• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In fantasy settings where there are dragons, magic, immortals, zombies, whatever, why is a guy giving birth somehow more egregious.
It's stupid, but it's all stupid, why is this more stupid.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
20a4ef2072e76b9b899dd9362109685e67dcba52.pnj

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the closer you get to reality, the weirder shit becomes, ironically. you have a frame of reference with pregnancy. not so with all the other things

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
It's kind of weird especially given that it has basis in reality/nature where you have that one fish family that includes Seahorses/Pipe fishes/Sea Dragons where it's the male who gives birth.

There are other wild stuff like the African Jacana (I think that's it) where the males are the ones that look after the young (even carrying them under their wings). The larger females have like a harem of males that look after. Females will kill the young guarded by the males to get them to mate with her and the let him watch her eggs...

Then you have that Bark Lice/Neotrogla where the sex organs of the males and females are reversed - the females are the larger ones with the dicks and the males lack one...

Or the Spotted Hyena where the females have the pseudo-penis where they have sex/urintate/give birth from....

(I watched way too many animal documentaries both on tv and on youtube as well as going down the rabbit hole of wikipedia)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The human brain is capable of some wild kinks, I'm sure there are interesting podcasts and dissertations about it. I'll probably never get over how there's hundreds of smut books on Amazon about hunky guys that shift into giant bears. Just countless numbers of books, tucked in a corner of Amazon few know exist.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
The human brain is capable of some wild kinks, I'm sure there are interesting podcasts and dissertations about it. I'll probably never get over how there's hundreds of smut books on Amazon about hunky guys that shift into giant bears. Just countless numbers of books, tucked in a corner of Amazon few know exist.

Now I have to delete that from my viewing history in my/my parents Amazon.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if my mom had read it.

The things I could see she was reading on her Kindle from the back seat...

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I do question why Omegaverse is based on wolves and not like seahorses or something, but it's whatever.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I had to look up wtf mpreg meant lol

I blame "Junior"

7-35.jpg.webp
I forget why exactly this came up - somewhere in the context of watching Schwarzenegger movies or intentionally watching movies I suppose - but a friend of mine was really interested in watching Junior, so I have it a shot. I gave it a watch, but it doesn't really work for a movie that you sit around at laugh at. It's not an exceptionally good movie, but it comes from a genuine place and it does enough standard movie things competently that it ends up being pretty milquetoast. It's got standard a bit of romantic comedy, it's got a bit of drama, but neither really elevates the movie the sense that you're watching it entirely for the supposedly outlandish premise.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I think the idea of having a whole-ass baby going through your peepee is a bit.. too much, for a lot of people.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I forget why exactly this came up - somewhere in the context of watching Schwarzenegger movies or intentionally watching movies I suppose - but a friend of mine was really interested in watching Junior, so I have it a shot. I gave it a watch, but it doesn't really work for a movie that you sit around at laugh at. It's not an exceptionally good movie, but it comes from a genuine place and it does enough standard movie things competently that it ends up being pretty milquetoast. It's got standard a bit of romantic comedy, it's got a bit of drama, but neither really elevates the movie the sense that you're watching it entirely for the premise.
Man, remember when Arnie apparently helped con Sylvester Stallone into starring in embarrassing box office failure; Stop, or my Mom Will Shoot? And then Arnie went on to use said canny hollywood smarts and artistic high-ground into willingly featuring in such projects as Junior?

The nineties were fucking weird.

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
A biologically male human gestating a fetus doesn't seem much weirder than all the shit the Bible says Jesus did, and plenty of people actually believe all that happened, so I dunno what the big deal is.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Since the original Metal Gear Solid essentially lifted its premise out of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Twins, with Solid Snake in the role of Schwarzeneggar and Liquid Snake in the role of Danny DeVito, I think it only makes logical sense for us to get a Metal Gear Solid game where Solid and Liquid play the roles of Schwarzeneggar and DeVito in Junior.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021

Ah, the natural enemy of the werewolf.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
OP you should read Sweet Pool

sandeian.wordpress.com

BL Game Review – Sweet Pool

Alternative Names: スウィート プール Company: Nitro+Chiral Release Date: 19.12.08 Official Site: /pc/software/sweetpool/ Platform: PC, PSP (unofficial chinese port by otomedream) Genre: 18+ BL, romance, an…

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Presumably this is the result of an entire generation that grew up on Altered Beast.

giphyxudj5.gif

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I read mpreg as mpeg, and was like why would a video codec be crazy? I'm gonna go ahead and back out of the thread now