Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
GNJloEAXoAIKya0

0rosdjx.jpeg

Just straight out of photoshop hell

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
bit bizarre they are making this after the second movie, which setup a "this is how we will fight back" scenario. Now we're going backwards again.

new director as well, and he said in an interview this is more a drama than a horror which may be a huge mistake. Fans of this franchise I think are looking for more something on the horror/suspense side than drama, I know I really liked the first movie but was pretty bored with the second due to how less it focused on sheer terror.

The budget also has skyrocketed from the $60m of the second movie to over $100m on this movie. I wish them luck but its releasing at a bad time, a week before Despicable Me and Maxxxine (which horror fans will heavily gravitate to) and a week after Exorcism and Kinds of Kindness (Emma Stone and Poor Things directors next movie).

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I want a Day Zero movie where they just chronicle a normal day in the life before everything goes to shit. It could be a romcom.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in the movie. I actually like apocalypse stories where you see how civilization fell. So over the same generic post-apocalypse stories.

TaxiDriver

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder what the relationship between poor posters and poor films are. Is a soulless poster indicative of a soulless film?

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
bit bizarre they are making this after the second movie, which setup a "this is how we will fight back" scenario. Now we're going backwards again.

new director as well, and he said in an interview this is more a drama than a horror which may be a huge mistake. Fans of this franchise I think are looking for more something on the horror/suspense side than drama, I know I really liked the first movie but was pretty bored with the second due to how less it focused on sheer terror.

The budget also has skyrocketed from the $60m of the second movie to over $100m on this movie. I wish them luck but its releasing at a bad time, a week before Despicable Me and Maxxxine (which horror fans will heavily gravitate to) and a week after Exorcism and Kinds of Kindness (Emma Stone and Poor Things directors next movie).
If those four are it's competition, Quiet Place EASILY comes in second there.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
did they use $500 of that $100 million budget on hiring the producer's wife's cousin who is a graphic design major at the art academy?

okay the poster's aren't that bad but they should be a whole lot better for a hollywood summer movie that cost more than $5 million.

May 24, 2019
It's definitely from someone who was given some random renders and a flat character shoot and had no choice but to try and integrate what they'd been given. I sympathise with this person.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Never really knew much about this franchise so the first trailer that came out a while ago showing me a bit of what the monsters looked like got me a little more interested in these movies