Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man I love King of Queens, but Kevin James' various team ups with Adam Sandler and those stupid Paul Blart movies ruin ky enjoyment of the series. Like you watch it, its fucking hilarious, and Kevin James comes off as such a natutal talent with his comedic timing and nuances. Then you realize its all downhill from there, and it infuriates me that King of Queens is the only time we see that from him.

Oh, and Everybody loves Raymond is excellent. Like King Of Queens, its a much better rep at middle class life in NYC in the 90s than any of the NBC bull like Friends, Senfield, or even Mad About You(don't worry, I still love that show). I mean those felt like more Yuppie NY than anything else.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite episodes is "Pet the Bunny". This episode showed that Frank does care for animals (shown again in "The Bird") while trying to hide it.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It was watchable but I wouldn't consider it good. Like I wouldn't even mention it in the same sentence as Seinfeld.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I love Everbody Loves Raymond even if it's purely for Frank and Robert's characters.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
In 2010, for like a month or so my computer was down and I couldn't take advantage of my apartment's sweet broadband. So I watched a lot of TV Land. It used to be one of my favorite channels, then one day it just started showing a bunch of shit from the 90s instead of 60s/70s classics so I gave up on it.

But with my computer down I was stuck watching cable, so I went to TV Land. Every night it'd be ELR, Roseanne, and the Nanny while I worked on homework for class or did whatever.

Of those three shows, who would've thought the Nanny would wind up being the best? ELR was fucking miserable. Raymond's a schmuck, his wife's a terrible person, his parents suck. Brother was funny I guess. But I couldn't enjoy the show 'cause it just followed a guy who's life basically sucked.

Roseanne was significantly better but then the lead actress revealed herself to be a horrible TERF and a Trump supporter.

The Nanny was inoffensive and wins by proxy . In short: fuck Everybody Loves Raymond.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
5964863eef028.jpeg

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You hit the nail on the head. I still love this show and I've probably seen the entire series at least 4 times.

Also, King of Queens doesn't hold up to Raymond. It usually follows up Raymond on TVLand and thats my cue to find the remote and change the channel.
Right? I been actually catching Raymond reruns on TVLand as background noise and I don't get it, people like to dunk on ELR because they don't get why people would tolerate Ray's whiny ass but I struggle to find anything redeeming at all about Doug's meathead self.

Kasai

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I always took the title to be ironic, since he was just a loser most of the time.

I was also 9, so this was a long time ago.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't King of Queens a spin off from Everybody Loves Raymond?

Not really. Kevin and Ray appear on each other's show along with a side character from ELR being on KoQ at some point but the they never have them really act like it spun off IIRC.

Is this show still on?
Just reruns.

What about that episode with Deborah in the leather skirt though....

When I watched the series way later I was surprised at that episode cause it felt like a departure from how family oriented the show was most of the time

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the brother eventually got so fed up with this, and he left his family to become The Tick.

Oct 28, 2017
Rewatching this show is weird as it's before smartphones.

They just sit around or watch tv and if Ray is out with Deb somewhere he just stands around.

I kinda love watching 90's shows because of this. Just saw the Chinese Restaurant episode of Seinfeld where a big conflict is people constantly cutting George off so he can't get to the payphone. Afterwards he has to stay and wait in the restaurant for a call back. It amazing how much things have changed.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
hes selfish and tends to be an asshole.... does everyone really love raymond?...no, but ray would think everyone does. he wrote the character to be self deprecating lol

i've never really met anyone who watched the show and liked ray though, the other characters are way deeper in development and having their ups and downs but usually have good intentions or show they have very human wants/wishes for the dysfunction.