• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously tho everyone talks up kotor, when force unleashed is the game most casual fans care about.

bring back the homie Sam Witwer and let's go.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_nq9nih2QIW1qf32f7_500.gif

Gimme Kotor 3

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Why does everyone want a new Wilco record when a new Britney Spears would sell way more?

Oct 25, 2017
Casual fans follow the hype, KOTOR has the hype. Force Unleashed is too close to Fallen Order for casual fans to be discerning about it, so that itch is already scratched.

People care about KOTOR because its story is better.

Edit: I don't mean to put down Force Unleashed. It's just not that comparable to KOTOR in quality. I'd understand why the action gameplay would be more appealing to some people though.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The difference is that the KOTOR games were, you know, good.

Also, they explore an interesting era of the franchise - rather than just loading additional service on top of the OT.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Because people don't have to care about it selling well and they want to have fun playing a game probably.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Because if I wanted to play a newer and better Force Unleashed I'd just play Fallen Order.

Also, Starkiller is a huge edgelord and people don't care about edgelords anymore.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
There's several reasons, and I'm sure others will go into, but I can think of one immediately:

Among other things, at least one has the possibility of being reimagined as something that could possibly recapture what fans loved about the original games and TOR. We ain't never getting another game that allows us to pull down Star Destroyers out of a planet's atmosphere and turning Force-users into Devil May Cry/God of War composites. That flies completely in the face of what Lucasfilm sees the Force as, and Fallen Order has largely filled that slot.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
oof, Force Unleashed better than KOTOR? opinions can be wrong

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it would be because both of the original force unleashed were generally received as only "good" games (despite the fact that I mostly enjoyed my time with them). KOTOR 1 and 2 have always been viewed as great games.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
KOTOR 1 & 2 are classics.

Forced Unleashed was a huge misstep and all-around average in every aspect.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
If they bring KOTOR back, it would get new action combat, so it would be best of both worlds.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
FU is a worse game and we have the new Jedi game to take its place for that sort of style. I want a new rpg.

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people's wants usually are not derived from the presumed bottom line of a company that they do not work for

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Because people still talk about KOTOR in 2021 and exactly zero people still talk about The Force Unleashed, especially in a post-Fallen Order world.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
Jedi Knight would gather more excitement and sales potential than the bad force unleashed (2). Do that instead.

but first Kotor

Oct 25, 2017
JFO didn't score 94 MC.

What are you smoking?

JFO still scored more than TFU and sold way more and it's a much better game.
They mean The Last Jedi. Episode VIII.

Edit: I don't think we need to openly insult the OP and their taste guys. They have a unique and yes, unpopular, opinion. It's pretty clear why people want KOTOR over TFU. That's probably enough.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There already is a modern 3rd person melee action Star Wars. Making an RPG makes more sense than bringing back a third-rate DMC/God of War clone.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the games being in completely different genres has something to do with it.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Kotor is an RPG where you can play light or dark side, force unleashed is a game where you only play a darkside character on the path getting redeemed it is a hack and slash game. Sorry but a game with choices on how to play is far more appealing but I like both

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I guess one reason to want another Force Unleashed game is because there are *miles* of room for improvement

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
so kotor is about as good as last Jedi than.
lol what kind of tortured logic is this. this would be like if Nintendo announced Ocarina of Time 2 and people went nuts for it and you went "ah-ah-ah but *I* didn't like it so its good reviews and sales don't count, why aren't they remaking Wand of Gamelon"

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Starkiller was pure cringe then and now. They were fun-ish games for their time, but completely forgettable.

Fallen Order is a much better game of similar style all around and KotoR series is a classic. And the more exploring and development of the setting outside of the OT period the better. Not to mention just a totally different style of game that you don't get a lot of in big budget games with a party based RPG outside of some JRPG series.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017