Jun 5, 2020
There is clearly a market for arcade sports titles. Look at how awful NBA Playgrounds was and it managed to sell over 500,000 copies. NBA Jam (2010) was excellent and sold pretty well, IIRC. Could you image how much hype there would be if they dropped a NBA Street Vol. 4 trailer?

2wXexJl.png

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't the NBA not want to be associated with street culture anymore? I don't know if they'd let EA use the license for that purpose, which sucks. NBA Live The One mode was soooo close.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they stopped with the NBA Street games because the NBA itself wanted to get away from the "Street" culture.

OP
OP
Waluigi's World
Jun 5, 2020

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I wonder the same thing because it feels like they think that they can compete with NBA2K despite it's complete and utter dominance in the basketball game space considering it's really the only that comes out yearly. They tried with the last NBA Live and it pretty much sucked overall. NBA2K is just too dominant in terms of a "serious" basketball simulation game and it has too much of a fan base for people to even consider switching to NBA Live.

NBA Street should legitimately come back

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
NBA Jam On Fire Edition should have been on the Switch day one. The Joy-Cons have four face buttons; Jam only uses three buttons. There's two Joy-Cons in the box; that's multiplayer Jam anywhere, anytime. The game has been ported to the Shield TV; the Switch is a fuckin' Shield TV.

Unprecedented partnership, indeed.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder the same thing because it feels like they think that they can compete with NBA2K despite it's complete and utter dominance in the basketball game space considering it's really the only that comes out yearly. They tried with the last NBA Live and it pretty much sucked overall. NBA2K is just too dominant in terms of a "serious" basketball simulation game and it has too much of a fan base for people to even consider switching to NBA Live.

NBA Street should legitimately come back

You are a saint. I have no idea NBA jam on fire edition was available on the shield let alone on mobile. Wow!

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NBA Live has street ball in it like NBA 2k has the park, both are terrible though. The park in nba 2k is popular though, idk how...
Both companies should separate the street ball from the main game though and make it its own thing though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing is stopping them from making a new NBA Jam.

I doubt that's true, they don't just have a free reign license to do whatever they want. Just like they need approval from Disney re: Star Wars, it's more than likely they have to have the NBA's involvement and blessing on something like that.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I'd buy a NBA Street Vol. 4, or a remaster of Vol. 2, with little hesitation. Such a bummer there's nothing like it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane to me that Arcade style sport games are not being invested in

That there is not one good basketball arcade game out - and I'm including indies here - is wild.

EA Big in general was this great thing that just went away. NBA Street, FIFA Street, NFL Street, SSX, Skate - all gone.

It was a huge loss to sports games specifically and gaming in general.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the NBA license is incredibly valuable/expensive -- probably too expensive to justify only using it on a "spinoff"

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
EA is lazy plus after NBA Jam On Fire, FIFA blew up and MUT started...also everyone got 2K and the rest is history. 2K Battlegrounds is the closest we'll get to a new Jam/Street.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That there is not one good basketball arcade game out - and I'm including indies here - is wild.

EA Big in general was this great thing that just went away. NBA Street, FIFA Street, NFL Street, SSX, Skate - all gone.

It was a huge loss to sports games specifically and gaming in general.
You would think EA would have all of them available just from the insane mtx possibilities alone lol. I am not saying I want them but how EA works I can't imagine a better game type to try and implement them

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
It's insane to me that Arcade style sport games are not being invested in

The death of the "AA" space is the biggest tragedy of the past two generations. The sheer variety of games we get from the rise of indies/downloadable titles is an excellent consolation... but not replacement, when you look back at what we've lost.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
EA Sports is seemingly content banking off of their license exclusivity. The EA Sports lineup is just complete and utter ass at this point. It's comical watching them desperately flail to bring back Live while FIFA and Madden go through the motions every year. Bringing back those EA Big franchises seems like easy money honestly. We really were living in the golden era of sports gaming back on the PS2/Xbox.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Hell, I'd take an NBA Ballers sequel.

The NBA wanting to distance themselves from "street" culture is racist AF.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Hell, I'd take an NBA Ballers sequel.

The NBA wanting to distance themselves from "street" culture is racist AF.
This happened under the David Stern era but I'd bet the now commissioner of the NBA Adam Silver would be all for it. Hell, the park in NBA2K is one of the most popular modes and it's heavily tied with street culture from the music, to the tattoos you can place on your character and the emotes and dances you can do in game. Not to mention the story mode which always leans towards the urban coming of age story. Give us a stand-alone 2K park-like game with a full career mode where you travel to hood to hood in organized leagues as well as the online 3v3 and 5v5 modes and it would be a hit.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
It's been a while since I've played it, but why did it feel like Vol. 3 was a step back in terms of quality than Vol. 2? I know it's not just me, because I constantly see Vol. 2 as one of a lot of people's favorite sports games. But from what I remembered, it seemed like it did a decent job of expanding the gameplay? Yet I definitely played it far less than Vol. 2.

On topic, I would love for the NBA street games to come back and see how the gameplay can be revamped with the power of consoles/pc now.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
NBA Jam On Fire Edition was fantastic. I would buy a straight port of that game if it was available on Switch or PC.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Makes no sense - I'd kill for a new Street title, while 2 is arguably one of the best games ever made I still rock Homecourt a lot in the summer. There was a real passion put into those games, and the art style and gameplay were incredible.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
street 2 was not only a great game, it was educational--- i really didn't know who tiny archibald or earl monroe was (i grew up in chicago) and i mean what a great way to introduce a generation to the history of the game outside of magic, bird, and jordan

there is so much that could be done with a modern street game

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Should just make a new NBA Jam with current rosters in addition to classic teams. EA has the pockets to pay for Jordan and others, they paid Jordan for that one version of NBA Live back in the day.

OP
OP
Waluigi's World
Jun 5, 2020
2K tried to make an NBA Jam-style game with 2K Playgrounds, and it was not great to say the least
NBA Playgrounds is made by Saber Interactive. The sequel "NBA Playgrounds 2" was already completed when 2K purchased Saber Interactive and branded the game as 2K Playgrounds 2. The NBA Playgrounds series is shit. Terrible art direction, presentation, gameplay, sound etc.

Oct 25, 2017
NBA Playgrounds is made by Saber Interactive. The sequel "NBA Playgrounds 2" was already completed when 2K purchased Saber Interactive and branded the game as 2K Playgrounds 2. The NBA Playgrounds series is shit. Terrible art direction, presentation, gameplay, sound etc.
Probably my worst day 1 download of the last decade. Just a total slog of a game, the first one.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
NBA Street and NBA Jam were made for today's player focused league.

They are losing money by the second not having new versions out.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't released version of NBA jam with many more players available via micro transactions.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the NBA not want to be associated with street culture anymore? I don't know if they'd let EA use the license for that purpose, which sucks. NBA Live The One mode was soooo close.
Apparently they stopped with the NBA Street games because the NBA itself wanted to get away from the "Street" culture.
Isn't my park or whatever it's called now the most popular mode, where they make tons of money from selling streetwear via VC?