• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Are we really in that much of a rush all the time? Shouldn't we try and take in the sights and the sounds of the game that we're playing? I see frames per second touted as the end all be all in games all the time, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
I mean, check this out:
mqdefault.jpg

Wii Sports Resort's Bowling only had a maximum of 40 frames per game. That's crazy! And people still liked this game!
Happy New Year, Era.

Sp3ctre

Dec 31, 2018
It depends on the game in question, I wouldn't want to play a PC fps or something like Bayonetta at a low framerate.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
You can't take in as much of a game when you can only see 15 frames of it every second.

More is always better when it comes to frame rate.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
I dont need to see where a bowling ball is going at 60 frames per second, but in a fighting game or fps...

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
It's not so much the "speed" of the games. I played Valkaria Chronicles 4 on the switch then I saw a mate's PC version and the difference is jaw dropping. The PC version is running at 60.

I chose portability in this case but honestly I wish frame we're pushed more than graphics.

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
This thread is just one big woosh of people not reading the OP isn't it.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with 60 fps on single player games, but anything competitive I want all the frames. It really is a big advantage if you have a capable monitor.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Are we really in that much of a rush all the time? Shouldn't we try and take in the sights and the sounds of the game that we're playing? I see frames per second touted as the end all be all in games all the time, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
I mean, check this out:
mqdefault.jpg

Wii Sports Resort's Bowling only had a maximum of 40 frames per game. That's crazy! And people still liked this game!
Happy New Year, Era.

First legendary thread of the New Year.

Well done, OP.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
tbh it was pretty bullshit when SM64 dropped frames with places like Shifting Sand Land or Big Boo's Haunt.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
remember when people used to say 60fps games looked like soap operas and 30fps was better cause it was closer to films, 24fps.

it wasn't that long ago.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
This is hilarious. For all of you framerate purists our there, this is a joke. Read the op lol.