• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
1460402392738.jpg

Who is responsible for this design. Like I'm just chilling, enjoying my Kamiya Zelda game and boom... ass?

Edit: I 'm aware it's a peach joke lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Tis just a peach. Just a 🍑.....

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm more baffled with whoever's decision about how characters talk...

"Hahehohahehohahehohaheho."

I thought my game was glitched or something...

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The design was made to resemble a peach, though that's pretty cheeky of the artist.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So you have something to look at while the walls of text slowly crawl by over the course of this long ass game.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
But yeah, that's the joke. Her exposed butt looks like a peach. NickolasCage.webm

It's not a good joke, but that's the joke.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Check out my chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
Like sex on the beaches,
What else is in the teaches of peaches? huh? what?

TheJorro

Feb 27, 2018
So there's an actual explanation given by the character designer:

It was decided early on that Sakuya would have a certain peachy motif, and as such we not only gave her breasts a peach-like appearance, but also her bum as well. I remember that Kamiya loved it and gave it the okay right away. We had also prepared "level 2" and "level 3" looks to go with the progression of the game, where she would become increasingly undressed but understandably, the proposed level 3 design was vetoed by Inaba...too bad. We had designed the top of her head to look like the Divine Tree, and at one point implemented it into the game, but the idea was not used in the final product. I imagined it inflating when she got angry. The idea of Shakuya came about rather suddenly, but she was a joy to both create and draw."—Mari Shimazaki (Encyclopedia of Ōkami Concept Works, p.115, Ōkami Official Complete Works)

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
it's not her ass, it's just a peach motif.

i think the peach on her butt is gone in okamiden because that game's for kids