SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Thread inspired by the recent Trials of Mana Remake's release, where one of the six characters, Duran, has lost his green hair.

ld.gif

In the original game, for one and only one of his possible six class changes, his hair changed to a shocking green. Is it kind of garish? Yes, especially combined with his now-gold armor. But that was part of its unique allure, and I was sad to see it reverted to his classic red in the remake.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Ephraim, from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

latest

He has a similar green/gold color scheme, one that exudes a sense of regal authority. I guess that's also why it was given to Duran's Lord (Liege) class in Trials of Mana.

Who's your favorite?

Please do not post pictures with no context, and do not make low-effort responses with only names.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Frog from Chrono Trigger
200px-Frog.jpg

Jean from Lunar 2 has one of my favorite character developments for a party member in a jrpg
IRUONl1.jpg
juDuboZ.png

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saria's pretty good

Saria.png

Of the 6 sages, she's easily the one with the most emotional connection with Link/the player.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
lyjbr.png

Green hair Samus is best Samus. As a kid who couldn't even beat Metroid, let alone do it quickly, the bizarre palette-swapped Samus you got when you used JUSTIN BAILEY was how I envisioned her for a good while.

Last edited:

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Alma, the Queen

(yes she is a favorite because of reading all the awesome stories of frustration and defeat)

yofNvzX.png

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Nino from Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade. I expected the game to have happy storylines and pillow fights as the representation of war, then you reach to Nino's storyline and is nothing but tears, and she still always does her best :.)

kgUuWdL.png

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
lmfao nobody read OP's "do not post low effort posts with names only"

those warnings are always ignored

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
p5j4o.png

Also Gale from Digital Devil Saga. Look at that smugly-uncomprehending face.

Last edited:

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao nobody read OP's "do not post low effort posts with names only"

those warnings are always ignored
To be fair, people already posted the chars I was gonna say with pics. My answer doesn't change, do I just post the same/diff pics?

Warnings like that only seem to stifle discussion.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers was who originally sprung to mind. Bonus points for being a good Scottish lass (although that has nothing to do with her sea-green hair, mind)

220px-Morrigan%28Darkstalkers%29.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Palutena was the first one that came to mind. Hard to imagine Uprising without her commentary and she was great to see in Smash.

palutena-gif-3.gif

And yeah, Terra Branford as well. Always bums me out when they don't give her green hair. And Sabrina from Pokemon sometimes has green hair (moreso in the anime but occasionally in the games too):

1600.jpg

I have a harder time naming green haired male characters. Zoro is probably the most famous one from Japan but he's manga.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Palutena was the first one that came to mind. Hard to imagine Uprising without her commentary and she was great to see in Smash.

palutena-gif-3.gif

And yeah, Terra Branford as well. Always bums me out when they don't give her green hair.

I have a harder time naming green haired male characters. Zoro is probably the most famous one from Japan but he's manga.
I mean, he kinda counts. There's been a shit-load of One Piece games.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Lowen from Dragalia Lost

tumblr_pibt1lyflR1x67zzdo8_400.png

Managed to keep the healer role alive pretty much single-handedly for months. Arguably still doing so if you don't consider Grace a healer.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this makes me realize I have not played that many games with green haired characters...
Best I can think of is Faize from Star Ocean 4, but I don't super love him or anything, just thought he was alright.
871667-fayze1.jpg

Alternatively, I only ever played a couple hours of Phantom Brave so I can't really speak to her personality, but I have always super loved Marona's design:
3d3015fdba0bac42ecdc221d7b75efaa.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Beaten.
I have a lot of fondness for Axel in Crazy Taxi:
ct1_axel.jpg

He has a really cool car and has a really cool style.

I also love Terra:
9f2745f9b6650c5fe0049d3a786174ea8fbb8b3fv2_hq.jpg

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Wow, this makes me realize I have not played that many games with green haired characters...
Best I can think of is Faize from Star Ocean 4, but I don't super love him or anything, just thought he was alright.
871667-fayze1.jpg

Alternatively, I only ever played a couple hours of Phantom Brave so I can't really speak to her personality, but I have always super loved Marona's design:
3d3015fdba0bac42ecdc221d7b75efaa.jpg
Phantom Brave was such a charming game with charming character design. I wish more NIS games were like that instead of trying to be so zany like Disgaea.

Faize... he was aight

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Brave was such a charming game with charming character design. I wish more NIS games were like that instead of trying to be so zany like Disgaea.

Faize... he was aight
I really need to go back to it and give it another go. Haven't tried playing Phantom Brave since I was a teen, and the combat system just wasn't clicking for me well back then. I imagine I'd have an easier time of it now, just need to get around to breaking out that PS2 again lol. Eventually!