Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Checked my status for the first time this year and got this message:

"We scheduled your payment to be mailed on April 2, 2021 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

I guess this is good news? I guess this means I'm finally getting a stimulus?

(Note: these aren't rhetorical questions. I've so resigned myself to never getting a stimulus, I'm struggling to process what precisely this means.)

Did you end up getting yours? This is the exact message my parents got and they still haven't gotten theirs (today is Friday). It's been a week since Friday.

Also, they were originally supposed to get it via direct deposit but then it switched to this. What if they don't get it? This is so freaking weird. Who do they even go to if they don't get it? They desperately need it.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Got mine.

I really need to upgrade my PC (new motherboard/CPU/GPU) but everything is so expensive now I'll probably just wait it out.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I got my initial thing a week ago (5600 for me and three kids) and today I got 3 different deposits of 1400. I'm confused and scared lol. What if they want it back?
Was it stimulus or a tax refund?

In either event, if you receive funds you're not entitled to, the IRS will come looking for it next tax season. If you have access, your online IRS account may have information about what exactly they think they've been sending to you.

Also, they were originally supposed to get it via direct deposit but then it switched to this. What if they don't get it? This is so freaking weird. Who do they even go to if they don't get it? They desperately need it.
It can take up to 4 weeks. If the IRS said it was being issued, it will be issued and sent however they say it will be sent.

The process for if it never shows up is boring. You'll almost certainly never need to use it.

I really need to upgrade my PC (new motherboard/CPU/GPU) but everything is so expensive now I'll probably just wait it out.
If you don't mind settling for Intel (imagine typing that out 5 years ago), you can probably get everything but the GPU for ~$800-1K right now.

GPU is out of the question, though.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Did you end up getting yours? This is the exact message my parents got and they still haven't gotten theirs (today is Friday). It's been a week since Friday.

I did today, finally. I'll admit, I wouldn't allow myself to actually believe it until I saw that check in the mail today. Seems Murphy's Law has been such the order of the day the past few years, good news tends to violate all credibility for me. Relieved af, though, because there are several things I've desperately needed for a long time that I can now finally afford.

Anyway, from what my bestie tells me per the IRS, it can take up to 7 business days to receive a mailed payment from the date of dispatch. Came in right at five full days for me. I hope your parents get yours soon.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Was it stimulus or a tax refund?

In either event, if you receive funds you're not entitled to, the IRS will come looking for it next tax season. If you have access, your online IRS account may have information about what exactly they think they've been sending to you.

It can take up to 4 weeks. If the IRS said it was being issued, it will be issued and sent however they say it will be sent.

The process for if it never shows up is boring. You'll almost certainly never need to use it.

If you don't mind settling for Intel (imagine typing that out 5 years ago), you can probably get everything but the GPU for ~$800-1K right now.

GPU is out of the question, though.
Nothing wrong with 'settling for Intel'. Just because AMD has improved (something that was a long time coming) doesn't mean Intel is suddenly no good.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, from what my bestie tells me per the IRS, it can take up to 7 business days to receive a mailed payment from the date of dispatch. Came in right at five full days for me. I hope your parents get yours soon.
The stimulus can take longer. Especially with the mail system so backed up.

Official guidance is 4 weeks maximum from the time they say the payment was sent.

If it says it was sent, it will be in the mail (unless it gets stolen or something). If it's undeliverable, the status will change on the site.

Nothing wrong with 'settling for Intel'. Just because AMD has improved (something that was a long time coming) doesn't mean Intel is suddenly no good.
Of course. If I were building a system right now, I'd happily "settle" for an i5-11600K for ~$270.

But it won't be the best system, and that's a compromise a lot of people might not want to make. It's just that the AMD processors are in such short supply and are commanding an unreasonable premium, so if you want the best but need it now, you have to "settle" for Intel.

Which again is an amazing thing to be saying.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
My coworker and his wife never received their $600 or $1400 checks. They both got their $1200 last May. What can they do?

CGS

Oct 27, 2017
My check was apparently mailed March 26th and I haven't gotten it. For some reason also I received my other 2 stimulus via direct deposit yet this one was mailed. I called the support number and they told me it might take 4 weeks if not to call after :/. I went back to my usps informed delivery just in case and nothing. Anyone else with a similar situation?

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My check was apparently mailed March 26th and I haven't gotten it. For some reason also I received my other 2 stimulus via direct deposit yet this one was mailed. I called the support number and they told me it might take 4 weeks if not to call after :/. I went back to my usps informed delivery just in case and nothing. Anyone else with a similar situation?

Had the opposite situation where first 2 were mailed but 3rd was direct deposited. I knew they had my bank account info. Think Trump was trolling my ass.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Of course. If I were building a system right now, I'd happily "settle" for an i5-11600K for ~$270.

But it won't be the best system, and that's a compromise a lot of people might not want to make. It's just that the AMD processors are in such short supply and are commanding an unreasonable premium, so if you want the best but need it now, you have to "settle" for Intel.

Which again is an amazing thing to be saying.
You'll never build the best system (and this is coming from someone who 'settled' in 2020 with a 10980XE). Point is you can't go wrong with either option, no matter which one garners better performance. Were I currently in the market for a proc, and couldn't afford an Extreme Edition, I'd not feel bad for grabbing either a 10900K nor 11900K. Both fantastic procs for gaming!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
My coworker and his wife never received their $600 or $1400 checks. They both got their $1200 last May. What can they do?
Check the status on the website for the $1400 payment. That's all they can do with that one for now.

For the $600, they'll need to claim the recovery credit when they file their 2020 taxes.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain what's going on? My ex's $1400 check just came in the mail but we also just received a $1467 check too with both of our names on it. I already got mine directed deposited a few weeks ago. Any idea what this extra check is? Should I not deposit it?

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
The website still says unavailable for me. And no checks nor deposit. Probably won't get it like a lot of people

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I just checked my bank account this morning and it shows a $600 stimulus deposit!!! Get my payment is still show NOT AVAILABLE so is this the second stimulus that I never got??? Also IRS finally updated and said they got my tax refund so I hope I get the $1400 soon...

Edit: looks like this might be the $600 California stimulus. Completely forgot about that one!

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Awesome!

I just got an update as well.

Screenshot_20210423-174029_Chrome.jpg

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Still no payment date for us. We got the first two stimulus payments right away, and got our federal tax refund back in March. All by direct deposit.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Still no payment date on mine and my husband. I don't understand how we got the first one, had to claim the second one and now nothing on the 3rd one.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Brother called the IRS and they basically said he's fucked on the Stimulus until he gets his tax refund. He's filed in early February and is still waiting. It's been 3 months under "review"

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Turbotax wouldn't let us file electronically due to how my wife's work issued a separate W-2 for a different state with only state tax and no federal tax on it.

So we had to mail in our returns this year. Both state revenue offices have contacted us since so I know the mail got through.

Apparently the IRS is so incredibly backlogged it could be months before we ever hear anything.

Right now when I go to check:

tenor.gif

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
At this rate people are going to be getting their Unemployment Tax Refunds before other people even get their first stimulus or original tax refunds.

Would a separate thread be needed for the UE refund deal? Sorry don't want to derail.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I didn't do my taxes last year, but did both this year. If I'm not mistaken they look at your 2019 taxes right. I checked and nothing comes up for me. So am I out of luck? I was able to get the $600 one bundled in my tax return. I'm guessing I'll have to claim it with my 2021 taxes.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Bonus!

Just got my 1400 for my son that was born in December. I already got the rest a couple of months ago. I guess it all came through after we filed taxes and theirs finished up with processed all of that.

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
I just got my state $600 check in the mail last week. Still nothing on the larger check. But at least getting the smaller gives me hope. Or suffering to wait I dunno