Oct 27, 2017
I'm at my Dad's house right now. They are very white and they voted for Trump. And they've got 3-4 Christmasie mini sombreros on the tree.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had my birthday at a Mexican restaurant and the staff forceibly put a sombrero on my head sang a song and gave me a shot of tequila. Fried Ice cream too.

What should I have done op?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Can Mexico Era tell me why this is bad?
Is not bad, OP is dumb and is trying to create controversy out of nthing, with all due respect
EVERYONE CAN USE A SOMBRERO IN MEXICO
images

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Unless you're doing some super racist satire of Mexican culture, I don't think Mexicans have some issue with people all around the world owning sombreros, do they?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
> Voted for Trump
> Decorates Christmas tree using sombreros

Wut?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Unless you're doing some super racist satire of Mexican culture, I don't think Mexicans have some issue with people all around the world owning sombreros, do they?
The most used sombrero is the white cowboy sombrero, and that was created by USA cowboys, so, that would be hypocrite to say the least.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018

No, like we don't care. I'm more intrigued by the fact someone made a connection between sombreros and Christmas.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think the weird,problematic, contradictory stuff is to use sombreros and vote for trump, since trump hates mexico.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Aren't some levels of appropriation ok? I mean, it's a cute touristy thing the country itself probably sells as an image and a product for others to enjoy. Like wooden clogs, cowboy hats, and... other things I thought of when starting this post but already forgotten. I don't know if it qualifies as some kind of offensive cultural appropriation.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I immediately started thinking of Brock Lesnar dancing in a sombrero during his fued with Eddie. Classic.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, and nobody who isn't Swedish should be allowed to shop at IKEA either...