• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Why are you not going to buy an Xbox Series console?

• I have a PC and I will play the exclusives there.

• I have no interest in their games.

• I can't afford it.

• I can't justify another console purchase.

• I (have) | (will buy) an Xbox Series S|X console.

• Other, please comment.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
It's clear that Xbox is in a much better position than last gen, but there's still a lot of people that weren't to convinced to buy one. If you're one of them, why?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I just don't like their games.

Beyond hellblade they have nothing that even remotely interests me.

Hardware is nice but wouldn't fit in my tv stand

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I buy one console a generation and its always PlayStation. I have more interest in their exclusives anyway.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
A Switch (and whatever its successor is), PC and PS5 covers pretty much everything I need to play. I have no use for an Xbox really.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
PS5 main. Guess Switch Pro and PS VR2 will launch next year so i don't think i can afford 3 new platforms in a single year. Switch pro and PS VR2 have priority-

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I plan on eventually, way down the line, getting one to replace my 360 for backwards compatible games. Probably when they make a slim version or something. I have a PC and Playstation so I don't really see myself buying any new game for this console.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I probably will buy both a Series X and a PS5 eventually, but money, stock, and lack of killer exclusives makes it easy to punt on.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Having deja vu here...why does this poll appear here every time a new Xbox console launches?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Currently? Because they are not available (at least, Series X). I did manage to sneak in an order for an S, though. There's nothing for PlayStation that interests me until FF16 which is probably coming in 2030.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i don't care about any games or studios they have bought so far but that may change after i get the vaccine.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I have no interest in most Microsoft games. I'll play Id and Arkane's outputs on my laptop, though

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I am a PC/Switch guy now so neither the ps5/series X interest me.

I might get a ps5 down the line when I can walk into a store and grab one but I am really holding out for them to fix their issues with the system first. Maybe I will even wait for the inevitable Pro version that hopefully comes with more storage.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
My general interest in gaming is at an all-time low, but I've always enjoyed PlayStation enough to 'have one' at home for when I feel like playing, and of course for the exclusives.
When I had an Xbox (360), I genuinely hated everything about it so I've never given purchasing one another thought.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I only have so many hours I play a year since having a family so one console is enough for me.
I am already invested in the PS ecosystem so I will get a PS5 in the future.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  1. The controller currently doesn't have a gyroscope.
  2. It's still missing games that I have an interest in (Ex: Persona, Guilty Gear, etc.).

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Still undecided. I have a Switch, a PS5 and a PC, didn't buy a Xbox since the 360 (was my fav console that gen). It's indeed a nice system but I guess I would mostly use it for bc and then only for like a few games like RDR or Ninja Gaiden.

On one hand, I enjoy playing on consoles more most of the time, on the other hand first person games/shooters play way better on PC and guess what MS games interest me the most? It's Halo, Doom etc.

So yeah, still kinda undecided if I upgrade my PC or just go with a Series X.

Also couldn't care less about Game Pass so that does nothing for me.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Series S but I almost didn't get one. The answer is just that I'm not a fan of most Xbox games.
The Bethesda acquisition changes that though.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I will certainly get one at some point. Most likely when one of the big Bethesda games comes out or Obsidian puts out their next title (assuming it's better than Outer Worlds, which didn't do much for me).

...or I just splurge and buy one when my stimmy arrives haha.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I tried to buy the console at launch mainly due to the hype but All Access was a total farce in the UK at launch so never did.

A blessing in disguise as there are currently no Xbox exclusives I'm interested in playing.

This may change with Zenimax purchase but I'm happy to wait and see right now

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
The only reason I'm considering one is because of the GPU crisis going on right now. If I didn't need to upgrade my PC, I wouldn't even consider getting one.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Waiting for when it's in stock. Not too many exclusive games on it yet so no rush. Ask me in a year and I'll probably have one by then.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I bought one at launch (PS5 as well). Gamepass is amazing as someone who doesn't give a crap about owning or replaying games and I love many of their exclusives. And that's only likely to increase after all their acquisitions.

I played their stuff on PC most of last gen, but just didn't enjoy the PC gaming thing as much as I though. Just prefer the console experience thus I opted to just go back to owning all consoles.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I only really use portables. If I was going to buy a home console, it would likely be a Playstation as I prefer their first party stuff, but I don't really have the time or any need for one at the moment.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Microsoft was willing to meet me where I'm at (PC) and I am more than happy to take them up on their offer.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I got an Xbox One X last year and there aren't any exclusive games to the Series consoles yet, so I'm willing to wait.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I hope to play Halo Infinite on either my PC or my One X.

Aside for HI, I don't really know or care about their games really.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I was planning to get an XSX at launch to play MSFS instead of upgrading my PC, that didn't pan out and I turned the plan around. Being able to buy the PC for my business makes a big difference too (sales tax reimbursed, two year amortization). Not sure I can look my accountant with a straight face and tell him the XSX is a business expense when I can't do any work on it.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I don't care about their ecosystem at all. Xbox existing as a gaming platform or not hasn't had any direct impact on me ever since they entered the market. (Indirect stuff like paying for online services not included)
I've never considered their consoles as a viable platform for me and still don't (and if things stay this way: won't do so in the future either).

If I were in the market for a pure home console right now (so Switch/PC not included), I'd buy a PlayStation. Or nothing.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Already have a Series X. Super excited about its future.

Debating whether or not I should buy a Series S (to use as an indie/multiplayer console that I can bring with me).