• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
In the past 12 months we've had era limit Cyberpunk discussion to one thread due to how that game treats a lot of topic including casual stereotyping/racism and its disgusting marketing campaign/ in game bullshit treatment of the LGBT. Harry potter discussion was severely limited due to JK Rowling being a TERF and a piece of absolute shit.

So my question now then is why isn't Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Riot and others that have severely toxic/abusive work cultures receiving the same treatment?
The way I'm looking at it shouldn't the same rules apply to these companies and their products considering they've got discrimination, mistreatment of workers, sexual harassment and many other horrible details out there and its only going to get worse as time moves on especially with the current lawsuit Activision Blizzard has ongoing right now.

We've got some smaller outlets currently declaring that they aren't going to cover Activision or Ubisoft due to these allegations plus the stories out there.
The more websites and press sites limit their coverage of the games the more it would send a message than any gamer organised boycott.
They should instead focus on covering the stories that are coming out from these companies are highlight them for everyone to see how disgusting this industry is being found to be.

So my suggestion is this why not limit discussion of companies with these toxic cultures to only threads about these stories as they continue to come out and stop giving them free PR on anything else otherwise.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Because the trans community here fought tooth and nail for that and even then it took a long time for it to happen. No one cares enough for Ubi of Acti to be the brunt of this, just like you're forgetting Riot too. The original outed rape company.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
because supposedly left-leaning resetera still often fails to make a moral stand when it potentially interferes with their digital toys

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Have you pushed for that in the same way that the trans community here pushed for it around CDPR and Rowling?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I literally just woke up and I apologize for being short.

Literally every publisher and studio in the industry is guilty of misogyny and sexism. There isn't a single one that hasn't had someone come forward against them. Ubisoft, Riot, Insomniac, Microsoft, Naughty Dog, the list goes on and on and on. Big publishers and independent developers both. This is systemic across the entire industry. Banning just one publisher/studio and not all of the others sends a message that we only care about this when it gets particularly bad. It's wholly unacceptable regardless of who does it.

Banning just Acti/Blizz sends the message that it's just them that's the problem. They aren't the only ones. It's everyone. Every game we enjoy is tainted by this, there is no getting around that or minimizing it. This is why we pointed people towards charities to help women because this is a systemic problem. You cannot pretend it's just Acti/Blizz because it isn't. You don't get to write this off as just a single studio or publisher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.