Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Mario, Sonic, Lara Croft for sure.
For the last slot, I'd say Master Chief, Snake, Ryu, or Cloud. Pikachu is the no brainer option, but it's in that weird spot of mainly being popular outside of the games, at least originally, and in terms of original popularity for R/B, Charizard was always the big one.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Mount Rushmore should probably span different eras, like the real Mount Rushmore.

So…..

Mario - George Washington.
Cloud Strife - Thomas Jefferson
Master Chief - Abraham Lincoln
Default Fornite Guy - Teddy Rosevelt

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tetris long block
Final Fantasy finger icon
Wario
RE2 Licker

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
If anything it's the opposite, and a very good chance an American didn't make that post, lol.
you're coming from an alternate reality where Sega was big in the US and not everywhere else? my assumption of them being an american comes with america centric people failing to understand the impact of sega and their ips on the rest of the world because US was nintendo land

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Sonic.

Mario, Kratos, Leon S. Kennedy, Ryu

I might have a bias towards Capcom, Nintendo and Sony franchises, lol.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Mario, Sonic, Pikachu. The fourth one I am not so sure about, but I would probably pick Pac-Man, especially considering how it kept its popularity even though it has not been used prominently in decades.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Eh, I choose not to deface an indigenous sacred mountain with video game characters. I mean it's (slightly) less insulting than who is there now, but…

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario, Sonic, Pikachu and a Creeper from Minecraft.

Absolutely nothing else comes remotely close imo.

LoZ is one of my favourite series of all time but there's no reality in the current age where the young'uns of today are going to recognise Link over Minecraft.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
d8q8eqc-d4be5479-bd0c-4be4-9ee7-7cf2906f947e.png
png-clipart-the-ultimate-doom-doomguy-gif-video-games-doomguy-face-game-face-thumbnail.png
latest
outline-tetris-bricks-or-shapes-stock-vector-32268216.jpg

Karsha

May 1, 2020
The alien from space invader, I feel like everyone recognizes what that is even though they might have never touched a videogame in their life. The other ones are Mario and Pac Man, the 4th one is kinda hard, I feel like Pikachu was popularized more due to the anime and not the game (although a pokemon character should be in it) and Sonic is in a somehow weird spot too due to his fame dimminishing a lot in the late 90' and 2000'

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
NES
Sony Playstation
Xbox 360
Sega Genesis

Consoles can be considered characters as well.

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
A mount featuring Mario, Sonic, Pikachu and Link. Above the mount there is a Cloud, and on the rocks we see a Snake, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake and Donkey Kong.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Theres a pretty good chance an american made this post

Whatever Mario is, Sonic was for the largest portion of the world in the 90s. And as bad as its games got (and they got really bad), the brand survived strong to this day. I know americans like to think the world turns into a void outside their country borders, but its not really what happens
I'm from the uk, but was being a bit facetious about Sonic, I'd had a lot of coffee. I do think it is over-rated though - Mario is still way more iconic and relevant to kids today than Sonic was. You said yourself that it was a 90s thing.

I'm not sure the brand HAS survived, outside of people who were kids or teens in the 90s.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
All the ones your mom can identify basically

Mario, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, ship from Galaga/Pikachu

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Mario.
Sonic.
Pikachu.
Ryu.

Agree with the list. Mario and Sonic are easy choices as most iconic mascots in games. Pikachu to represent a 25 year old "trend" that has transcended video games. Entire generations have grown up with Pokémon as a cultural touchstone. Ryu is instantly recognizable as the face of a franchise that took the world by storm and has continued to stay relevant.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from the uk, but was being a bit facetious about Sonic, I'd had a lot of coffee. I do think it is over-rated though - Mario is still way more iconic and relevant to kids today than Sonic was. You said yourself that it was a 90s thing.

I'm not sure the brand HAS survived, outside of people who were kids or teens in the 90s

I saw a kid who can't have been older than six wearing a sonic T-shirt in the UK two days ago. Haven't seen any kids wearing mario T-shirts since.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If the three most recognisable, biggest characters are Mario, Sonic, and Pikachu, then the fourth is very clearly Luigi.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a kid who can't have been older than six wearing a sonic T-shirt in the UK two days ago. Haven't seen any kids wearing mario T-shirts since.
Hmm probably dressed by parents old enough to be late stage sonic-stans 🤔😃

Also six year olds don't get mario t shirts because Nintendo IP is expensive 😃🫣