Aug 12, 2019
We're officially in the worst and stupidest dystopia...

Fuck Bolsonaro and the fact that so few people actually care enough to even report on this properly. This should be the breaking news on every news channel until those fires are out. I don't care who you are, 20% of the Earth's Oxygen supply going away is a scary problem that literally impacts everyone... but I shouldn't be surprised that 40 years of climate science suppression leads to complete apathy from most of the population.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
That's cause a huge part of his electoral base consists of man-child gamers that think this is a great success for the government.

Most people couldn'tcare less about the Amazon if the dollar drops so that they can buy imported stuff more often.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here are my questions and this thread might be moved. Why wasn't Brazil invited to this G7 meeting? How is it other countries can make decisions for someone else's country?
Brazil isn't a G7 country, nor is it currently a guest country. Also, no decisions were made for one other country, simply a discussion took place in regards to an environmental disaster. G7 countries aren't dictating how Brazil should react, but it was stated that a country should not act in a way that causes environmental disasters that could affect the world.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Brazil isn't a G7 country, nor is it currently a guest country. Also, no decisions were made for one other country, simply a discussion took place in regards to an environmental disaster. G7 countries aren't dictating how Brazil should react, but it was stated that a country should not act in a way that causes environmental disasters that could affect the world.
Good point. Thank you Adamska.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dolar is 4.5 reais in Exchange offices, i remember the stories that dolar would get cheaper with him.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
He denied the 20 million because it is chump change to what it is worth exploiting and raping the Amazon for profit.

Besides it was that administrations version of Kellyanne Conway that threw out that very petty rejection.

Actually the total money trown in the trash by bolsonaro for amazon is almost reaching 4 mensalões

he denied R$150 millions from Germany, R$134 millions from norway and now R$82 millions from G7

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Let's not forget that this tax reduction helped Sony stop making PS4's in Brazil. They were also helped by the real devaluing.

Close industry jobs to own the libs.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Btw,i just checked: 2400 Brazilian reals is about $574...for base PS4.Pro is $670.

That conversion is meaningless because it doesnt take into account minimum wage and how much the average worker earns per hour.

In practice, videogames are much much more expensive here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
That's why they call him Tropical Trump. Trump would be doing the same thing in his position. It's why the alt right fascist movement sweeping the globe (that Gamergate played a big role in its formation) is literally destroying the planet.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaaah so that's why Shuhei Yoshida retweeted a Playstation VR ad made by him

Who the fuck needs a planet when we can sell more plastic and get richer-er am I right

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
That conversion is meaningless because it doesnt take into account minimum wage and how much the average worker earns per hour.

In practice, videogames are much much more expensive here.
Yep

Realistically speaking the PS4's price is equivalent of a very decent monthly salary, equivalent of like 3 minimum wages.

In order to purchase one with the money I make now I'd need to spend most of the money I make in 2 months.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Btw,i just checked: 2400 Brazilian reals is about $574...for base PS4.Pro is $670.

As mudanças de preços são as seguintes:
• PlayStation 4 – de R$ 2599 por R$ 2399
• PlayStation 4 Pro – de R$ 2999 por R$ 2799
• PlayStation VR headset – de R$ 2799 por R$ 2599
• Controle wireless DUALSHOCK 4 (Black) – de R$ 259 por R$ 249
• Controle wireless DUALSHOCK 4 (cores adicionais) – de R$ 279 por R$ 269

for the pro :
PlayStation 4 Pro – de R$ 2999 por R$ 2799
hm0gNFm.png
QVCdF4s.png

it is a 48 dollars reduction

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I want you guys to imagine a constant string of existential embarrassment

That's what this presidency has been like

I can't even enjoy the final boss theme of Sonic 06 anymore (one of the few good things about that game) because he linked to it on Twitter and now the comment sections on YT are filled with bolsobots

Like, your President is a gamer?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I understand how having such a terrible leader in a catastrophic event can make you angry.

But I feel like you are mixing the issue with a non-related topic. It doesn't make sense to me.
Price reduction seems to be good (Brazilians often complain about prices on Era), and this has nothing to do with the Amazon fires.
In a vacuum reducing prices on video games is a good thing. But when you have the Amazon Forest literally burning down and you also just rejected aid to help fight the fires it makes people question your priorities. It doesn't help that it took global condemnation and protests from the locals to make him start taking the fires serious.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When I helped urge gamer makers to try and make a cultural impact, this isn't what I was asking for. :/

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what his radicalized right youth base actually cares about.

This guy is the devil, the attempt on his life was probably orchestrated so he could grab the presidency and fuck the world like he's doing.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The Amazon is "in flames" every year at this time of the year.
It's just that this time people are making a big fuss about it, specially after macron's comment (which was an excuse to back out of the Euro/Mercosul Deal).

Bolsonaro is taking about the reduction of taxes on videogames and still whatever he says this days is something people use against him...

He is not perfect by any means, but people are like:

Bolsonaro "I cured cancer"
People "what good is that if our lungs are burning"

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And to think that we are sill living the aftermath caused by the George W. Bush administration... After Trump, Bolsonaro, Duterte, Boris... there will be nothing : /

OP
OP
Baccus

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It's just that this time people are making a big fuss about it, specially after macron's comment (which was an excuse to back out of the Euro/Mercosul Deal).
Was it not the NOGs last weeK? when did things change?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

Yes, there are fires in the Amazon every year but this year there has been a dramatic increase of 84%. This has been attributed to the president's policies on the environment and agriculture. So, I don't think it's just business as usual in the Amazon as you seem to suggest. You can always read up on this situation and inform yourself here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973

drag00n18

Banned
Dec 7, 2018
These types of threads go no where. Many/most comments make blanket statements that are never challenged or corrected.There is so much misinformation regarding the Amazon fires it's insane. If I got all of my news from Leonardo DiCaprio and other celebrities I suppose I'd be in an uproar as well :-/

I think it's a great thing that the cost of gaming is potentially going down in Brazil. It doesn't matter who the president may be at the time.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So after a price cut it's 2400 R which is ~$570? Huh
That's an insane price for a 6 year old console

drag00n18

Banned
Dec 7, 2018
Yes, there are fires in the Amazon every year but this year there has been a dramatic increase of 84%. This has been attributed to the president's policies on the environment and agriculture. So, I don't think it's just business as usual in the Amazon as you seem to suggest. You can always read up on this situation and inform yourself here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973

The number of fires in 2019 is indeed higher than in 2018, however it's just 7% higher than the average over the last 10 years ago. You can make the math look really horrible depending on what your comparing.

When the Workers Party was in power, years 2003-2008 had the highest incidence of burning. Funny that the former president and environment secretary weren't blamed.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
It doesn't really matter, really

It affects probably 10% of the PS4 potential buyers around here

Most people buy it from sellers that brings the consoles from Paraguay and such without paying taxes

So instead of paying R$ 2.500,00 at stores, people buy it from those sellers at R$ 1.400,00 or so, even less.

I don't know one person around here who bought a console from an "official seller"

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's interesting the amount of right-loving alt accounts that are coming in here to defend the Brazilian President.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cut taxation, make people lose their jobs.

Fuckin profit. Also why do we still have clowns defending this piece of shit in every thread?

Because it's a gaming forum. Even if this is ERA, gaming is dominated by certain toxic ideologies, and radicalized alt-right fuckers.

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
These types of threads go no where. Many/most comments make blanket statements that are never challenged or corrected.There is so much misinformation regarding the Amazon fires it's insane. If I got all of my news from Leonardo DiCaprio and other celebrities I suppose I'd be in an uproar as well :-/

I think it's a great thing that the cost of gaming is potentially going down in Brazil. It doesn't matter who the president may be at the time.
Enlighten us on the Amazon fires then.

Oct 27, 2017
Price reductions are always good news. Sony (allegedly) ceasing local production in favor of importing, not so much. But this is the same guy that desperately wants his friend Macri to win the election here in Argentina, to save us from "communism". A man who literally destroyed our country's industry with his "let's import everything, fuck the jobs" policy. Makes sense.
Bolsonaro "I cured cancer"
People "what good is that if our lungs are burning"
Disgusting.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Voto no bolsonaro no segundo turno. Espero que o Brasil supere essa crise política. Não existem santos nessa história, apenas nós, vítimas desse sistema.

Eu acredito que todos querem o bem do país. No entanto, eu julgo o PT por suas ações e palavras. Ninguém que apoia ditaduras pode ter boas intenções. Então, se for para
Votar no errado ou no incerto, voto no incerto.

Boa sorte a nós irmãos brasileiros!
The OP is completely out of contest.
In Brazil, we are fighting to decrease gaming costs to developers and consumers.

Bolsonaro is right now having a big reunion with all governors from Amazon. This threadshould be closed, even though Bolsonaro is a jackass most of the time.

Fuck you :)

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Seems like a good move, but brazil still has a long way to go untill they have consoles at a fair price. Even if the minimal wages in the country is lower than most contries, the consoles, even with the tax reduction, are way more expensive than most contries.

Coments from brasilian ppl in another place just say buying in grey market is pretty much the only viable option to purchase new consoles, unless your rich.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
The number of fires in 2019 is indeed higher than in 2018, however it's just 7% higher than the average over the last 10 years ago. You can make the math look really horrible depending on what your comparing.

When the Workers Party was in power, years 2003-2008 had the highest incidence of burning. Funny that the former president and environment secretary weren't blamed.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Last time I checked, the one who defended actual dictatorships from Brazil's past was Bolsonaro himself. I think that guy is a little bit confused! Haha.
I think he's referring to lula campaigning for Maduro which unfortunately did actually happen.

Nobody who votes for Bolsonaro has any ground to throw that stone though.