• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2019
more and more often im finding playing a naughty dog or kojima game is moreso a movie they do many things movies do and even take the control away from you for lengths of time and stuff

so who does it better ?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
ND I guess.

ND games are fun especially in multiplayer but there's just something about the MGS games and how they blend story and cinematics with solid stealth gameplay. I mean people are still replaying and fucking about with MGS2 and 3 on EE. ND games aren't nearly as replayable.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Probably Kojima
But he is also kind of a perv with the camera so I'll go with Naughty Dog. I enjoy movies where I can follow along with what's happeningon the screen and don't have to say "hold on what?" Every few seconds

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Naughty Dog's are more immediately coherent.

I'd take Kojima's easily though. Infinitely more entertaining.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, shit can we wait until the dudes game gets properly released before we have threads like this lol.

Its Kojima though

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima's are more interesting and full of original ideas. Yes it's all about execution, Kojima's stories can get it wrong just as much as he gets it right, but most of Naughty Dog's story rip off movies like Children of Men/Walking Dead and Indiana Jones. When Kojima's gets it right like MGS3's ending and the microwave sequence, it's outstanding. The Arsenal Gear Sequence when the game falls apart is only something Kojima can do and it's electrifying. Naughty Dog's best moment in narrative is the ending of the Last of Us but Kojima has more memorable moments and thinks outside the box.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
You mean cutscenes?

Kojima easily. I've got so many of the shots and camera angles from MGS burned into my brain. They're so well done.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kojima - despite how flawed his stuff can be - you can't deny it's original and captivating as hell.

Unfortunately, despite how great ND's storytelling is, I can't quite say the same for them.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
57912.jpg

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Kojima.

Naughty Dog never even had a trailer directed as well as Kojima's trailers, not to speak of a full game.

Kojima directed a lot of the most memorable cut-scenes in video games, like Snake Eater's ending.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
How is this even a question? Both TLOU and Uncharted 4 are two of the greatest narratives ever in video games. Druckmann is second to none in the space as far as I'm concerned

tenor.gif

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Kojima. His cut scenes have style and a flair that only he can get away with.

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody directs video game cut scenes like Kojima. The camera work and attention to detail is stunning. He might not always have the writing to hold it all together, but on a purely cinematic level he's fantastic.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Despite my post above, I actually agree with this. Despite not being as original, they do tell stories better.

They don't.

Even The Phantom Pain, which is the weakest from Kojima, is way more interesting, has way better characters, stronger thematically, and better written than something like Uncharted 4, which is while good, is nothing more than a simple popcorn action ride.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
this is actually not a troll thread at all, ive had this feeling for ages that many devs are striving for that experience you get the pictures seeing the next big thing, games like last of us prove that too

Status
Not open for further replies.