PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. I think revealing that T'Challa saved him against his wishes and imprisoned him leaves the door open for a lot of interesting dialogue between the two in a sequel.

That would've gone against the entire point of that scene, though. They wouldn't have bothered to show him die when he did if they were going to go "psych! we did exactly what the language of film said we weren't going to do!"

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USAgent.

latest

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That would've gone against the entire point of that scene, though. They wouldn't have bothered to show him die when he did if they were going to go "psych! we did exactly what the language of film said we weren't going to do!"
I mean, that's irrelevant, I feel. Killmonger made his desires known, but a hero is still a hero. T'Challa is riddled with guilt and a desire to heal / rehabilitate him could cause him to go against his dying wishes. Plus, it makes for more interesting scenes.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream just last week about Black Panther going up against Dr. Doom. Doom was sitting in his throne room, face hidden by shadow and T'Challa appears in front of him dropping down from the ceiling. Then you hear Doom's voice say "Am I to take it that Wakanda has declared war against Latveria?" and T'Challa would remove his mask and say "No. (pause) I have simply come to speak with you." there was a pause and then Doom began talking "So then, King of Wakanda" (he leans forward into the light revealing his mask "Why have you come seeking Doom?"

That's all my dream had.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They could do that with another spirit walk. Have Killmonger be in a kinda limbo
Or just have Killmonger show up in the Ancestral Plane (he did drink the heart-shaped herb before he died).

As for a potential villain for the sequel, you could have full-on Baron Zemo, Kraven, or bring Douglas Scott back from the prequel comics. Characters like Namor or Doom are characters they should save for later if either of them are gonna be Black Panther antagonists.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
YVB76Zs.jpg

Achebe

He could be some guy trying to lead an uprising from Wakanda's normal citizens who's eventually revealed to be working for Mephisto (who could be kept around as a greater MCU threat). I think that would be the best direction to go, the average citizens of Wakanda were given very little screen time in Black Panther, so this could be a way to flesh out the society more.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to extend the talk of colonizing, there was an Arc where the Vatican sends Black Knight to Wakanda to spread Christianity(by killing BP)

Mighty Chin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I quite bothered that Klaw was killed. It seemed to me that they couldve accomplished getting Kilmonger to Wakanda without killing. They could have had him sitting in a cell. They could have had him break out durning the final battle and somehow have his accident that turns him into sound.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I quite bothered that Klaw was killed. It seemed to me that they couldve accomplished getting Kilmonger to Wakanda without killing. They could have had him sitting in a cell. They could have had him break out durning the final battle and somehow have his accident that turns him into sound.

Yea there was no reason for Klaw to have been killed, Killmonger had what he wanted, killing felt like a big waste. Klaw is not a major villain but Marvel should keep more of them around

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is Doomwar any good? I want to see what all this Doctor Doom hype is about. I have also never read a comic book in my life, so forgive me if that's a silly question.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Walter Declun and Morlun. Guest starring Doctor Strange. Set up for Doomwar.

Is Doomwar any good? I want to see what all this Doctor Doom hype is about. I have also never read a comic book in my life, so forgive me if that's a silly question.
Not really the idea is neat but the execution is lacking.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
YVB76Zs.jpg

Achebe

He could be some guy trying to lead an uprising from Wakanda's normal citizens who's eventually revealed to be working for Mephisto (who could be kept around as a greater MCU threat). I think that would be the best direction to go, the average citizens of Wakanda were given very little screen time in Black Panther, so this could be a way to flesh out the society more.
I've been thinking about Achebe and how he could be used to flesh out the societies within Wakanda and the relations between it and outside African nations. He's a good choice.

There probably won't be a big bombastic battle in the end though.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Killmonger needs to be actually dead so they can have the payoff of T' Challa visiting the previous kings in the spirit world and Killmonger showing up there to give well meaning passive aggressive advice. I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Edit: I think Kraven almost made it into this movie. Also, I prefer him with Spider-Man.

I like this idea.

Cool with Namor as well.

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Killmonger could easily be brought back. He saved Zemo for similar reasons and he could tell Killmonger as such to his face.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah they're not gonna treat him like that, especially if Fantastic Four and X-Men are down the line.
Without knowing how long that process will take or if it will even come to fruition, Namor might be better left as a BP3 villain while being introduced in some Phase 4 crossover film.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doom and Namor are endgame potential. Doomwar shows pretty much how good Doom is and that would be too early.

Namor needs to be introduced as a friend first but as a rival of Wakanda.

I want the Illuminati and then the Cabal to happen down the line

xnipx

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why does Namor hate black people?/s

But seriously tho I have no idea of the comic storyline can I get some cliff notes?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Bringing Klaw or Killmonger back would totally ruin the arc of the first movie.
Klaw is super dead and there's zero point to bringing him back again anyway (even though Serkis is awesome).

Part of me is still hoping that T'Challa was like "you know what... F your noble sacrifice cuz" and put Killmonger into some kind of stasis until he heals.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hatemonger a white supremacists(done in the style of Alex Jones) that attacks Wakandan outreach facilities in US, but is revealed to be backed by US and Russian entities looking to steal vibranium

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I wish Kraven had been the villain in Spider-Man 3. Him and Venom. Would have been a more perfect fit than Sandman.

You have Peter find the symbiote. Kraven shows up in NYC looking to hunt down Spider-Man for sport. Peter gets rids of the symbiote and Venom is born. Then Kraven and Spider-Man team up to hunt Venom.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I really want T'Challa to go up against Dr Doom but perhaps he needs to appear in a fantastic four movie first. I always got a ying and yang dynamic between T'Challa and Victor in the comics.

T'Challa opening up Wakanda sets up Achebe perfectly and I think Lakeith stanfield would be great for that role.

Kraven vs BP would also be nice at some point.

M'baku will definitely turn heel but it will happen once him and t'challa become BFFs.

Lirlond

Oct 26, 2017
Introduce Namor as an ally, who steps Atlantis out of the waves on the back of Wakanda, set him up over the BP sequel, as a side character in another movie or two and then have the third film open with Namor destroying Wakanda (as the most advanced surface city)