• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because when you open while playing an HDR enabled game it is and man does it look great. Honestly, it may be the most noticeable example I've seen of HDR.

Because I have HDR enabled anyway, while I'm playing games it's not like I'm honestly aware of what this wouldn't look like without HDR. The mode in Gears 4 on the X was neat, but I don't know maybe my tv is crap and/or I don't have things calibrated because while it was somewhat noticeable the HDR didn't make a huge difference for that game.

But maybe because I've seen the PS4 Dash so many times, I notice that when HDR is enabled the Blues look well more blue and the colors of the icons just pop. The screen info says HDR is still running and usually when it's not it swamps back so I'm assuming it is.

Hey maybe I sound like an idiot, but this really is funny to me. The Dash for me has been the best HDR thing I've seen...

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
The HDR looks a little bit too dark for me but the colors do pop out well, especially if you have a colorful theme for dashboard. I also hate the transition from HDR to no-HDR when we quit a game in this mode.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! When I'm running a game and I go to the dash the HDR dash looks amazing, when I exit the game HDR is gone and it's a shame :/

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
The dash used to not be in HDR at all if I remember correctly while playing a game, but now while playing a game, the dash is in HDR. I guess it would be nice if the dash was in HDR at all times.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is the dash really in HDR tho, or is the dash just an overlay getting visually affected by the cranked backlight brightness of HDR settings.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Is the dash really in HDR tho, or is the dash just an overlay getting visually affected by the cranked backlight brightness of HDR settings.
Yeah I personally don't really notice a difference at all on the dash in HDR mode on my OLED. I'm pretty sure it's just an overlay.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017

Well, on the KS8000 where the TV is unfortunately too stupid to remember separate backlight settings between SDR and HDR, there's still a very notable difference on the home menu when it switches back to SDR, even before you manually adjust the backlight back down.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bright for me imo. The xbox dash isn't in HDR when you switch back to it in the middle of a game.