• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
White supremacy constitutes a "trans-national" threat, the UN secretary general has warned.

Antonio Guterres also said racist groups had exploited the coronavirus pandemic to boost their support.

The danger was growing by the day, he told the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on Monday.

He said: "White supremacy and neo-Nazi movements are more than domestic terror threats. They are becoming a transnational threat.

"Today, these extremist movements represent the number one internal security threat in several countries.

"Far too often, these hate groups are cheered on by people in positions of responsibility in ways that were considered unimaginable not long ago.

"We need global coordinated action to defeat this grave and growing danger."

www.independent.co.uk

White supremacy a global threat, says UN chief

‘These extremist movements represent the number one internal security threat in several countries,’ Antonio Guterres warns

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
No shit. Always has been. Colonialism and imperialism were never something that stayed within borders.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I just find it infuriating that these fuckers in power take this long to state the obvious, but don't do shit about it in their lifetime.

Granted, there are some countries who actually take this stuff seriously, but we all know the ones who don't. And likely won't.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Here in the UK it's a serious problem especially as they are using social media to radicalise more people and plan their attacks.

Same for most of mainland Europe as well.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I just find it infuriating that these fuckers in power take this long to state the obvious, but don't do shit about it in their lifetime.

Granted, there are some countries who actually take this stuff seriously, but we all know the ones who don't. And likely won't.

I mean, part of the problem is that the people in power ARE the White Supremacists.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
4OxbYNZ.jpg

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but France told me that American Universities are the greatest threat. Who should I believe?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So basically white supremacists are now affecting other white people and white people money?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Trump and his kind are very effective at capturing working class whites because they offer these people, who feel downtrodden to an extent, an opportunity to feel superior through thier whiteness. This is very easily exploitable and when coupled with the standard othering and "taking our jerbs" rhetoric it will be an ongoing problem, especially after all the job loss from Covid.

Hopefully more social media responsibility can curb some of the bullshit but if Trump gets his Facebook voice back then...

Oct 27, 2017
Trump and his kind are very effective at capturing working class whites because they offer these people, who feel downtrodden to an extent, an opportunity to feel superior through thier whiteness. This is very easily exploitable and when coupled with the standard othering and "taking our jerbs" rhetoric it will be an ongoing problem, especially after all the job loss from Covid.

Hopefully more social media responsibility can curb some of bullshit but if Trump gets his Facebook voice back then...
So like always? Making white people feel superior ain't a new trick in the book.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
I read the first couple pages of the France thread, FWIW.
Lol, the fact that you think that that is enough to have an understanding of what's happening is pretty telling.
To give you an idea, on tv here, it's been a ballet of sociologists, historians and politicians burying her to the ground. So please, don't equate a whole country to what a huge cunt has said, especially in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, the fact that you think that that is enough to have an understanding of what's happening is pretty telling.
To give you an idea, on tv here, it's been a ballet of sociologists, historians and politicians burying her to the ground. So please, don't equate a whole country to what a huge cunt has said, especially in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

The fact that you think my post was meant to be completely serious is the real problem here, I think.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
So basically white supremacists are now affecting other white people and white people money?

The brand is expanding. These last five years have been better than our shareholders could have ever dreamed! We've got growth in new markets we never expected!

newrepublic.com

Why White Supremacists Are Hooked on Green Living

Eco-fascism is fashionable again on the far right, thanks to a rise in global temperatures and anti-immigrant nationalism.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So like always? Making white people feel superior ain't a new trick in the book.

No of course not but every so often certain demagogs come along that are very effective at elevating it. Covid unemployment will also be a large factor. Most importantly he needs to stay deplatformed. There are many politicians like him but he is very clearly the head of the snake. Even in Q protest videos the world over, they look to Trump.

Lcs

Aug 9, 2018
www1.folha.uol.com.br

Toffoli aponta financiamento internacional a ataques antidemocráticos no Brasil

Segundo ministro do Supremo, quebra de sigilos bancários mostra que investigados não são 'um grupo de malucos'

Coincidentally, yesterday a brazilian Supreme Court Justice said in an interview that they have uncovered foreign financing for acts and demonstrations orchestrated against Congress, the Supreme Court and democracy itself, you know, the usual far-right talking points.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
No shit. Who the fuck thinks it is just a one-country issue? It's a fucking global problem that has been raging on since the start of time.

It may be obvious but most people, even on this forum, their first response is to always play devils advocate, victim blame, muddy the waters somehow, have an anecdote about being the only kid that got beat up by blacks, etc... Or that EU/Other places arent as bad off as America when it comes to white supremacy.

The data has really been pouring in, which was always obvious. But its gratifying to have it be noted for the record books, again.