• Ms Marvel

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Carlie Cooper

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Based on the Batman thread a while back, I think the wall crawler deserves his own thread due to how many love interests he has had over the years. So who do you think is his greatest love interest

Mary Jane

intro-1563835317.jpg

Gwen Stacy

65f7f2faa0ee2e0e07eb1de02a0cee43.png

Black Cat

latest

Betty Brant

peter-parker-betty-brant-featured.jpg

Silk

6dc1e25b2c7b08f2fb15c3743872dbc4.jpg

Ms. Marvel

like.jpg

Carlie Cooper

spidermancarliecooper11.jpg

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
wow, i'm so out of the loop on the spiderverse that I didn't even know about any of the ones past Gwen. I guess of the two I know, it has to be MJ

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Stan Lee always felt Peter Parker and Mary Jane was the ultimate Comic Book couple.
So in that case, word of god has spoken and answered the question you had already.
That means, in the almighty word of Stan Lee....
giphy.gif

No more words or answers might be needed in this thread when Stan the Man's word already answers the question in the thread title already anyways.
Can't get anymore clearer and definitive than the very words said from one of Spidey's co-creators himself.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I'm still an issue or two after gwen died, and MJ and Peter aren't a thing yet. So it's easily Gwen. I do like how cagey they were when introducing Mary Jane though. They did it at least one more time.
86376.jpg.18ded5d6b0df46b84fb8a5821ee5b717.jpg

May 24, 2019

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Saw Stan Lee in person and he was asked who his favorite non-powered character in Marvel was. He went with MJ. Even after Quesada broke Peter and MJ up in One More Day, he kept them together in his daily strips.
mJrAvEh.jpg

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's Gwen. They had to grudge her to make MJ a thing and she's as important to his motivation as Uncle Ben. Her and Norman (and his coming back was shit) was all bullshit brought to you by the same people that took away his marriage to MJ, which after Gwens death was also right and proper and not only should they have stayed married they should have a kid by now.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't know Spiderman was a playa.
Always remember Peter wasn't the stuffed in lockers head in toilet loser the Raimi movies portrayed him as, he was only the nerd of his group, which was the popular kids mostly because he'd skip after school hanging to go to science fairs, and Flash Thompson and him hated each other because they were rivals for Liz Allen and she refused to actually choose between the two and strung them both along.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Gwen. They had to grudge her to make MJ a thing and she's as important to his motivation as Uncle Ben. Her and Norman (and his coming back was shit) was all bullshit brought to you by the same people that took away his marriage to MJ, which after Gwens death was also right and proper and not only should they have stayed married they should have a kid by now.
We were robbed of May Parker Spider-Girl :'(
latest

At least there is the Spiderverse.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Always remember Peter wasn't the stuffed in lockers head in toilet loser the Raimi movies portrayed him as, he was only the nerd of his group, which was the popular kids mostly because he'd skip after school hanging to go to science fairs, and Flash Thompson and him hated each other because they were rivals for Liz Allen and she refused to actually choose between the two and strung them both along.
It kinda drives me crazy when I see people say any Peter Parker isn't dorky enough. Again I'm 40 years behind, but I've never seen him as a dork or meek. I can see how characters think he's cowardly for running away. But it's like you say, he stands up for himself constantly, often while offering up knuckle sandwiches.

I'm sure it happens at some point, but I have yet to see it.

He always seems to have 2 love interests.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
C'mon, it's MJ no doubt about it.

I always like the dynamic between Spidey and Black Cat, but that doesn't make her his 'greatest love interest'.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It kinda drives me crazy when I see people say any Peter Parker isn't dorky enough. Again I'm 40 years behind, but I've never seen him as a dork or meek. I can see how characters think he's cowardly for running away. But it's like you say, he stands up for himself constantly, often while offering up knuckle sandwiches.

I'm sure it happens at some point, but I have yet to see it.

He always seems to have 2 love interests.
The funniest part is the majority of peter's "cowardice" is the fact if he hits a normal guy with a regular punch he would take their head off, and the amount of punch pulling he needs to do (he once knocked flash out by literally flicking his wrist, thank god no one saw) would have people asking questions in itself.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Black Cat more but it's MJ.

btw what ever happened with Silk? I forgot she was a thing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's Mary Jane. The set-up is incredible, and her character development might rival Peter's own.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My heart says Gwen because tragic love story...
But ny brain cannot deny the inevitability: it's MJ.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's Mary Jane. The set-up is incredible, and her character development might rival Peter's own.
Stealth sections aside I love how she was portrayed in the PS4 game, having them break up due to her agency and refusing g to be anything but peters equal partner both with and without his other persona, anyone writing her in any medium going forward should be taking notes.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stealth sections aside I love how she was portrayed in the PS4 game, having them break up due to her agency and refusing g to be anything but peters equal partner both with and without his other persona, anyone writing her in any medium going forward should be taking notes.

Insomniac's MJ is still behind comic's MJ, who has been picking up baseball bats and beating the shit out of super villains for over 20 years. (She really isn't depicted as a damsel-in-distress in the comics as often as the Raimi movies would lead you to believe.)