• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you cut your burgers in half?

• Yes

Votes: 134 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 282 32.6%
  • What?

Votes: 142 16.4%
  • It depends.

Votes: 308 35.6%

• Total voters

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
My wife cuts her burgers in two, makes it easier to eat (as demonstrated by that amaizng drawing). Personally I now tend to use a knife and fork because I'm usually fighting with varying lengths of facial hair and nobody wants to see that in a mess.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I grabbed some burgers with friends this weekend and the only person who did that still managed to spill his burger all over his tray and then resorted to pick it apart and eat it with knife and fork???
It was a most tragic sight to behold.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never! I don't care how big the burger is, I never cut it inhalf.

I have a friend who does this and it's always a sight to behold. He also eats pizza with a knife and a fork...

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I don't cut my burgers in half but I could imagine that people do it so it's easier to handle. I cut my childrens burgers in half.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Depends on the setting. If I'm at a McDonald's or a Five Guys, I'll just pick up the whole burger. If I'm ordering a burger in a sit-down restaurant, I'll cut it in half before picking it up.

It's an etiquette thing. Same way I'll eat pizza like an animal in some settings, but use a knife and fork in others.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Depends. If the burger is large and/or sloppy, I usually cut it into smaller pieces. If it's especially messy, I sometimes just forgo eating it by hand altogether.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
i made this to explian it 2 u

YILdF9E.png
You have concave teeth?

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Maybe if I made the mistake of ordering a burger in a nice restaurant, and it's super sloppy, so I don't make a complete mess.
But that's why I prefer to have burgers at home. So I can just eat them without having to care how it looks.

Who does this? The same people that eat pizza/candybars with a knife and fork?

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I do it if it's a really big burger, because I might eat half and save the other half for later. But I eat normal sized burgers without cutting them in half.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever I eat burgers whole they just end up falling apart.

I have a massive gag reflex, so I nibble on my food and don't take huge bites. It's easier when the burger is cut in half (assuming it's a rather large hamburger we're talking about).

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
honestly? force of habit. When my dad used to take me to BK, he would always get my burgers split. Big burgers i'll do that to, smaller ones like sliders or jr's i'll leave whole

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Depends on the burger. If you it's a big one with plenty of toppings and the beef is at least 8-10oz, I'll cut it to make sure it's cooked properly and the toppings don't fall out. If it's a shitty burger from McDonald's, no need to cut.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a large burger and I'm eating in public, then I cut it in half to keep things clean. At home I go all in.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I have only done this on very large burgers. I'm sure people with smaller hands or mouths than me probably cut their burger in half more often. Sometimes it is necessary especially given the portion sizes in some places.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I've done this occasionally if I'm eating out somewhere and the burger I get is massive / really messy. Sometimes it's just easier to eat half of it at a time. Usually I won't cut it though.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Better way to do it is to eat your burger with knife and fork if you're so spooked.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Some burgers are just stupid huge and sloppy that it's easier and less messy when cut in half. Also some sloppy burgers, you take a bite and everything just gushes out and it's so difficult to manage.

And then you got stupid shit like the macaroni and cheese covered burgers, pizza burgers, and so on that just sploosh everywhere.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
OP betrays his premise, "isn't it easy enough" - admitting that it is in fact easier to eat when cut. why would you insist on doing something less easy? what are you trying to prove?
The worst thing about burgers are these types that recently you can see everywhere in Iran:

psgz_ababa.jpg

These aren't burgers anymore in my opinion. For me, burger is a thing that you can hold in your hands easily, not these huge craps.

I don't think it's controversial to object to stunt foods for practical reasons. I'm just gonna walk right past that pizza-like object in the back, tho.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If you ever go to a good restaurant with a good restaurant burger those are usually too big and packed with stuff to eat normally without making a mess and looking like an idiot. Plenty of places give steak knives jammed in explicitly for this.

But like a Big Mac? Hell no.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't generally do it myself, but I can appreciate it when a restaurant does it for me. I assume the idea is you can focus more on the taste and eating the burger if you're not having to struggle as much to hold the whole thing.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a small mouth and it's easier to approach the corner of a cut half of a burger than attempt to bite into the middle of an unbroken expanse of bun and smear grease all over my face in the process.

This only really applies to large burgers.