• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
BOY I AM

Today's hot news:
+Got a letter from Sterling. He ran 14 miles the other day.
+Sahara is in town. Got a stripe carpet and a shanty wall.
+Ganon wanted to give something to Medli but I was too busy/scared
+Molly gave me a blue diamond shirt
+No one is in the cafe

House completely paid off, got about 200k bells on me.

The 2020 crew:
0VgfMtX.png
dVNveuM.png
pgttNYY.png
E6u9dgF.png
eR6unen.png

R2V9iMG.png
OSaq2Uh.png
zFlVDvu.png

1HvYBdi.png
haHoXBu.png

Molly, Lyman, Flora, and Bree have been in my town since DAY ONE. That's real dedication.

ps don't forget to build a snowman

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually thinking about diving back in for a little bit before New Horizon's release.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Heck yes I am.

Couldn't get the zodiac rat item until this year without time travel, and you better believe I ain't cheating like that.

pSvFM6E.png

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have somehow never played an Animal Crossing game despite loving these sorts of games. I thought about going back and playing this one or the Gamecube one but I think I'm going to wait and start with New Horizons when it releases.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I do, but I think the game is pretty bad (for an AC title). The reason I still play is to play Puzzle League. It's the only full screen version of the game on 3DS. Why Nintendo keeps neglecting that series, I'll never understand.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I sold my 3DS when the switch arrived so I can't play it anymore. I do still have the wii and gamecube games and hopefully the save files still for those but most of my gaming stuff is still in boxes while I am looking for a new residence. Guess I'll just have to wait for new horizons.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I started playing the GCN game again in December but quit recently. Didn't want to get burned out before New Horizons.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to because I have nothing else to play, but like other folks in here are saying, I don't want to get tired of Animal Crossing before New Horizons comes out.

I wish it wasn't coming out at the very end of Q1, I would love to play it now lol. Would've been nice to spend the cold winter playing through it like I did City Folk over a decade ago.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, but of course I forgot to get the zodiac rat.

Anyone able to do the bean festival in Japan in February? For 6 years I've been trying to find someone to help me get the oni masks...

I have somehow never played an Animal Crossing game despite loving these sorts of games. I thought about going back and playing this one or the Gamecube one but I think I'm going to wait and start with New Horizons when it releases.
If new horizons sucks, definitely try out GC.

I wonder if modders can one day put multiplayer into the GC version?
I never did unlock the police station. :(
It's pretty worthless, honestly. Can't even get good gossip in there.

komodothefist

Oct 30, 2017
My hunger for new horizons got to me and I popped open my old new leaf town about two weeks ago. The last time I had played was in 2016! It's really easy to just slip into the animal crossing groove again. My current goals are to finish the ice furniture set, fund the cafe, and get Paula to move the heck out of my town.
CpyzpsM.png

Get outta here!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
If Puzzle League doesn't return I will be pretty sad. I love the AC version.

lBIhFfd.png

It's especially cool that earning achievements in this game gets you stuff to use back in Animal Crossing proper, such as a full Lip outfit (wig, dress and boots) or Puzzle League wallpaper and carpet.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I had to close that chapter on my life. Reminds me too much of my ex. I'll be starting fresh with New Horizon. New Leaf was hands down my game of the generation though. :D

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am still playing New Leaf, I am wondering if anyone can help though, I am sure I have sold my Golden Axe at Retail, does anyone know how I can get it back?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I booted it up today actually. It was awful. Everything felt small and cramped and awkward and ugly compared to New Horizons :(

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I've been popping in every day for the last two weeks to breed the last remaining flower hybrids I never got in the run up to New Horizons. Just got my last hybrid, purple pansy, today.

My town is pretty impressive. Got 8+ million bells in the bank. All buildings and upgrades. Flowers galore, dozen of perfect pear trees. Pretty decent villagers; Eugene, Walker, Limberg, Tom, Flip, Shep, Lily, Ruby, Cesar and Graham.

I've gotten like 18 Jacob's Ladders for having a perfect town. Fully upgraded house, obviously all paid off and a HHA score of 150k.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
I started playing again at the start of this month and was surprised that my town wasn't completely abandoned. I've been playing every day since and found a few more surprises, such as:
  • I never finished paying off the fortune teller's shop.
  • I never finished paying off my last house upgrade.
  • I thought I completed the museum, but apparently didn't complete the fine art section.
  • Pretty much forgot about the RV camp ground and have done nothing there.
  • I've got a small garden of golden roses and some Jacob's ladders (the latter of which showed up after I got rid of all the weeds).
  • I've got groves of all the fruit trees except for peaches. Never did manage to get any of those.
I swear, this is like a halfway new game to me already. I might play my New Leaf town on my commute and my New Horizons town at home, once next Friday rolls around... assuming that I still have a commute due to coronavirus. I'm working from home through the end of next week and I'm not sure what my company is gonna do after that.