Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if you all seriously didn't use quina you're nuts

go learn about the majesty of level 5 death on some grand dragons, educate yourself

also quina is cool thats just a fact

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
if you all seriously didn't use quina you're nuts

go learn about the majesty of level 5 death on some grand dragons, educate yourself

also quina is cool thats just a fact

Ah, the joys of Limit Gloving grand dragons and gaining dozens of levels on the first trip through Gizamaluke's Grotto...

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I liked quistis honestly. She at least had some relevance and background.

Redhead from ff9 I can't even be bothered to remember.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Half the cast of FFVIII. The entire cast of FFXII outside of Han and Chewbacca. The entire cast of FFXIII. Everyone not Noctis in FFXV.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, gotta be Amarant or Quistis imo. Quistis is especially bad because she's with you for the entire game and still ends up being completely forgettable. At least Amarant has the "arrives late" excuse

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
see the thing is that i usually only play ff8 for like 10-15 hours before i realize it isn't worth the trouble so i remember quistis very well!

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Anyone saying Amarant is probably close.

I love FFIX too much to be any sort of objective voice of reason here, but for me FFXII and FFXIII are the games with least memorable cast. Couldn't say anything about Snwo if my life depended on it.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I blocked everyone who shit on Penelo

Penny is great. She's always in my group, usually as a ninja/black mage hybrid.

Yeah, her literal only purpose for being there was because she was Vaan's girlfriend and some asshole pirate mistook her for Balthier's girl and kidnapped her, but I still liked her character and really loved her XII design so I personally can't put her on this list in good conscience.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obvious answers are Amarant and Ward, as far as long term party members from mainline games go.
If you wanna count spinoffs, the Type-0 cast is pretty forgettable, but Trey in particular is the most forgettable.
Then there's the Tactics games, which is kinda cheating, because of course they have a whole bunch of named nobodies you can recruit into your army.

If you count the pre-PSX mainline games.......Probably Scott.

Ward is memorable for being one of the last silent protagonists in the series.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Amarant. Dude has no backstory or development, and the first time I replayed FFIX years after release, I had completely forgotten about him. As in, up until the point the game introduces him, I wasn't expecting him to show up.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Kimahri
Coral
Quistis

Penelo
Yuffie

Not Yuffie... but outside that, list is very accurate

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Penny is great. She's always in my group, usually as a ninja/black mage hybrid.

Yeah, her literal only purpose for being there was because she was Vaan's girlfriend and some asshole pirate mistook her for Balthier's girl and kidnapped her, but I still liked her character and really loved her XII design so I personally can't put her on this list in good conscience.
I loved Revenant Wings :P still haven't beaten XII.. at the end I presume I've sat it down for so long :/
latest

Last edited:

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I think Amarant is actually so forgettable that he turns it around and is memorable for that reason. Like he's actually notorious for being forgettable.

I'm going to go with Irvine because he joins late, sucks in battle and is fairly useless to the plot.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dreadlocks FFIX
Khimari FFX
Vaan FFXII (a main character shouldn't be that unremarkable)
entire cast of FFXIII

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Amarant. I only remembered his name reading this thread. I was going to say that dude with a claw weapon and red hair.

What does he even do in the story? I can't remember him saying more than like one sentence.

Kimarhi may be lame gameplay wise, but he is really involved in the story and a big blue cat. I would hardly say he is forgettable.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a stout Amarant defender I just want to say, fuck this entire thread. That is all.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I'm gonna go with Selphie. Her design is really unimpressive and while I usually love "excited genki girl" personality types, I dunno she just never really jumped out at me. Though I consider most of the VIII cast kinda forgettable anyway.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
For all the Final Fantasy XV talk, people at least remember that there are four guys in the group.

However, there's the FIFTH guy that people look over. So, so bland.

latest

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
How yeah Noel, lmao. Strong contender there.

noel-kreiss-final-fantasy-xiii-2-92.jpg

You guys suck. Noel is the best character in the XIII games besides Sazh.

My answer is Freya and Quina and basically everyone not Squall and Rinoa in VIII. The only reason Amarant isn't included here is because I had him in my party. He was the worst member of my party.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot the little rat girl summoner thing even existed in FF9 until I played the re release on Switch. I remembered Amarant because he was so forgettable.

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly don't understand the Cait Sith answers.

Maybe for some of you he really is the most forgettable, and I know many don't like him as a party member.

But, like, if you can forgive a few

OPEN SPOILERS (for those of you who for some reason play many FFs but not 7)

I find it hard to forget the Shinra character? The scene where he gives Shinra the black materia was surprising for me at the time, especially knowing there was a spy, and then there's the whole Rufus scene where he shouts, "CLOUD! BARRETT! I'M SORRY!" near the end because apparently he's found out.

I dunno, for the purposes of the story, it's hard for me to forget him.

Or any of the 7 cast.

Caith Sith and Quina jumped in my mind first.

See what jumps in last and that's probably the answer. =P

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Amarant was character in FFIX until I read this thread and I like FFIX. I can't remember if I ever had him in my party since he's such a late-commer. Does he learn any useful skills? What was his weapon type again?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I love FFIX and I'd still vote Amarant and I think he's cool, but he just barely gets anything to do. Irvine from FFVIII is the runner up for me.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever said the cowboy from FFVIII was the right answer. Completely forgot about him until they mentioned him.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Vann and Penello.

Once the full party gets together they pretty much vanish into the background of the narrative.