Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got the first 1200 and never the second 600. Literally nothing about my income changed. Just assuming I'm gonna get fucked on this one too and if not it'll be a pleasent surprise. Not gonna set myself up for disappointment.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This weekend? Means I won't see it for a week then. My family got their checks before I got mine both times before.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got the last stimmy three days after it was signed so hoping my credit union is awesome again

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
How do I apply for this if I didn't do anything to get the first batches (TurboTax gave them to me automatically when I did my taxes last month)

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do I apply for this if I didn't do anything to get the first batches (TurboTax gave them to me automatically when I did my taxes last month)

In theory you shouldn't have to do anything if TurboTax has your bank information or mailing address but they also fucked up last time.

So I guess wait and see what instructions appear on the IRS website.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I owed last year, so will have to wait for a check again. Last time (the $600 one), didn't end up waiting that long, maybe 2 weeks. So getting the check by end of this month would be great.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are some people getting the checks through Turbo Tax rather than through their bank? Genuinely curious.

Edit: Errrr... Or is it that the government determines how to pay you based on how you filed your taxes? Because I filed through Turbo Tax, and I guess I wasn't unlucky enough to have delayed payments on the last 2 stimulus checks.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Why are some people getting the checks through Turbo Tax rather than through their bank? Genuinely curious.

Edit: Errrr... Or is it that the government determines how to pay you based on how you filed your taxes? Because I filed through Turbo Tax, and I guess I wasn't unlucky enough to have delayed payments on the last 2 stimulus checks.
You put your bank info into TT.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to give the government your bank info? It's annoying to have to wait for a check. I filed for 2019 tax return but didn't get a refund, ie, I had to pay money. But for some reason that wasn't good enough even though they have my bank account info as they took money out of it. Seems like it only worked if the government deposited a check as a tax return?

Oct 25, 2017

Did you have TurboTax deduct their fee from your refund? Or did you pay their fee directly and receive the full refund via direct deposit into your bank account.

If the former, they fucked that up before, so who knows. If the latter you should be fine.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to give the government your bank info? It's annoying to have to wait for a check. I filed for 2019 tax return but didn't get a refund, ie, I had to pay money. But for some reason that wasn't good enough even though they have my bank account info as they took money out of it. Seems like it only worked if the government deposited a check as a tax return?
There's a non-filers page. Should open up soon.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
welp unless they set up a site again, they are going to try to deposit my stimulus into a closed account like the $600

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I got the pity 600 on 1/1/21 12 am ON THE DOT, was actually pissed at how easy it was for them to do that.

Because of how fucking hard to get to that point in the first place. Hell even in this instance!

Whatever, give me my bread.

Oct 25, 2017

They had one for the very first stimulus, but unlikely to roll it out again. They didn't for the second stimulus.

This is hard to explain... but payments to the IRS, even via their own portal, are treated as separate from the tax filing completely and do not confer permission to deposit funds into an account. Refund DD info is actually on your tax return and includes said permission.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Depends on how you decide to pay for TurboTax I believe. If you paid for it with your tax refund TT opens an intermediate account to process their fee before forwarding the money to your account. The issue with the last stimulus is that TT had already closed the accounts used for last year so the wire transfers bounced back to the irs. It shouldnt be an issue if you recently filed or paid with your money upfront.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

Me and wife got both checks through our bank, on time, and we always filed through Turbo Tax too.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the first stimulus deposit straight to our bank account. We were sent a check for the second. Will I get a check again for this one you think?

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Got the 600 like right away after it was signed so I'll be keeping an eye out. With Wells Fargo here.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
I got the first 1200 and never the second 600. Literally nothing about my income changed. Just assuming I'm gonna get fucked on this one too and if not it'll be a pleasent surprise. Not gonna set myself up for disappointment.
you can claim them on your tax return if they never sent it to you so you didn't miss out on it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I was one of the people that got screwed by TurboTax and only got the money because I was able to update my direct deposit information on time when they alerted me to it.

They should be using that information this time, right?