El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
rockpaperscissors.gif

Try to stop a rock by wrapping paper around it. I DARE you. Not going to stop shit and leave your in the ER with a concussion. Rock Paper Scissors needs a rules patch. Maybe add something else to it like a Hammer or something. That'll stop a rock.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe your paper can't stop a rock, but mine is built different.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
theres a little animu u should watch called read or die

Oct 27, 2017
Think of rock as the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trall. If you can't see it, then it assumes it can't see you. So you put paper over your head, not rock. Thus, defeated.

Last edited:

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
in the swedish version of the game, we call it "bag" (as in a plastic or paper bag, not a hand bag, shoulder-strap bag or backpack). i think that makes more sense. you trap the rock inside a plastic bag

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You might be right that IRL paper would have a tough time against rock, but I like that matchup more than the scissors needing to beat a hammer which your solution would leave us with.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
in the swedish version of the game, we call it "bag" (as in a plastic or paper bag, not a hand bag, shoulder-strap bag or backpack). i think that makes more sense. you trap the rock inside a plastic bag
I mean, if someone flung a rock at me, I kinda wish I'd have something better than a plastic bag to protect me. So OP's point kinda stands. If it was rock vs shield, I would get it too.

My interpretation is that "paper" here doesn't talk about literal paper, but everything that you can put on paper. So while the enemy tries to bludgeon you to death, you use the power of the pen to amass power, fortune and fame, and use those to crush your enemy.

Feb 24, 2018
In the earliest version we know the rules for, it was slug (which may have been intended as a poisonous centipede but got misinterpreted) beats snake, snake beats frog and frog beats slug.

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023
I mean, if someone flung a rock at me, I kinda wish I'd have something better than a plastic bag to protect me. So OP's point kinda stands. If it was rock vs shield, I would get it too.

My interpretation is that "paper" here doesn't talk about literal paper, but everything that you can put on paper. So while the enemy tries to bludgeon you to death, you use the power of the pen to amass power, fortune and fame, and use those to crush your enemy.
Shield > Rock > Axe?

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Listen, if you want rock to beat paper then ya gotta rebalance the whole game.

Which means paper now has to beat scissors, which makes even less sense.