• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Why shouldn't bluepoint games Remaster SOCOM US NAVY SEALS?

Do you think it would be a challenge to get the online mode from playstation 2 working as part of this collection?

Would a single player game with the 4 campaigns from Socom 1, 2, 3 and Combined Assault on PS2 with single player only be enough ? Perhaps with a new online game?

Do you see Bluepoint working on another exclusive? Maybe the title is something that was on Xbox as well?, Perhaps it is something smaller, but SOCOM would be a huge surprise. i definitely see a significant amount of people still tweeting about it and wanting it. It is not that known as an IP but i think there is room for a modern version of SOCOM.

In a line up that is impressive in my opinion, with SOTC, God of War, Days Gone, Spider Man, Detroit, etc. and RDR2 and KH3 and others n the third party end, SOCOM would be a great fit as a competitive shooter.

Even just Confrontation as a base.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
It might be as simple as the value of Bluepoint's time versus the benefit of having a new game on the market with the name "SOCOM" on it.

There are more valuable properties and titles for them to revisit.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I loved socom 1 and 2.

Go boot it up and play online via xlink.

The controls didnt age well. Its basically a shittier pubg on xbox. If pubg added a search and destroy or hostage mode, youd pretty much have an updates version.

Theres two games on pc that tried to recreated the magic, but its sadly never coming back.

Id actually prefer if cod brough back the third person mode for hardcore search and destroy that was in mw1, had a very similar feel to socom

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Games with MP online components require ongoing support/maintenance post-launch. I don't think Bluepoint as a studio has a lot of experience with that. They've almost exclusively worked on single-player games.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't start playing the series until SOCOM: Confrontation so I can't directly answer the question...but I loved the shit out of it. I'd take a remaster of that no questions asked.

Heck, why not get Bluepoint Games to create there own version?

Would it find an audience? I'm sure there's still a hoard of PlayStation gamers waiting for this to happen. As long as they don't change gameplay, like Destiny 2 so famously has, then I'm sure it'll be a survivor. Maybe not a massive money maker but something that keeps a section of players really happy and engaged for a long time.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PRIORITIES

mischief_makers_quickie_by_fightermarth-d5ni9ax.gif

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
They should remaster Resistance 3. This art style don't deserve to be stuck at 960x704 pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.