Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
tumblr_ozbbqc2K4A1rvawzlo2_r1_1280.gif
Korg
I was dying laughing in the theater during this scene. His delivery is just amazing.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Captain America, when I think of MCU I basically think of him. He has a heart made out of gold and wants to do what's best for justice.

I put Star-Lord behind Cap, because he is just an awesome charismatic dude who is also funny as fuck.

My third choice is Killmonger. His sad history really drives him and gives him motivations to do the things he wanted to do in Black Panther.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Cap and Spidey. My no.1 Hero is Spidey but I guess I've seen enough of the guy that Cap feels different, even though I despised the guy in comics haha. Think it's a mix of getting older and Chris Evans doing a solid job.

Tony is fun but I also don't like him much and never have. Don't care too much for overly arrogant characters in general, then again I do like Bruce Wayne when he's a bit of a dick to people.

raterpillar

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Cap, Ant-Man, Vision (I think I am the only one), T'Challa. Honourable mentions to Ragnarok Hulk and Thor. I want to like Spidey but I just didn't feel it and switched it off after half an hour.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Captain America with T'Challa as close second. I love the whole Arc of Steve. His initial struggles/motives before turning into a soldier, relationship with peggy which ends fairly tragically, him bring brought out of the ice and struggles to adjust to the modern world, and his friendship with Bucky being the last remnants of his age where everyone else has passed away.

For Villains, Alexander Pierce is one of the most memorable ones and enjoyed the intensity of the Winter Soldier.

Oct 27, 2017
Cap.

Killmonger was really fucking great as well though.

I take my hat off to the MCU though, as someone who didn't really like any of it before my other half introduced me to the movies, this is a really tough question to answer. You can make a good case for almost every character suggested in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Cap and after seeing Black Panther last night Shuri is up there. I hope she and Peter Parker get to interact at some point.

Best villain is probably Vulture.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
i'm actually like the new thor from ragnarok......this guy's a riot to hang around!

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Cap. I've always found him to be a moving character — his abilities don't make him a hero, it's his selflessness and the desire to do the right thing in the face of adversity. Even when he's just a skinny kid, he's still the same person. The movies and Evans 100% nail that part of him. He's the person I wish I could be.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Ah.. yes! I love Peggy Carter. Her and Caps story is so sad. Need to edit my previous post and add her in. I didn't to start with due to likely not being able to see her again.
Her TV show was the best of the bunch, Netflix included. She is an insanely likable character. I'm a little surprised she isn't getting more of a look in here tbh.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Spider-man & Ant-man
Could barely believe it when the kid showed up in civil war, finally the little guy get the movie portrayal he deserves.
And Paul Rudd is a blast. Most underrated mcu film.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Happy-Laughing-Drax-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-2.jpg

Drax. Dave blew me away with his comedic acting.

Also a case of the movie version being a massive improvement on the comic character.

He was funny in Guardians 1. Obnoxious in Guardians 2.

The best MCU character is Tony Stark. Boring answer but true. A close second is Loki.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cap, easily, which is weird because I disliked the character in the comics for decades.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
1. Black Panther. Badass introduction, awesome suit, great inner conflict and characterization, and a refreshingly diplomatic leader. Black excellence all around.

2. Captain America. His earnest belief in the positive ideals of America gets and more more necessary every day. He's our generation's Superman.

3. Rocket Raccoon. Hilarious, broken, ignorant trash panda with guns.

4. Thor. The juxtaposition between powerful, revered Norse god and big, goofy lug will never get old.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
#1 has gotta be Nebula. She's a pretty straightforward character, but Karen Gillan does a great job with her. Just a wrecking ball of misplaced frustration and hate. When you watch her, even in the first movie where she's not really fleshed out, there's an obvious broken-ness to her. She's constantly making decisions that you can tell she knows are wrong or stupid, but out of this sense of... I dunno, stubbornness or spite or just momentum, she makes them anyways. Even when people give her a way out, she's too proud to take it.

She's also a beautiful, bald, surly space princess and I love her.

Runner up is Vision. He hasn't gotten much screentime, but he's the best live action portrayal of the "otherworldly bald guy with cosmic power that loves humanity despite his numbing detachment from it," which is one of my favorite archetypes. (He's actually not as good as Billy Crudup's Dr. Manhattan but still.)

On the converse, I've grown to really dislike Captain America over the years. My favorite in Cap 1 and Avengers but by Civil War I find him obnoxious. Moralizing, self-important jerk. Hoping he gets taken down a peg in Avengers 3/4 but I doubt it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
fuuet6L.gif

Nobody else compares.
God that short scene was so cool, they really turned Cap into a badass with one movie. Dude would destroy anyone in Nolan's Bats, even Bane.

I'll say Tony Stark/Iron Man. He's the greatest hero in all of comicbook movies for me. He has grown so much and been through a lot. He doesn't just shrug it off and stays the same, he evolves and changes with just about every film. He started off one way and is currently the total opposite and if you've watched the movies he's been in it hasn't been forced or anything, all feels natural.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Peter Quill. I'm a pretty big Pratt fan and I feel like his character has some hidden depth.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
By default Spider-Man
Then two bias picks
Cap and Bucky just because.....Brooklyn

Followed by

Thor
Iron Man
Loki
Sam Wilson