Who is cooler, Vergil or Sephiroth?

• Vergil

Votes: 628 58.8%
  • Sephiroth

Votes: 440 41.2%

• Total voters

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nothing complicated, don't overthink it.

ZM5uanD.jpg

sephiroth-ff7-remake.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cooler - Vergil

Better character - Seph

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Vergil in DMC 5 is one of the coolest villains ever. Daniel Southworth's performance and the RE Engine's performance capture/animations bumped him to a different stratosphere for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the original FFVII so I can't speak to Sephiroth there but the one in remake sucks. It felt like they were catering to fans of the original while newcomers never got a sense of why he was such a threat or what his motivation was. Vergil is a fun playable character in many DMC games so he's cooler by default.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Vergil. Cooler, better character, better look, better boss fights, and he's an absolute stud as a fighting game character.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Cool factor in my opinion immediately goes to Vergil. There are plenty of other aspects that Sephiroth wins in, but Vergil is dripping with cool.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Never played the original FFVII so I can't speak to Sephiroth there but the one in remake sucks. It felt like they were catering to fans of the original while newcomers never got a sense of why he was such a threat or what his motivation was. Vergil is a fun playable character in many DMC games so he's cooler by default.

My experience in a nutshell...

The worst parts of remake were everything that featured Sephiroth, he was a terrible terrible villain and fighting him at the end of FF7R had absolutely no impact for me and soured the experienced all the more for me.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
DMC3 Vergil would be the pick for me

But DMC5 Vergil's hair is so very, very, very dorky that Sephiroth takes it in this comparison

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Vergil, looking at Sephiroth's votes: "Give that to me"

Sephiroth: "No way, you got your own"

Vergil: "Well I want yours, too"

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't think I've once been impressed by anything Sephiroth has done aside from his OG Supernova. Meanwhile Vergil has always had me smiling, be it because or in spite of his stereotypical nature.

Judgement Cut and Summon Swords help a lot too.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Vergil may be less popular, but he's cooler. Sephiroth is okay, but I don't think FF7R did him justice, and even in his best portrayal he's pretty much built up by the characters pursuing him when he himself isn't much.

Vergil was cool because it was well established in DMC3 he was Dante's equal, and that carries over into 4 and 5. Sephiroth is tucked away somewhere until the end of FF7 really.

Sephiroth is damn boring.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil. And it's not even close. I wouldn't call sephiroth "cool" in anyway shape or form. He has actually never done anything "cool". He's more "evil" than vergil that's for sure. Which is hilarious considering who or what vergil is.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Sephiroth isn't "cool", he has an almost ethereal, majestic aura. It's glorious. And he's the more interesting character.

Vergil is on the other hand very cool and oozes of style.

Jan 10, 2018
I've only played DMC3 and I cringed everytime Vergil made an appearance. I don't think Sephiroth is cool per se but he'a more impactful as a boss character. There are so many great iconic scenes with him.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Vergil is cool in that "he tries so hard to be cool that he's so lame that it loops back to being cool" way.

Sephiroth is as cool as a fresh wet fart.

May 15, 2019
Sephiroth was always the weakest part of FF7. He's barely a character and more like a human mcguffin to move the plot along.

Vergil is kind of a dork but a lot of his kit is pretty cool.