Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Yakuza 6

Yakuza Dead Souls

Yakuza Ishin (Takechi Hanpeita)

Judgment

rare

Oct 25, 2017
i'm caught between ishin, 2 and judgment tbh.
all the final boss fights in the series are great.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
Aizawa was one of my favorite fights. The whole climax in 5 was such a treat and Kiryu is such a badass. I can't wait to play 5 again on the PS4 as it seemed to run really poorly on PS3.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yakuza 4

four boss fights, a giant pile of cash flying off a building, shocking revelations, and DEATH

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Ryuji, of course. Combining Yakuza with character action rival, Dante/Vergil-style tropes was a match made in heaven. Yakuza climaxes are always great, but the setup of Kiryu having to face another Dragon was perfection.

Motherfucker even had a katana.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure which one I'd say is the best. Y5 is pretty close to the bottom, though, just because it makes no fucking sense storywise. It was such a letdown.

Virtua King

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Ishin had the best fight (I won't spoil who it was up against); Ryuji was the coolest boss; and Shibusawa had the most emotional fight, though I'd put Iwami's up there too.

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Nishikiyama, especially after playing Yakuza 0, is the most emotionally rewarding fight among those I've played. You knew he would be the final boss nearly from the start, and he's built up as this menacing figure throughout the whole game, but if nothing else Yakuza does an excellent job at showing you that all of this posturing comes from a deep-seated inferiority. The fight itself flashes through memories and it's just a powerful, powerful experience.

Ryuji Goda, on the other hand, is a heavyweight in his own right. Though I don't think his dynamic with Kiryu is as interesting, mechanically speaking he's notably superior. While some bosses feel like a beatdown, Ryuji goes toe to toe with Kiryu and I think the unlimited heat system helps make the fight feel brutal and unrelenting.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
1 > 2 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 0 > 4
1 & 2 are objectively the most impressive and memorable but I have a huuuge soft spot for how intrinsically vilain the final bosses of 5 & 6 were—if Goda and Nishiki were both fairly understandable in their motives, Aizawa and Iwami are just both these despicable lowlifes who saw themselves as more than they actually were and fell to the hands of a true yakuza and a true dad

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Shibusawa.

Everything from the fight theme, to the setting and the fight stances are perfect.

When the latter part of the song kicks in any you're beating the shit out of eachother on the stairs is just another feeling.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I would say either Shibusawa or Kuroiwa

I'm a sucker for fights with bosses that are like the player character in someway or another.

The first time Kuroiwa does that wall jump kick on me I knew it was on.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Yakuza 4

four boss fights, a giant pile of cash flying off a building, shocking revelations, and DEATH

I can't remember well...

this is the one in which everyone who has been shot and killed turns to be alive only to be shot and be killed again?

If so, that's a big YES for me.

I swear, Lost Paradise is so disrespected around here :(

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Nishikiyama because of the emotions involved. A lot of the others are just gangster villian of the week.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
What the Shibusawa fight lacks in emotional connection is made up for everythinf else. But I'm not the right judge of this as I only played 0 and Kiwami.

OP
OP
Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Ryuji is my personal favorite. The main thing holding Shibusawa back is the fact that there was already a recurring antagonist who was more interesting than him.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ryuji, but Kuroiwa is pretty damn up there, followed by Nishiki.

Everyone else kind barring Iwami kind of lack emotional connection/value.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shibusawa gasping out one last "Dragon of Dojima..." as he falls unconscious gave me chills.