Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Everyone loves the classic Nicolas Cage and John Travolta no holds barred action movie Face Off. Everyone.

Anyway, let's say the coked up fucks at Hollywood decide to remake the movie but instead of casting white actors for the main roles they have to cast black actors? Who should they choose?

Obviously it has to be Terry Crews as Castor Troy and Idris Elba as Sean Archer, but I guess you can at least suggest other actors.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Winston Duke in the Travolta role

Z6W8YJZl.jpg

Y'lan Noel in the Cage role

kAs2GZel.jpg

Their size difference would also play into the absurdity of travolta playing cage with his face.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Hart and Ice Cube, with Tyler Perry as Pollux Troy.

Tyler Perry Presents: Ride Along 3: Face/Off 2: A Madea Halloweeen

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They just had face transplants right? Would have to be two guys of a similiar build. I suppose you could always make an alteration and go full on brain transplant.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
They just had face transplants right? Would have to be two guys of a similiar build. I suppose you could always make an alteration and go full on brain transplant.
I don't know. Travolta and Cage look nothing alike to the extent that I thought the doctor in the movie saying they had similar builds and bone structures was some self-aware lampshading.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Sure, but the most fun part is the personality switch so we are looking for actors (or actresses let's go) that can play both the straight man and the unhinged psycho.

Lakeith Stanfield and Michael B. Jordan are the best I can come up with off the top my head right now

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
While Idris would play the evil parts amazingly, I don't think he could pull off the goofy parts.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Travolta would be easy enough to replace, but I can't think of any actor who could pull off Nick Cage other than the man himself. Terry Crews would probably come the closest off the top of my head.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While Idris would play the evil parts amazingly, I don't think he could pull off the goofy parts.
That's why you get Denzel to play Castor for most of the movie.

Idris is real Castor Troy
Denzel is real Sean Archer

Archer gets Castor's face, so Denzel would be playing Castor for most of the movie. Denzel can get nuts enough to play a Nic Cage role.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's why you get Denzel to play Castor for most of the movie.

Idris is real Castor Troy
Denzel is real Sean Archer

Archer gets Castor's face, so Denzel would be playing Castor for most of the movie. Denzel can get nuts enough to play a Nic Cage role.

That....could work.

Would be funny seeing Idris do the face thing tho lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the gumption of this thread but I am dissapointef people just think you can replace the raw, coked up energy of Nick Cage. Terry Cruise isn't a bad choice, but it would be a very different movie. I'm gonna go out of left field: Katt Williams?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Chiweltel Ejiofor and Chadwick Boseman could work from a physical point, but I'm not sure if they can do "crazy" well.

Oct 27, 2017
Ice Cube as Sean Archer.
Jordan Peele as Caster Troy.

It was honestly very difficult to decide on actors so I would say go in a different direction because the original was a very "white" movie.

In any case, face off was so good that I would love to see another spin on the premise.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Eddie Murphy as both Castor Troy and Sean Archer

And as Sean Archers wife and daughter, and Tyler Perry as Gina Gershon

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Ice Cube as Sean Archer.
Jordan Peele as Caster Troy.

It was honestly very difficult to decide on actors so I would say go in a different direction because the original was a very "white" movie.

In any case, face off was so good that I would love to see another spin on the premise.
LMAO I was literally just about to pair these two.