Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
america was cool years ago. it's trash now. internet and the fact trump is president should say enough.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not even that the USA is awful. It's that it's consciously determined to continue being awful.

Pretty much lmao.
For a culture that glorifies itself of leading the world it could be way, way better. But they go and fucking vote for Trump.

If this COVID stuff isn't enough to stop republican's clutches on USA, then nothing will ever do it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
They are literally raised to believe it, the whole pledge of allegiance to their flag, the fact their flag is so sacred, they have one in every class room at school etc

It's like brain washing.
As a foreigner whenever I see kids doing the pledge thing in media I find it so creepy. It's something I would expect out of countries like North Korea and the USSR.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
America gets excoriated in every possible thread about their stupidity and their civil rights abuses, etc.. And rightfully so! American has a deeply flawed political system and a social culture steeped in racism and cruelty.

But very rarely is that same energy directed at China's countless civil rights abuses, India's insidious prosecution of its Muslim populations or the myriad other examples we could toss out there?

Am I tripping or is just kind of the cool thing to generalize and piss on Americans around here?

My feelings are hurt.
Wait you made this thread in April and then when on the earl thomas thread and didn't know what roll tide was?!?

Without wading through the comments it seems you are American and a football fan. Genuinely curious. Bama has won a ton of championships so I'm surprised you haven't heard that term.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We know that voting for brexit and the conservatives was shit, that doesn't suddenly make the US any better. This isn't a competition.
No, it's not a competition but at the same time I can't imagine that post #294 would be tolerated if it were directed at British people, French people, Germans, Japanese, or any other nationality.
I guess when it's the US, however, it's cool for a poster to say that he/she hates all 330 million Americans. Honestly, that shit makes this place much less welcoming, IMO even though I recognize and dislike a lot about what the US has become in recent years.

OP
OP
Gaf Zombie

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Wait you made this thread in April and then when on the earl thomas thread and didn't know what roll tide was?!?

Without wading through the comments it seems you are American and a football fan. Genuinely curious. Bama has won a ton of championships so I'm surprised you haven't heard that term.

I know what "Roll Tide" is as in the Alabama chant. In that context though I just wanted to be sure that the poster was using it as shorthand for incest.

I will also say that I have no problem with people dunking on Bama (the state or the school) as my alma mater supposedly has a top-tier football program but we never win squat.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I know what "Roll Tide" is as in the Alabama chant. In that context though I just wanted to be sure that the poster was using it as shorthand for incest.

I will also say that I have no problem with people dunking on Bama (the state or the school) as my alma mater supposedly has a top-tier football program but we never win squat.
OK. Yeah it is usually used in that context. Just curious :)

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Hi, American here. We are terrible, terrifying, greedy, idiotic, sadistic, masochistic, misogynistic, racist, sexist, violent people, and the amount of pile on we get on this forum is nowhere near enough of what we deserve.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
User Banned (3 Months): Advocating genocide/inflammatory rhetoric, hostility across a series of posts
I wish the rest of the world would pile on the US--literally--and wipe it from the face of the fucking planet. If only.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Or you could not wish death on 350 million people. That's another option.
Seriously. This thread is an embarassment. Contrast it with the "Let's talk about the way we talk about China" thread in which people rightfully make the point that there is a need to separate the actions of government from individuals. Then hop in here and read that every single American is awful and deserves to be "wiped from the face of the fucking planet". It's one thing to recognize that many significant issues the country faces and another to lay blame at everyone including those that are making things better rather than worse.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
America gets excoriated in every possible thread about their stupidity and their civil rights abuses, etc.. And rightfully so! American has a deeply flawed political system and a social culture steeped in racism and cruelty.

But very rarely is that same energy directed at China's countless civil rights abuses, India's insidious prosecution of its Muslim populations or the myriad other examples we could toss out there?

Am I tripping or is just kind of the cool thing to generalize and piss on Americans around here?

My feelings are hurt.
Why do people get so defensive when any criticism is directed at America? Especially when it's true or deserved like you said it is? Does China or India being just as bad make America off limits now? Do we have to criticize them equally to fill some kind of karma quota? Why should you care if people criticize America? Why does it hurt your feelings, especially if you don't consider yourself among the stupid or the unjust being criticized.

I'm sorry if your self identity is so tied to being an American that you feel the need to defend it even from just criticism. If it bothers you so much, maybe ask yourself "why the criticism and how can I change it", rather than "fuck the criticism, what about these guys?"

It's not like America is the short kid being bullied in the schoolyard here. It's more like we see enough of America's shit, and this where we come to talk after lunch. And yeah, you hear a lot more criticism of America here than you do India or China because you're in an English language forum where the majority of users are Americans or affected by American matters more directly.

There's plenty of American dick sucking here too. There's no shortage of that on the internet. But don't get so offended if some of us would rather spit than swallow.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, American here. We are terrible, terrifying, greedy, idiotic, sadistic, masochistic, misogynistic, racist, sexist, violent people, and the amount of pile on we get on this forum is nowhere near enough of what we deserve.
From your list of descriptions, why shouldn't we criticize it more? Why does terrible, terrifying, greedy, idiotic, sadistic, masochistic, misogynistic, racist, sexist, violent America deserve any leniency?

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Or you could not wish death on 350 million people. That's another option.
I love how some folks on this forum go to clutch at their pearls with such self-righteous indignation when they see others express wishes which can have no real-world impact on anything; and, in any case, are often as fantastic as anything which could be imagined. Save your defensiveness for things which need defending, not on irrelevance.

In any case, I only meant the obliteration of the US as a national entity, not the wholesale slaughter of its citizens (which would be much better off being ruled by, say, Canada). But as I said, it's just a fantastical expression of disgust, so spare me your high dudgeon.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From your list of descriptions, why shouldn't we criticize it more? Why does terrible, terrifying, greedy, idiotic, sadistic, masochistic, misogynistic, racist, sexist, violent America deserve any leniency?
You're misreading that post. They're agreeing with you and saying the US should be criticized more, not less.

I love how some folks on this forum go to clutch at their pearls with such self-righteous indignation when they see others express wishes which can have no real-world impact on anything; and, in any case, are often as fantastic as anything which could be imagined. Save your defensiveness for things which need defending, not on irrelevance.

In any case, I only meant the obliteration of the US as a national entity, not the wholesale slaughter of its citizens (which would be much better off being ruled by, say, Canada). But as I said, it's just a fantastical expression of disgust, so spare me your high dudgeon.
I mean you posted an edgy and hyperbolic statement and then get shocked when you're called on it. You don't wipe a country from the face of the earth without killing its inhabitants so of course people will think that's what you meant. That's on your wording, not on their interpretation.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Plenty of shit said on this forum that results in a swift ban has no real world impact on anything. So your logic doesn't hold with the rules and principles this forums exists on.

Dial that fuck shit back. Cause it's not ok to talk about human beings like that.

"Oh, it's just an expression of disgust". Then choose better fucking words than those that advocate for the deaths of millions of people. OR advocate we allow that standard across the board on this site and let's see how long that works out...

Fuck anyone trying to say my family and I should die. I don't give a shit what roundabout language they try to use or claim it's just an expression.

I say this as someone well aware of the dirt the American power structure has done to its own people and the world: Learn to differentiate between those in America that support the fuck shit and those that don't. Don't lump me and mines in with that shit. FOH. There's levels to this shit.

You're misreading that post. They're agreeing with you and saying the US should be criticized more, not less.

I mean you posted an edgy and hyperbolic statement and then get shocked when you're called on it. You don't wipe a country from the face of the earth without killing its inhabitants so of course people will think that's what you meant. That's on your wording, not on their interpretation.

This. Mofos need to grow up.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
With so much material, it's hard not to harp on you

That said, piling on the US and piling on [insert country that isn't the US] are not mutually exclusive concepts

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Another defensive American just poised and ready to be offended at nonsense. Learn to more prudently channel your outrage.

I'm a black man in America that doesn't like random assholes that don't know shit about what me and mine been through calling for the death of my family. Cause we happen to be born somewhere within a map. If you can't comprehend how that feels or you just don't care then you're a genuinely and I really mean deep down genuinely terrible human being.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
US is the kind of place that quite a few things I love in life originate from or are heavily influenced by them but I would not in a million years actually want to live there.

Not to say it's some sort of hellhole by global standards but the wasted potential is sad.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Plenty of shit said on this forum that results in a swift ban has no real world impact on anything. So your logic doesn't hold with the rules and principles this forums exists on.

Dial that fuck shit back. Cause it's not ok to talk about human beings like that.

"Oh, it's just an expression of disgust". Then choose better fucking words than those that advocate for the deaths of millions of people. OR advocate we allow that standard across the board on this site and let's see how long that works out...

Fuck anyone trying to say my family and I should die. I don't give a shit what roundabout language they try to use or claim it's just an expression.

I say this as someone well aware of the dirt the American power structure has done to its own people and the world: Learn to differentiate between those in America that support the fuck shit and those that don't. Don't lump me and mines in with that shit. FOH. There's levels to this shit.
And you dial it back with your employing selective reading comprehension as a pretext to lash out defensively. Newsflash: MY WISHES CANNOT AFFECT A FUCKING THING IN THIS COUNTRY. Especially as I am debilitatingly mentally ill and unable to work. I'm as feeble an individual as you can imagine. So you can put your faux outrage over a 100% harmless cry of disgust to rest.

I tell you, this is why I've decided to completely withdraw from the human race. Because your fucking species (Homo sapiens) is too stupid and up its own ass to know where to direct its rage. Spare me your bullshit.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I'm a black man in America that doesn't like random assholes that don't know shit about what me and mine been through calling for the death of my family. Cause we happen to be born somewhere within a map. If you can't comprehend how that feels or you just don't care then you're a genuinely and I really mean deep down genuinely terrible human being.
I DIDNT CALL FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR FAMILY. I CALLED FOR THE REMOVAL FROM POWER THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO CAUSE THE DEATH OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Jesus fucking Christ, this forum's the worst.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
And you dial it back with your employing selective reading comprehension as a pretext to lash out defensively. Newsflash: MY WISHES CANNOT AFFECT A FUCKING THING IN THIS COUNTRY. Especially as I am debilitatingly mentally ill and unable to work. I'm as feeble an individual as you can imagine. So you can put your faux outrage over a 100% harmless cry of disgust to rest.

I tell you, this is why I've decided to completely withdraw from the human race. Because your fucking species (Homo sapiens) is too stupid and up its own ass to know where to direct its rage. Spare me your bullshit.

Once again, there's tons of vile shit that gets said on this board that we don't tolerate regardless of if it can affect the real world. That's not an excuse to say foul shit like that. You're intentionally being obtuse by claiming "Well, since it's can't affect real life then its fine". That's not the point. You should fucking know better than to say shit like that in the fucking first place. And this site supposed to be "progressive"? LMAO.

It's just scumbag shit. Learn to do better. But NOOOOOO, you gotta keep trying to justify the fuck shit. It's not fake outrage. I really think it's wrong and you should take that attitude to 4chan or Gamefaqs.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
US is the kind of place that quite a few things I love in life originate from or are heavily influenced by them but I would not in a million years actually want to live there.

Not to say it's some sort of hellhole by global standards but the wasted potential is sad.
It's not like my criticism comes from hatred either. I know my country can be better. I want it to be better. I'm not ready to see it wiped off the planet like some, but god damn I hate seeing my country devolve into insanity, and being told I shouldn't be so hard on it.

My family and friends still live in that country, and they deserve a lot better than what they have to deal with now.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I DIDNT CALL FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR FAMILY. I CALLED FOR THE REMOVAL FROM POWER THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO CAUSE THE DEATH OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Jesus fucking Christ, this forum's the worst.

You need to learn to communicate better. This is what you said:

"I wish the rest of the world would pile on the US--literally--and wipe it from the face of the fucking planet. If only."

That's what you said. No nuance. No "removal from power of the people who are doing everything they can to cause the death of you and your family"

This is what I'm trying to tell you: Choose better words that actually represent your true views.

I can only judge the actual words you type. I really hope you put more thought into them next time and let that edgelord shit go.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
You know why America will never change, except for the worse? Because the people who run it and the people who vote for those who run it have no goddamn ability to stop and self-reflect on all the things they and their leaders do to inflict so much destruction and inhumanity on the rest of the world; not to mention its own citizens. The poor, the oppressed, the marginalized--rather than the actual fucking powerful causing all the death and terror--are the ones who get attacked. I say all this as an (extremely not proud) American.

The veil is off. America can no longer claim any kind of high moral ground. We need to fix our shit, or else learn to accept being excoriated by the rest of the civilized world.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
As a foreigner whenever I see kids doing the pledge thing in media I find it so creepy. It's something I would expect out of countries like North Korea and the USSR.

Haha, I grew up reciting it and honestly I didn't mind it.

For people asking about American pride...I am allowed to have pride in being American based on nothing but being American, because that's who I am.

It's unfair to say that because one person has self-esteem issues and yells "I'm the best at everything and I'm proud of that," that just because they're not ACTUALLY the best at anything, that they no longer are allowed to have self-confidence in being who they are.

Do I think America is the greatest country in the world, objectively, full stop? Facts say no.

But, at the same time, some of us have love for our country the way a parent blindly loves their kid, even if the kid kinda sucks. I think my kid is the cutest and smartest and most wonderful kid in the world because I'm his mother. He's not. I still FEEL that way, love and pride.

And yeah there's hella problems in the US itself as well as how the US government fucked with other countries. But...why does that matter to my identity as an American being as I don't support all the things the US government has done?

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Seriously. This thread is an embarassment. Contrast it with the "Let's talk about the way we talk about China" thread in which people rightfully make the point that there is a need to separate the actions of government from individuals. Then hop in here and read that every single American is awful and deserves to be "wiped from the face of the fucking planet". It's one thing to recognize that many significant issues the country faces and another to lay blame at everyone including those that are making things better rather than worse.
Not saying that Americans deserve to be wiped out or anything, that's insane, or that they should be 100% blamed for the actions of their government...

But it is also important to note that America is supposedly also a democracy with a "free press" where people vote for their representatives, and China...is not. So, I don't think it is unreasonable to say that Americans, as a whole, should take more responsibility for the actions of their governments than China citizens.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if we want to lead the world we ought to lead by example, not by force. america has all resources to be that shining city on the hill. we lack for nothing resource-wise but we've squandered it in greed, home grown division, and military adventurism.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I've hated the Pledge ever since I was a little kid because they tried to force me to pledge to some kind of God I don't believe in. I used to get in trouble in school because I would improvise fake words to replace it.

Oct 31, 2017
The pledge of allegiance is beyond creepy brainwashing bullshit

America has never been about "liberty and justice for all", ever.

I stopped reciting that shit in 4th grade. It's disgusting they still make kids say that trash, while they teach whitewashed history

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Once again, there's tons of vile shit that gets said on this board that we don't tolerate regardless of if it can affect the real world. That's not an excuse to say foul shit like that. You're intentionally being obtuse by claiming "Well, since it's can't affect real life then its fine". That's not the point. You should fucking know better than to say shit like that in the fucking first place. And this site supposed to be "progressive"? LMAO.

It's just scumbag shit. Learn to do better. But NOOOOOO, you gotta keep trying to justify the fuck shit. It's not fake outrage. I really think it's wrong and you should take that attitude to 4chan or Gamefaqs.
It is NOT "vile shit" to say that you wish for the decimation of the despotic US ruling class. That's what fucking Progressivism is all about!

Real talk: you (and other defensive Americans--are going out of your way to give my remarks the most uncharitable reading possible. If you weren't so high up on your horse now, you'd take the time to search through my posting history on this site which is littered with countless posts defending the oppressed--women, black, brown, queer, Muslims, sexual assault victims, etc, etc, etc. (As a trans person, I'm no less free from said oppression.)

Put your ego in check and stop doubling down in your fury against someone doing everything they can (modest though it might be) on the behalf of the persecuted and disadvantaged. Go roar at some white supremacist capitalist oligarch instead.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
www.resetera.com

"More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the U.S. applied for PPP loans – and 9,000 got them"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catholic-churches-paycheck-protection-program-12000-applied/ Sucks to see small business denied money that are going to big churches

www.resetera.com

Armed Vigilante-Mob, including off-duty deputy, terrorized HS senior and mother in their home - Wilmington, NC (UP: deputy and 1 other arrested)

More can be read via the article: https://www.wect.com/2020/05/07/high-school-senior-mother-say-large-group-armed-people-including-off-duty-deputy-terrorized-them-their-home/

www.resetera.com

Trump admin’s botched pandemic response detailed in whistleblower complaint

A new whistleblower complaint by a former US health official details how the Trump administration's COVID-19 response was hampered by cronyism and denial about the virus's severity. The 89-page complaint filed by Rick Bright, an immunology expert who led the Biomedical Advanced Research and...

www.resetera.com

Reuters Investigates - For cops who kill, special Supreme Court protection

Today, Reuters released an article about the doctrine of qualified immunity. What is qualified immunity? In short, even if a court finds that police officers violated someone's constitutional rights, if there isn't a past situation where a court has ruled that similar actions violate those...

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

"More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the U.S. applied for PPP loans – and 9,000 got them"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catholic-churches-paycheck-protection-program-12000-applied/ Sucks to see small business denied money that are going to big churches

www.resetera.com

Armed Vigilante-Mob, including off-duty deputy, terrorized HS senior and mother in their home - Wilmington, NC (UP: deputy and 1 other arrested)

More can be read via the article: https://www.wect.com/2020/05/07/high-school-senior-mother-say-large-group-armed-people-including-off-duty-deputy-terrorized-them-their-home/
both secular nonprofits and religious nonprofits are eligible for PPP loans

because both of them have to pay employees

neither of them pay taxes

I don't see the problem

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
It is NOT "vile shit" to say that you wish for the decimation of the despotic US ruling class. That's what fucking Progressivism is all about!

That. Is. Not. What. You. Wrote.

Real talk: you (and other defensive Americans--are going out of your way to give my remarks the most uncharitable reading possible. If you weren't so high up on your horse now, you'd take the time to search through my posting history on this site which is littered with countless posts defending the oppressed--women, black, brown, queer, Muslims, sexual assault victims, etc, etc, etc. (As a trans person, I'm no less free from said oppression.)

Put your ego in check and stop doubling down in your fury against someone doing everything they can (modest though it might be) on the behalf of the persecuted and disadvantaged. Go roar at some white supremacist capitalist oligarch instead.

Dude, this is just pride fucking with you. Just do better next time and don't say dumb shit that paints all folks in America with that brush and simultaneously call for our destruction. That's what "literally" you said. Don't condescendingly gaslight me about how I'm just being too sensitive by calling you out on that ridiculous statement.

Just do better next time. Why is that so hard? Stop saying shit like "X literally needs to be wiped off the map." You left NOTHING open to interpretation.

I'm glad you've made countless posts defending the oppressed and I genuinely thank you for it. But the question now is: Can you read a post by one and actually take what one is saying to heart and just adjust going forward? I'll leave you to figure that out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

You didn't say that, though. You just said "wipe the US from the face of the Earth". That's the reason people are upset. You want to talk about knocking down corrupt social structure, nobody's gonna get mad at that, but positioning it as "yeah the rest of the world should just team up and kill the entire US" is an entirely different argument, and that's the argument you made in that post, intentionally or unintentionally.

Word choice is important. I've said something in a hotheaded mode and gotten smacked down for it because I didn't think over my word choice. It happens, the best thing you can do is own up to the mistake and move on.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
I wish the rest of the world would pile on the US--literally--and wipe it from the face of the fucking planet. If only.

I dont, that is a very aggresive and uncalled for violence, but instead the rest of the world ahould hell them by showing them better example that their citizen should demand from their government, like univeraal health care, politivian that actually help the people and a police forcw thaf work with its citizen and will be hold reaponsible for their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.