Fallen Order but don't want to spoil.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Sheva-Alomar-resident-evil-5-40438700-540-330.gif

Sheva RE5

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The white sword-wielding monkey in Sekiro. Who doesn't want to play as a monkey with 2 swords? He also has some sweet moves.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Dana from Ys VIII.

God, she was the absolute star of that game to me. I want them to retcon the ending and give me a spinoff series that chronicles her adventures much like the main series does for Adol.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
No one said Waluigi? Wario games were interesting and unique, I think it would be fun to see what he would get in to as a protagonist.

Cygnus X-1

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be slightly provocative here and say that Zelda in the Legend of Zelda deserves a game built from scratch around her, not Link.

May 10, 2019
1280x720.jpg

Grunts, the story is going to be funny and sad, which actually just made me think of Oddworld.

190px-Revolver_Ocelot.png

Revolver Ocelot could also be interesting depending on the time/age they go with.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Sadie Adler from Red Dead 2, if they make a third game she has to be at the top of the list of possible main characters, unless it's a pre-prequel I guess.

Playing through Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time made me realize Dingodile deserves his own game. Let me throw down in the swamp forest to protect my restaurant.

Yes! Dingo was the only one of the side characters who felt great to play.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
All of Sonic's friends. I won't pretend to know the right type of game for every single one of them, but I think they'd work better in their own games than in Sonic games.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil's Sheva in an actual survival horror game would be great, her character was fantastic regardless of my thoughts on RE5. Somewhere isolated in West Africa like a forest and you only play as her. With Josh as a supporting character. Maybe with proper zombies?

Knowing Capcom they would recast both but it would be cool to see them return.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe she doesn't count as a side character, but this is the platform that I have.

Merrin from Jedi: Fallen Order should be the playable protagonist of the sequel, instead of Cal Kestis.

EMTYl8KWkAIa8S3.jpg

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
People have already mentioned Sheva but I'd also add Josh from re5 aswell, I can totally see a more action RE game starring Josh