Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has always bothered me after the prequels. Obi-Wan clearly interacts with 3PO and R2 in the prequels… yet doesn't seem to recognize them in the OT? Maybe he was not trying to give things away to Luke but there's another line that doesn't work.

"I don't seem to remember owning a droid."

Uh you did. R4 remember?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Obi-Wan doesn't really like droids or bond with them. I doubt he'd be all that bummed if, during the Clone Wars, something had happened to either 3PO or R2.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
not thinking out how how your new story ideas interact with previous stories < not thinking out how your new story ideas interact with the story you're still in the middle of telling

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Another retcon: the first movie didn't even have Episode IV in the opening, they added it after ESB, right?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Has the plot been revealed or leaked? I'm assuming it will try to fill in that little discrepancy though.

i don't really know but i'd assume it will just because the han solo movie decided it needed to explain or depict literally every offhand reference to han solo's backstory so

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
the sad reality is that no matter what you do in life, no matter how much energy you put into your relationship with the people you thought were your friends, no one will remember you because you're a dork

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
kotor_carth_forcequote.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I can only imagine he treated droids like appliances. If someone asked me if I remembered a toaster that I had owned 20 years ago I'd probably say the same thing Obiwan did.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Cause he's old, lots of time has passed, and he doesn't recognize droids as living beings. How many R2 units did he see in his life?

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he just forgot about them. Many years past people forget about things.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
If there's a Bigger Luke then there could also be a Bigger Obi-Wan from that same universe who never met the droids.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Please no. That's "How did Han Solo get his name?" Level of fan service.

This is the best explanation and should be left unaddressed. At the very leas you can say he was stretching the truth like said in Jedi
Like…. I just assumed Solo was his name. Never came to mind how he got it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, why didn't Anakin recognize them?

Why did Obi Won go into hiding on the planet where Anakin was born, not changing his name, protecting a boy named Luke who similarly never changed his name from Skywalker?

Why did they surmise that Anakin wasn't ready to be a jedi because he was too old at the time of indoctrination, and he was too attached to his feelings, yet they let one of their only hopes, Luke, grow even older before being introduced to the Jedi ways, and in many ways more strongwilled and ruled by his emotions? They are very, very lucky Luke wasn't as attached to his uncle and aunt as Anakin was to his mother.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Presumably the next star wars shower thought topic is gonna be titled

"Why did Obi-wan lie to Luke about his father?"

Why did Obi Won go into hiding on the planet where Anakin was born, not changing his name, protecting a boy named Luke who similarly never changed his name from Skywalker?
Because he knew that the last place Anakin would ever go to is his home. Darth Vader straight up admits this.