Which sound hit you the most?

• Q sound intro

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Neo Geo Intro

Votes: 83 76.1%

• Total voters

VoidShaman

Jul 11, 2023
I didn't even have to click to know the answer, and there it is. Neo-Geo all the way!

WoolieVs is partly responsible for that, to be fair.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Between these two choices, I'll have to go with Neo Geo. It still blew my mind at the time that a console existed that played arcade perfect games.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Q Sound reminded me of playing the Mega Man Power Battle games on the Anniversary Collection

That's some good nostalgia

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So many people here have never heard the NEO GEO sound...that's kinda criminal tbh. Some great games missed out on.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I use one of them (think it's the one from D&D TOD) as my ringtone. It's obscure & doesn't especially sound "video gamey."

But then I remove all doubt by having the Neo Geo "insert coin" jingle for incoming texts.

I use the Neo Geo insert coin for texts as well funnily enough, though my ringtone is the UNIEL character select screen instead (The piano just works really well for it).

Mar 17, 2024
I should note that it was more the more subdued, second half of the PlayStation BIOS sound (with the iconic PS-logo), which always felt like kind of a "relief", of "almost being there". Good times.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Q-Sound for me. Since a surprising amount of people are unfamiliar, these are the games that used the Q-Sound intro....

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Eco Fighters
Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom
Alien vs Predator
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters 3
Armoured Warriors
X-men: Children of the Atom
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Street Fighter Alpha
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Marvel Super Heroes
19XX: War against Destiny
Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows of Mystara
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Puzzle Fighter 2
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Star Gladiator
Quiz Nanairo Dreams
X-men vs Street Fighter
Street Fighter EX
Battle Circuit
Vampire Saviour
Vampire Saviour 2
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Capcom Sports Club
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Rival Schools
Marvel vs Capcom

There were a few other games like Strider 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 but they used a different jingle. Basically if you were playing CPS2 games between 1993 and 2000 then you should be familiar with the Q Sound tune.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWgGcRHCgU&pp=ygUXeC1tZW4gdnMgc3RyZWV0IGZpZ2h0ZXI%3D

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
Well, I guess that the Neo Geo jingle gives me nostalgia for the early days of the Switch. There wasn't much else on the eshop back then, so I gave some Arcade Archives Neo Geo games a chance.

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
I have a feeling the younger folks don't dive into MAME like us olds used to.
Why would they? If you're older, the point of diving into MAME and FinalBurn is to see more of these arcade games you might half remember from days long past.

But if you're young you don't have that context, and for your entire life arcades have only been Dave & Busters/Gameworks style fake ticket gambling parlors.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Q sound doesn't ring a bell, so Neo Geo wwins by default, tho my nostalgia gets hit the hardest by the Sega jingle.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
OP
OP
GameOver

GameOver

Jan 26, 2021
I'm surprised of the amount of people that have never heard the Qsound jingle or neither.

I guess Era skews younger than I thought?
If you were around Aracdes in the mid to late 90s there is no way you missed the Qsound jingle. Specially if you played any of the VS Capcom games.